Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Federalism?

To dadka ku waashay 'federal, federal' oo ereyqabsi u noqday. Fine. You sure do want federalism implemented fairly? Fine, let's then go back to the original regions, the eight original regions. There was no qualms about it between then Soomaalis in the '50s and '60s and during the colonial times.

The original regions, of course, are:

x6m44.png

5bwvbq.png

kaqx7a.png

5131wj.png

mre7sz.png

2wegtoz.png

344tlwi.png

se51qa.png

The Zack   

Just so that your clan gets benefited, you want to go back to 1960 stuff? Somalidu waa dad nooc kale ah. Who is going to let you do that?

The Zack;922923 wrote:
Just so that your clan gets benefited, you want to go back to 1960 stuff? Somalidu waa dad nooc kale ah. Who is going to let you do that?

So where did the 'Jubbaland' come from? After the '60s? Ain't it a colonial name?

For your information, I, for one, am not for federalism iyo wixii la mid ah. Laakiin tixraaca la iska indhitaraayo iyo huruufta meeshaan lagu haayo la yaabanahay. Wax aanan jirin, historical shuqul ku laheyna oo aanan soconeyni ayaaba la dhoob dhoobooyaa.

N.O.R.F   

Good question.

Horta what happened with the constitution? Wasn't it supposed to be discussed, amended and ratified?

The Zack   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;922933 wrote:
So where did the 'Jubbaland' come from? After the '60s? Ain't it a colonial name?.

It can be called Qudhacland for all one cares. The three gobols coming together and creating a federal state is a consitutional right.

"Two gobols and more can can create their own maamul-goboleedd" - The consistution of the Federal Republic

The Zack   

N.O.R.F;922961 wrote:
^What happened to the constitution Zazk?

As far as? I was just saying 'Jubbaland" is a result of a constitutional exercise.

Jacpher   

The roadmap of which ended the transitional period put the federalism in place and gave the current president and the government the legitimacy to serve the country. If the federalism is abolished, so is the current governing system and the constitution. The country goes back to square one. Doing so doesn't produce any tangible result. It is futile to argue going back to the '60s era. Demographics have changed so is the trust and habitability among Somali clans. I too am not a fan of federalism but sadly, the true reality is federalism is the only form of system we can co-exist in peace. Maybe the next or future generations can dream of having the Somalia of the 60s.

N.O.R.F   

The Zack;922978 wrote:
As far as? I was just saying 'Jubbaland" is a result of a constitutional exercise.

From what I understood back then it was due to be discussed and approved by parliament. Has this been done?

Somalia   

As far as I see, the seats are somewhat proportional to those today so how is it unfair. If people are unable to unite right now, with multiple regions, how the hell is a 8 state system going to work? :D It's a shame the opposition to federalism is so futile.

With the provisional constitution, there will be a proposed amendment as it says in the constitution and then it will be put up for a referendum, so in theory federalism can be rejected I guess.

The Zack   

N.O.R.F;922995 wrote:
From what I understood back then it was due to be discussed and approved by parliament. Has this been done?

The parliament didn't have approve it, however, it remains transitional until the public votes for it. The parliament can ammend parts of the constitution as indicated by the book of law itself. The "federalism" part cannot be changed by the parliament.