Sign in to follow this  
Sighnomore

Help!

Faheema.   

wrote:
She thinks if she lands a husband it'll be worth it. She's seen her friends marital prospects change after bleaching and thinks hers will too.

And therein lies the problem. A lack of self-esteem and with a man-centered elevation of self. First and foremost she should learn to love herself and be confident about her looks.

wyre   

NGONGE;922515 wrote:
^^ I'd cut my left arm if "she" and her cousin did not have beards bigger than Maaddeey's.
:D
:D

p.s.

My post above was not a lie, I did bleach my face for months.
:(

Who knows that your left arm was already cut in the arab countries for farsameeying :D

raula   

nuune;922455 wrote:

......girls sneak through.......your cousin got her colors mixed up!

lol nuune, it sounds like someone is just playing w/crayons! Maybe her cousin could be one of those that sneaks through! you could teach her a trick or two about how men are infatuated w/Jinn's.

NGONGE-noted! I wonder what madam said when she saw the rest of the body :D But i think you compensated it w/your wit etc

Che-are you up for the challenge :D maybe she'll believe it's all about self-esteem if she hears from a prospective kusband!

On serious though-as Faheema & others mentioned, the underlying issue w/your cousin is lack of self-esteem/confidence in her own beauty.

NGONGE   

^^ I said I used it raula, I didn't say it changed much in me. Well, apart from my cheeks going red when I blush (which is something that hardly ever happens). :P

Wadani   

nuune;922455 wrote:
Nothing you can do about it, you advised her and all she wants is to become cadeey boolo caanaha labeentooda, then she is gone.

Ps: Somali men don't go after whitish girls , but maarriin is the color choice for Somali men, few light skinned girls sneak through without our knowledge but overrall it is the maarriin color, your cousin got her colors mixed up!

+1000. Lightskin is way overrated. Mariin wax ka qurux badan maba jiro.

raula   

NGONGE;922649 wrote:
^^ I said I used it raula, I didn't say it changed much in me. Well, apart from my cheeks going red when I blush (which is something that hardly ever happens).
:P

is that right NGONGE :D so what cheeks are we talking about :D

Reeyo   

Faheema.;922531 wrote:
And therein lies the problem. A lack of self-esteem and with a man-centered elevation of self. First and foremost she should learn to love herself and be confident about her looks.

As already said, the issue is her self-esteem.

Now how to fix that?

raula....With all fine attributes this woman has, count me in and I refuse to believe an educated, religious, beautiful woman has self-esteem issues unless there's some father issues the poster ain't sharing.

Who knew NGONGE uses makeup..

underdog   

Sighnomore;922450 wrote:
...... She's a pretty girl, educated, religious and successful. She's also soon to be twenty-seven and has started bleaching. She thinks she's on the shelf so to speak because she is darker skinned. I talked to her about the possible repercussions but despite my concerns she thinks if she lands a husband it'll be worth it. She's seen her friends marital prospects change after bleaching and thinks hers will too. I don't know what to say to this... because we've all attended a wedding where a former dark skinned girl is suddenly light skinned and lauded as a cadeey and calanjo.

Let her do it. If she thinks thats the way to go, who are you (or anyone else) to try and stop her. She's not the first and d@mned sure won't be the last to go down that road. while she's at it, tell her to look into some rhinoplasty and breast, butt and calf implants too.

If you have an image of the woman you want to be, there's a doctor somewhere who can make it happen. Go for it!

underdog   

Of course, Malika.

If you can afford it, and you want it, you should exercise freewill and do it.

Looking good on the inside is complimented well with looking good on the outside. LOL

Che -Guevara;922816 wrote:
raula....With all fine attributes this woman has, count me in and I refuse to believe an educated, religious, beautiful woman has self-esteem issues
unless there's some father issues
the poster ain't sharing.

Who knew NGONGE uses makeup..

Her father is the worst! Her controls every facet of her life... her finances (she has to give him every pay check she earns and only gets a small allowance /who she calls/e-mails/texts and she has to be home right after work). I told her he's her biggest problem not her skin tone. She'll never find someone as long as she's under his thumb.