Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Music Competition taking Somalia by Storm

raula   

Apo..who are you kidding..you can't even chat up a 'chick' maxaad daad wax ka sheegi :D c'mon my broda :D

OBa..ok.

Apophis;921946 wrote:
Except you right, Mr the exception? And btw, what school of philosophy are you a philosopher of?

I'd like to think so. Aspiring Marxist. Though, I see philosophy in macro stages everyone goes through which encompass these micro ideologies we call school of thoughts. The first stage being very existential regarding our personal existence, which is the question of why we exist, the matter of our 'creation', religion etc.

Most of us never pass that stage.

i find it quite sad when we equate progress and indeed judge its outcomes by a liberal western standard......now, i'm not saying this competition platform is uniquely western, but its been deliberately misconstrued, to somehow, indicate, this has only been possible because the recent defeat of Al-Shabab has created the necessary conditions for such events to occur. the big Somali Television stations have been showing similar shows for a long time now. at the same time, maybe it is a new competition but we MUST always be aware of the speech codes, semantics and discourses used by westerns to propagate the view, that Xamar was a apocalyptic wasteland, which has just reemerged from years of destruction and that miraculously this musical talent competition is witness to that. we should NEVER pick and chose with a selective memory. we MUST all times, aim to show the complete picture. its NOT only divisive to sensationalise but its also unfavourable to our collective efforts in maintaining ownership of these homegrown, organic, and somali engineered efforts..............

just the other day, i was watching a youtube clip and this woman made a rather pathetic statement that xamar is now safe because she DOESN'T have to wear the hijab....that's messed up walahi.....

Oba,

can you please post the source...

Apophis;921933 wrote:
They need harsh Simon Cowel type critic. I'm putting myself forward, not to be judged but to judge
:D

NONSENSE......they need a seasoned cultural critic like Alpha....LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.....:D:D

Alpha Blondy;921956 wrote:
i find it quite sad when we equate progress and indeed judge its outcomes by a liberal western standard......now, i'm not saying this competition platform is uniquely western, but its been deliberately misconstrued, to somehow, indicate, this has only been possible because the recent defeat of Al-Shabab has created the necessary conditions for such events to occur. the big Somali Television stations have been showing similar shows for a long time now. at the same time, maybe it is a new competition but we MUST always be aware of the speech codes, semantics and discourses used by westerns to propagate the view, that
Xamar was a apocalyptic wasteland
, which has just reemerged from years of destruction and that miraculously this musical talent competition is witness to that. we should NEVER pick and chose with a selective memory. we MUST all times, aim to show the complete picture. its NOT only divisive to sensationalise but also unfavourable to our collective efforts in maintaining ownership of these homegrown, organic, and somali engineered efforts..............

just the other day, i was watching a youtube clip and this woman made a rather pathetic statement that xamar is now safe because she DOESN'T have to wear the hijab....that's messed up walahi.....

Oba,

"Xamar being an apocalyptic wasteland" is that not semantics and discourse used to propagate the Somaliland nationhood?

Apophis;921961 wrote:
Sorry bro but you sound less like a Marxist and more like a a typical deluded neo-liberal. Existentialism is the end stage. There's nothing beyond realising the rather obvious nothingness.

You think your on the last stage, while SP defined it as the first. Go ahead and misconstruct this dichotomy by placing yourself at the finish line. Its comforting eh?

Alpha Blondy;921956 wrote:
i find it quite sad when we equate progress and indeed judge its outcomes by a liberal western standard......now, i'm not saying this competition platform is uniquely western, but its been deliberately misconstrued, to somehow, indicate, this has only been possible because the recent defeat of Al-Shabab has created the necessary conditions for such events to occur. the big Somali Television stations have been showing similar shows for a long time now. at the same time, maybe it is a new competition but we MUST always be aware of the speech codes, semantics and discourses used by westerns to propagate the view, that Xamar was a apocalyptic wasteland, which has just reemerged from years of destruction and that miraculously this musical talent competition is witness to that. we should NEVER pick and chose with a selective memory. we MUST all times, aim to show the complete picture. its NOT only divisive to sensationalise but its also unfavourable to our collective efforts in maintaining ownership of these homegrown, organic, and somali engineered efforts..............

Oba,

Nabadoon AL this aint something new its like ''heesaha hirgalay'' back in the days.

http://www.jowhar.com/?p=1209

Alpha Blondy;921958 wrote:
NONSENSE......they need a seasoned cultural critic like Alpha....LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.....

i'm OUT......this is a little too commercial for me.....

Reeyo,

this is more suited to Apo.....the thought of sharing a stage with that man SHOCKS......Apo aka louis walsh.....:D:p

SomaliPhilosopher;921960 wrote:
"Xamar being an apocalyptic wasteland" is that not semantics and discourse used to propagate the Somaliland nationhood?

don't be ridiculous. this is absolute NONSENSE.....our relative success and road to recovery efforts were solely with the focus of building a grass-roots, homegrown, bottom-ups efforts. our success has never been tied to that of Xamar or off Somalia. at the same time, we've NEVER taken pride in ''the troubles'' that blighted Xamar and Southern Somalia all the years. we wish the people of xamar our very best.....and we're very happy to see the progress that is continually occurring in xamar.

Alpha Blondy;921982 wrote:
don't be ridiculous. this is absolute NONSENSE.....our relative success and road to recovery efforts were solely with the focus of building a grass-roots, homegrown, bottom-ups efforts. our success has never been tied to that of Xamar or off Somalia. at the same time, we've NEVER taken pride in ''the troubles'' that blighted Xamar and Southern Somalia all the years. we wish the people of xamar our very best.....and we're very happy to see the progress that is continually occurring in xamar.

I am happy to hear that