Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Lifting Somalia’s Arms Embargo and a Renewed Political Conflict

Point out the holes awoowe...

I am not even sure if you read the article, North.

The gist of Faysal's objection to lifting arms embargo is the timing of it. I totally agree with it. Particularly , in light of Kismayo political disagreement. How could you arm an entity that lacks trust and legitimacy( they have lost it big time) of major political stake holders in the country?

Haatu   

I give up. It's hopeless. The President is corrupt, the opposition is corrupt. Every group has qabiil interest at heart. This godforsaken country is doomed for failure. Balaayo reer Somalia.

Haatu;922299 wrote:
I give up. It's hopeless. The President is corrupt, the opposition is corrupt. Every group has qabiil interest at heart. This godforsaken country is doomed for failure. Balaayo reer Somalia.

:(

lol@ I give up." Poor Haatu was lost in Somalia's clan politicking. Waryaa sujui, ama banaanka ka joog ama dhinac raac, dhexyaal baad noqotay, markaas aa wareertay. ;)

Abwaan   

xiinfaniin;921853 wrote:
Hear Hear

Xiinoow, horta waa su'aale ninkaan Faisal Roble xaggee ku dhashay? War maka haysaa?

Abwaan   

Haatu;922299 wrote:

:D Haatu waan kugu ogaa inaan adiga qabiil ku wadin ee aad nin macquul ah ahayd. You just deny your age, that is the only thing:D. Just a piece of advice for you, please go & visit Somalia & you might find the whole truth.

NGONGE   

Haatu;922299 wrote:

Don't lose hope adeer and listen to what the guru tells you. We must ensure that the next generation is openly clannish so that Somalia may be saved. :D

Haatu   

NGONGE;922843 wrote:
Don't lose hope adeer and listen to what the guru tells you. We must ensure that the next generation is openly clannish so that Somalia may be saved.
:D

The next generation isn't interested in that. Just ask your kids what their clan is. I bet they have no clue :D

Abwaan, are you still at it? :D I might visit, one day.

RedSea   

Abwaan;921886 wrote:
Odey and others here supported the arms embargo to be lifted between 2004 and 2012 but they disagree with it now. There has NOT been ethnic conflicts and massacres between August 2012 and now. What is wrong here?

Good point. It is clear hypocricy.

Mario B   

NGONGE;922843 wrote:
Don't lose hope adeer and listen to what the guru tells you. We must ensure that the next generation is openly clannish so that Somalia may be saved.

lol-white-people_o_721887.gif

No one is going to trust each other ha dhakhleyso

Haatu you still have you''re Kikiyuu brothers , they put nation before the tribes, only during elections times tribal politics matter in kenya.

But in Somalia if the president says one thing , Somalidu waxay odhanayaan anagu no jeeda ma arkaysa, waanu qaadacnay :D

Abwaan   

I found some interesting threads about what SOLers said regarding foreign intervention and lifting the arms embargo against Somalia in 2012 and all the way back to 2006....check what xiin, Oodweyne and Naxar Nugaaleed said.:D

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/24779-Arms-embargo-to-be-lifted?highlight=arms+embargo+Naxar

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/27628-Breaking-News-U.N.-authorizes-regional-force-to-protect-Somalia?highlight=oromia%2C+itobiya+blah%2C+blah%2C+blah

02/14/2012

Oodweyne;788815 wrote:

Abwaan

Don't bet the house on it, my friend. For this
"Arms embargo"
will stay in it's place (if the Brits have anything to do with it) till, Somalis political destiny is finally settled. Which means, so long as the issue of Somalia and Somaliland is in the air, then, UK, will quietly be making sure that no government in
Mogadishu
will be armed in a manner that could even come close to what late
Gen. Afweyne
have had in his day.

Consequently, if Somalis of Somalia, want to see their country armed, like their neighbors, such as Kenya and Ethiopia, then, I fear, they will have settle the political argument with Somaliand. Particularly, as to where to go from here onward. Or else, let just say the Ethiopians and Kenyans and their western-equipped armies will be the closest that Somalia will have for a proper well-equipped army of it's own, indeed...

I hope you get the picture in here, my friend...

Here is xiin reassuring SOLers on liback in 07/12/2006

xiinfaniin;443584 wrote:
Calm down guys! We all knew this one was comming. Surely it would complicate lives of the average Somalis but it's not going to change our status quo as far our political conflict goes! It will remain just that, political! One thing to keep in mind is the fact that weapons will also come to Berbera, Mogadishu, and Kismayo ports and not only to Boosaaso or Baydhabo!

:DNaxar Nugaaleed]

Naxar Nugaaleed;443591 wrote:
Iraq, oromia, itobiya blah, blah, blah. Today belongs to Somalia, som please, let us celebrate this success of our government. , I for one will. Its a ceelebraaation! people. I must say, of all the years I have kept up with Somali affairs, success was never closer. All you anarchist, jihadist, dowladdiid, moryaans, you have finally been checked by none other then that hero in the making Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed.