Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Somali Government Opposes Kismayo Admin Formation, Alshabaab Gains Political Ground

Raamsade,

It is ok (at least with me) if some clans oppose federalism because they fear it may disadvantage them if implemented. What is not ok however is if the very government that supposed to facilitate the process reflects that fear and sabotages the very political framework from which it draws its legitimacy. And that is what is happening in Kismayo.

As for the federal government being toothless and whatnot, I think you are missing the whole point here. The government is symbolically important to accept the outcome of Kismayo conference. It is the interest of all concern to have the blessing of federal government with respect to Kismayo's political deliberation. That is what many hopped for. But like you said this entity has no authority on many places of the country, and unfortunately it appears to have worked very hard to lose its symbolic authority in Kismayo.

ps. centralism argument you are presenting is premature. Somalia have reached a political settlement based on a federal framework. It is up to the government to move forward with it, or be regressive about the whole thing like you are doing here.

The Zack   

Xiin,

Xasan USC is doing exactly what i would do if i was at his position, i would never let the H block have 2 states and non for the D. :) Madaxweynuhu waa saxan yahay :) lets be fair if and when the federal works, the H clan will have nothing left. Shabeelaha Dhexe, Hiiraan and parts of Galgaduud Mudug? Xamar will be shared or wont remain capital. The president should do everything in his capacity to destroy the federalism.

Raamsade/Abwaan/Mastiar2012

I have a deal here, We will abolish the federal system but we will move the Capital City to be either in Garowe or Garboharey. Would you agree to that akhyaarey.

Ducaysane;921682 wrote:
Raamsade/Abwaan/Mastiar2012

I have a deal here, We will abolish the federal system but we will move the Capital City to be either in Garowe or Garboharey. Would you agree to that akhyaarey.

Neither of them has a say about that matter waa arin aniga ii khuseysa kaliya, gacmo furan baan ku so dhaweyneena go'aankaas. Tolka,diinta iyo Wadanka the holy trinity

The Zack;921675 wrote:
Xiin,

Xasan USC is doing exactly what i would do if i was at his position, i would never let the H block have 2 states and non for the D.
:)
Madaxweynuhu waa saxan yahay
:)
lets be fair if and when the federal works, the H clan will have nothing left. Shabeelaha Dhexe, Hiiraan and parts of Galgaduud Mudug? Xamar will be shared or wont remain capital. The president should do everything in his capacity to destroy the federalism.

Is this the leaked HAG memo to the president?:D