Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somalis Being Tortured

uchi   

Who are they and why are they getting whipped?, perhaps you can enlighten us a bit more? Just posting it for the puprose of dehumanizing a whole people is not a good thing Che, you should know better brother.

uchi;920863 wrote:
Who are they and why are they getting whipped?, perhaps you can enlighten us a bit more? Just posting it for the puprose of dehumanizing a whole people is not a good thing Che, you should know better brother.

Does matter why and who? Under what circumstances that can their actions be JUSTIFIED?

I didn't post the video to demonize anyone or have control over how people react?

They traveled thousands of kilometers to be tortured like that ? but how do we know that , if they are Somalis in the first place ?

They can be criminals caught doing wrong things. Perhaps ex soldiers hired by Khadafi

by the way, Somalis do bigger things than these to themselves why is it any different ? One can be put to death in somalia for very simple

things .

^Why do I get the feeling if it was Americans that were torturing these men, you would have been outraged.

Because Somalis did it, that somehow justify what the torturers are doing, some logic.

Jacpher   

^Sxb you are missing the point. The Arabs of this world or the Arab culture isn't responsible for the crime just like you as an American aren't responsible for the tortures took place in Abu-ghraibe or Gitmo. You can't pick and choose and play the moral card. AS of which you support have done much much horrible crimes than beating up a man with a stick. Get real sxb.

No one is excusing the torture here but bashing the Arabs or their culture isn't also gonna fix the problem. No one has yet to provide a full account of what's taking place in the video.

^Are you kidding me? Of course, Americans are responsible for what happen in Abu Ghariab. It's their army, their leaders, and the support of every average' 'patriot'on the street. The whole country supported the war. Don't make excuses. N of course, the Arab culture plays its party in shaping how these people behave! N whatever AS did, they are responsible.

You sound like German!

N are you really making an excuse for what those torturers are doing?

somalee   

I don't understand why a member's first reaction after watching this clip would be to start defending Arabs. It's not a natural, sensible reaction from a real Somali. Regardless of how you would love to portray yourself here in the forums. How can anyone, after watching this clip, come to the conclusion that somehow this is a conspiracy to dehumanize Arabs? How can THAT be a first reaction from a Somali?

SMH!

Wadani   

somalee;920877 wrote:
I don't understand why a member's first reaction after watching this clip would be to start defending Arabs. It's not a natural, sensible reaction from a real Somali. Regardless of how you would love to portray yourself here in the forums. How can anyone, after watching this clip, come to the conclusion that somehow this is a conspiracy to dehumanize Arabs? How can THAT be a first reaction from a Somali?

SMH!

+10000

Jacpher   

Every American is responsible for all that their government does in their name. Every Somali on the planet is also responsible for their all that Al Shabaab does. Every Kenyan is responsible for all those Somalis murdered in Islii. And yes in this regard, every Arab on earth is responsible for this torture in the clip.

There you have it. What a little nice logic :D

Jacpher   

somalee;920877 wrote:

SMH!

If you were to remain objective, rational and impartial, then you need NOT bring your own bias and personal feelings and emotions. Stop projecting your biased views about Arabs and see for what it is; a crime, a torture. If this criminal were a blackman dressed in suit, it matters not his race or dress. The race of the criminal shouldn't matter how you should react, unless you're projecting your own hidden bias against that particular race. What difference does their race make? Al Shabaab or Kenyan or Arab man torturing an innocent man? Isn't a crime a crime?

By the way, no one is suggesting this is OK or justified. Torture is simply a torture regardless, no excuses at all. Stop insinuating it's OK for Arab to torture a Somali. That's not the argument. You guys are merely convicting the race of the man not the actual crime. Che is saying the Arab culture is guilty of torture, not the man. :D

LOL@Jacpher....it actually took you this long to condemn what you see in the video.

Are you saying individual behavior can not be partially attributed to one's culture?

AS is Somali product!

Thank you Somalee! One would think the human thing to do is condemn such heinous not defend the perpetrators.

Jacpher   

^Sxb you're wrong. I did condemn it in my very first post here but ended up getting deleted. If you want to gear the conversation to that direction and assume I am supporting this; you know that's not the case. No one is defending these animals. All people are telling you is, you're wrong to claim Arabs are in cohorts with these animals. By the way, do you even know the story behind the clip?

Just two days ago, I received a sad news of a young man passing away after few day in comma in a hospital in Nairobi. He was severely beaten up by a gang. No one knows what for or who they were. Rumor has it was Somali gang. So we can point fingers at others but we do have much worst people among us.

^Again, you are saying you condemn this and then go on to make false comparisons which is just another way of justifying it. You either condemn it unreservedly and not link it to what others do or simply don't condemn it!

It's like comparing a rapist to another rapist as if somehow the action of one rapist is qualified by what another rapist might have done somewhere else.