Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Somali and Nomad discriminatory and politically incorrect?

Thats still very low but still my theory is still correct , that they carry all different haplogroups. Maybe we should do a nation wide test in Somaliland Somalia Djibouti and the Somali galbeed and NFD region that we have exact statistics.

Miyir   

Somalis

n stands number of people tested.

n A B E1a E1b1a E1b1b E2 J R1b T

201 0.5 1.0 0 1.5 81.1 0.5 3.0 R1a=1 10.4 Sanchez2005

Somalis have hightest E1b1b = 81.1

and the lowest arab YDNA J= 3.0 in this study.

SomaliPhilosopher;924551 wrote:
No test whatsoever should be conducted. We share the same language, culture, religion for the most part. We do not need to differentiate ourselves with these irrelevant genetic test

Well thats the way we could know the true ancestry of the Somalis, i believe Somali is a very wide identity like the Arabs, who are all associated as Arabs , but many are assyrians jews berbers armenians canaanite phoenics ancient Egyptians with the Muslim conquest many became just Arabs so it became a wide identity. similar with the rise of Islam in the Somali peninsula lots of assimilation bantu gallas arabs persians afars gurage harari indians and other groups. Remember imam Ahmed guray conquest how he united the Somalis and other Muslim groups in Ethiopia and Somaliland. I think little before that that's when the process began.

Wadani   

Xaaji Xunjuf;924542. But these tests were not all done by Somalis, the Qabil theory is correct though some share the entire same sub clan while belonging to the same clan not sub clan very interesting

What do u mean here?

Wadani for instance me and you would belong to the same haplogroup , but because we are from the same tribe than later the later the same subclan we could also share the same sub clade sub clade because we share the same genealogy paternally, which is fascinating that the qabil theory is correct i have seen it before.

Haatu   

Xaaji Xunjuf;924539 wrote:
I think among Somalis 7% carry the J1 or j2 haplogroup just reading the statistics and about 35% carries the T haplogroup high frequency among Somalilanders parts of the Somali galbeed region and Djibouti and other parts of southern Somalia and than the last portion carries the E1b1b1a about 42% of the Somalis carries that haplogroup, and about 16%carries E1b1a, high frequency among the Bantu Somalis and Boraama oromos assimilated into the Somali groups. So Somalis are not entirely homogeneous, when it comes to tracing back our ancestries. This is what i think before the rise of islam in the horn, we were different people but Islam really united Somalis , while they were different yet islam united the Somalis by culture religion and they slowly developed their own traditions and language.

look at this guy. No somalis are not homogeneous.

Haatu   

Xaaji Xunjuf;924556 wrote:
Well thats the way we could know the true ancestry of the Somalis, i believe Somali is a very wide identity like the Arabs, who are all associated as Arabs , but many are assyrians jews berbers armenians canaanite phoenics ancient Egyptians with the Muslim conquest many became just Arabs so it became a wide identity. similar with the rise of Islam in the Somali peninsula lots of assimilation bantu gallas arabs persians afars gurage harari indians and other groups. Remember imam Ahmed guray conquest how he united the Somalis and other Muslim groups in Ethiopia and Somaliland. I think little before that that's when the process began.

So now we're a mixture of all our neighbour groups? Pathetic baad tahey. All this because you refuse to accept that we're not from Arabs.

We are not Arabs even if we have 2% of Arabs in our blood, but since we don't know the Arab DNA its self we are not Arabs, tracing ancestry to an Arab fore father doesn't make you an Arab, if the good old sheikh who lived 1000 years ago was an Arab, doesn't make me an Arab today. My people their mother tongue is not Arabic , they customs although heavily influenced by Arabs its still not Arab, our folkore dances are not Arabic although the seylici dance is mix of the 2 . Do you see where i am coming from. why are people fixated about arabs,nothing special about these folks. Haatu if Somalis were homogeneous as you claim why do they carry different haplogroups and genetics. Somalis are homogeneous in one aspect since they developed a common identity with the rise of islam in the Somali peninsula, but they are not entirely homogeneous when it comes to ancestry only linguistic and and religiously. Since Somali genetics proves that some carry the T1 T2 , some carry the E1B1C some carry the E1b1a, why are you refusing that there are some gallas who were adopted in the Somali ethnic group, genetics proves that , there are even afars and arabs , and Persian in the Somali wide ethnic group all proven by genetics.

Raamsade   

Al Xaaji Xunjuf reminds of me of that creature from Greek Mythology named Procrustes who lured unwitting travellers into his "fits all sizes" bed. Once in his bed, the victims would either be stretched or shortened so as to fit them in the bed. Hence, where we get the concept of Procrustean Argument which is the kind of fallacious argument where someone tries to conform the evidence to a priori position.

Like Procrustes, Xunjuf tries to fit genetic and linguistic data delineating the origin of Somalis into his preconceived notions of Somali origins. Even when the evidence clearly points to African origin, Xunjuf dismisses it with the risible argument that there are no "Somali" haplogroup or Arab haplogroup which is no sense. There are haplogroups that are prevalent among Somalis just as there are among Saudis. Of course, this willful garbling of the data is blatant attempt by Al Xaaji Xunjuf to ignore the inescapable truth: ethnic Somalis are indigenous to N. East Africa and are of common ancestry.

Did anyone here get tested? According to 23andMe my paternal haplogroup is E1b1b1a1b while my Maternal haplogroup belongs to the L3a2a2 branch.

Raamsade you have no clue what you are talking about the Somali ancestry doesn't come from one place but several places and ofcourse some indigenous to the Somalia some go beyond Somalia.The notion of using the African origin its self is very flawed what is an African origin you sound like those African Americans who think Africa is a country or a city state, the sub clades and different haplogroups proves that the so called ethnic Somalis come from different origins but some how with the rise of islam they assimilated and formed one identity, because they were the few only Muslims in the Horn, the Somali identity is very wide open for every one can be a Somali, you speak Somali you can be a Somali, yet you can come from north Sudan south Sudan or Ethiopia, Kenya it doesn't matter these are not my opinions these are genetics speaking for themselves.

Miyir   

Xaaji Xunjuf;925000 wrote:
Raamsade you have no clue what you are talking about the Somali ancestry doesn't come from one place but several places and ofcourse some indigenous to the Somalia some go beyond Somalia.The notion of using the African origin its self is very flawed what is an African origin you sound like those African Americans who think Africa is a country or a city state, the sub clades and different haplogroups proves that the so called ethnic Somalis come from different origins but some how with the rise of islam they assimilated and formed one identity, because they were the few only Muslims in the Horn, the Somali identity is very wide open for every one can be a Somali, you speak Somali you can be a Somali, yet you can come from north Sudan south Sudan or Ethiopia, Kenya it doesn't matter these are not my opinions these are genetics speaking for themselves.

this is your opinion