Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Sheng Nu: A New Age Category for Nuune!

Over 27? Unmarried? Female? In China, you could be labelled a "leftover woman" by the state.

.........Huang is a confident, personable young woman with a good salary, her own apartment, an MA from one of China's top universities, and a wealth of friends.

Still, she knows that these days, single, urban, educated women like her in China are called "sheng nu" or "leftover women" - and it stings.

........"Ever since 2007, the state media have aggressively disseminated this term in surveys, and news reports, and columns, and cartoons and pictures, basically stigmatising educated women over the age of 27 or 30 who are still single,"

.............The proportion of unmarried men that age is higher - over a third. But that doesn't mean they will easily match up, since Chinese men tend to "marry down", both in terms of age and educational attainment.

"There is an opinion that A-quality guys will find B-quality women, B-quality guys will find C-quality women, and C-quality men will find D-quality women," says Huang Yuanyuan. "The people left are A-quality women and D-quality men. So if you are a leftover woman, you are A-quality." :D :D

......................But it's the "A-quality" of intelligent and educated women that the government most wants to procreate, according to Leta Hong-Fincher. She cites a statement on population put out by the State Council - China's cabinet - in 2007.

"It said China faced unprecedented population pressures, and that the overall quality of the population is too low, so the country has to upgrade the quality of the population." :D

FUNNY ARTICLE - Read the rest here

nuune   

Boojaal aan ahayee i badbaadi = ages between 15-17 yr olds

Waan bislaadee i cun = ages between 18-25 yr olds

Waan bakhtiyee i jiid = ages between 26-32 yr olds

Waan holcayee i dami = 33-38 ys olds

Waan kala daatayee i tuur = 39-42 yr olds

Nothing new yaa Sayidka, It is all there in the books, sxb, though my category list is usually long, but I have squeezed it to make them look like xeyn ari ah now, just for those reading it.

Blessed   

Sheng Nu sounds like noodle soup but is much better than Nuunes "waan bakhtiyay" malarky. In terms of women who want careers, I think it's "ideal" to get married 25/ 26 plus by then you'd have established yourself firmly in your career and are still young enough to not worry about ticking clocks and stuff. Offf course the best time to get married is when you find a decent man/ woman that you can live and build dreams with....

nuune;920300 wrote:
Boojaal aan ahayee i badbaadi = ages between 15-17 yr olds

Waan bislaadee i cun = ages between 18-25 yr olds

Waan bakhtiyee i jiid = ages between
26-32 yr olds

Waan holcayee i dami = 33-38 ys olds

Waan kala daatayee i tuur = 39-42 yr olds

Nothing new yaa
Sayidka
, It is all there in the books, sxb, though my category list is usually long, but I have squeezed it to make them look like xeyn ari ah now, just for those reading it.

:D :D

Yaa Nuune, waxaagu waa da'naceyb (ageism), not to mention misogynous - either that or this is a clever ploy similar to Ngonge's mad women theory and you want all the 'dhamaystiran' girls to be left to you and Che. :D

If not the later - then waa in aad ragana categories u samaysid :D

BTW - The Sheng Nu category is lost on you since is not so much about about age - but rather education, quality and independence of woman. - Read the bit about 'marrying down' :D

Blessed - the best time to get married is when young (<20s) as per the advice of our prophet (SAW). I would only add that young people who get married young not to have children at least minimum for the first five years.

nuune   

Sayidka, this is where we differ, I don't categorize women in terrms of education or quality, but rather age, sxb, age is important, even the one's with education and quality are in my list since they happen to be women, we are talking about women and not womenedu or womenequ.

Dhameystiran and curdun or kuwa xiiran is what Che and myself are after asset.php?fid=14&uid=3017&d=1313069411

As Blessed said, best time for a women to get marry is when she is 20 years old

^^Ka daro dibi dhal :D

Bal maxaa isu keenay gabadh dhamaystiran iyo mid curdun iyo mid kalo xiiran - aan ka ahayn gabadhnimo??

Adiga iyo Che - category maleedihiin? Hadday tahay maya - mid baa la idin yeeli :D

nuune   

I did't say kala xiran sxb, but xiiran as in xiiran, gabadh kala xiran can be in any category as long ay qumaati u soo labistaan, ther were few categories I left but willing to share one with you, 43-46 yr olds waa ambulance ha loo waco sheekada,

Nimanku category wey leeyihiin weyna lahaan karaan waana loo yeeli karaa, it all depends the womenfolk to come up, though the last time they come up something for men was Juus Gareyn more than 10 years ago, don't know how much this revolutionised, but I am hoping there are some women who practise this mode of experiement,i haven't folowed up this but if I might track I will say I will find a lot who are using.

NGONGE   

What are the Chinese up to here? I thought they were into family planning and stopping the endless increase in their population. Surely they should be championing these women!

LOOOOOOOL@juus gareen topic :D :D

thats an all different topic alltogether.

War 'kala xiran' ma qorin - dib u eeg waxaan qoray. Waxaan u malaynayaa in aad fahmin waxaan ka wado 'dhamaystiran'.

NGONGE;920321 wrote:
What are the Chinese up to here? I thought they were into family planning and stopping the endless increase in their population. Surely they should be championing these women!

Wax ka daran bay ka baqayaan - namely - ashax xumada reer yurub in aay ku soo fikato.

Something about the side effects of selective abortion - in the preference for boys over girls.

nuune   

Sayid, isku meel unbaan wax u wadnaa ee dhibka jira waxaa weeye, adoo shig-shigaya iyo anoo shurbeysi iskaga dhax jira ayaa waxaan dooneynaa inaan wax is fahansiino, gabadhaa Chineeseka ah eed ka dhawaajisey(not in action wise) ayaanba la yaabanahey, I will rather choose the Japaneese one, forgot their name, maxaa la oran jirey naagah Japaneeseka ee dharka hidaha iyo dhaqanka xirta ee lugaha qalqalloociya jidadka dhaxdooda,

hadaad dooneyso inaan dhameystiran sharxo waxa aan ka yaabi inaad hablaha SOL ay igu soo xuumaan sidii xuunka, marka ha isku kaaya dirin hablaheena SOL ee wanaagsan.

dhameystiran hadii la yiri maxaad kaloo rabtaa, malaa'ig ayeyba u egtahey as if malaaig ay dumar leedahay, laakin wey qurux badneyd queen sheba, anqawgeeda kolkey marada saas uga feyday hadaad xasuusato caadi ma aheyn