Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

SOMALI SHEDDY - i find it offensive and disgusting, how do you find it?

Hibo   

This is what someone forwarded to my e-mail and i was so annoyed by it. I thought i should let my fellow Nomads to judge it too.

-----------------------------------------

To: Munira Mohamed Omar , Najya Moh'd , Sabrina Salim , Umi Amran , Hussein Abdulatif , Mercy Wachera Wainain , Ali Abubakar Salim , Fatmah Farhiyah Hassan

Subject: SOMALIS SHEDDY ...

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:08:38 +0100 (BST)

WHO IS NO SOMALI

If your watch comes all the way down to your elbow.> If the only way you can memorize is by getting 10> lashes to the body.> If your teeth describe the part of somalia you're> from.(i.e, stained> teeth-hargeesa, no teeth-baadioo).> If the computer you're now reading this on, is NOT> yours.> If you can't have a meal with-out a Banana.> If Belts, hangers, and telephone wires traumatize> you.> If you see your-self on CNN, CBS, and BBC.> If you completely know the song, "WE ARE THE> WORLD.".> [for guys] If you have more scars on your legs then> a vietnam war vet.> If you re-use cooking oil.> If you place your gum in the fridge for later> use.(don't front, I know ya'll> do it)> If you chew ice when your hungry.> [for parents] If your son can't write a complete> sentance but can nail a> jump shot.> [for parents] If your daughter can't do her hair,> but can do Barbies hair.> If you spit when you talk.> If the batteries on your remote control are held> together by a peice of> tape.> If you think freezing bateries recharges it.> If you've ever dropped food and kissed it up to> Allah before you ate it.> [for parents]If you talk loud on the phone just> because it's long distance.> If you eat coughdrops like they're candy.> If you go to a wedding just for the free biriis.> [for niggaz] If you go to a Ruwyaad just to bum> smokes of other niggaz.> [for parents] If you chew your baby's food, then> feed it to them.> [for parents] If your kids go to school smelling> like rice and Bananas with> a little bitof Goat milk..> [for parents] If you pinch your baby's nose so he> wont have a> Jaa-maay-caan nose.> If you iron dirty clothes.> If you can't put your hands on your head cause it's> bad luck...> If you're mama whipped you and your friends ass.> If you add water to soap to stretch it.> [for parents] If you put your kids to sleep with> NyQuil.> [for guys] If you win at dodge ball cause of> constant ducking of flying> objects thown by hooyo.(i.e, Vaselien botles, cups,> plates, remotecontroles)> [For femals] If you really think uunsii kills B.O.> [For females] If you actually think you're worth> more then a camel.(yeah> right).> If you brush your teeth with a tree branch claming> it has vitamens.> If you think every teacher is racist.> If you blow your nose in the middle of the> street.... With your hands.> If you contributed to this list.> And Finally,you know you're somali if you even> cracked a smile, let alone> laughed at any of these jokes... lol..>> 1-love 2 ma somali peeps... Got luv 4 ya'll> regardless of your many flaws...> That's what make you distinct. And it's that very> distinction that is the> cause of our social casualties... That very> distinction that led to the> down-fall of Somalia.. Come to think to think of it,> YOU REALLY ARE A WHACK> PEOPLE...>>

Ahmed Salim

[This message has been edited by JamaaL-11 (edited 05-02-2002).]

Sniper   

i found it the same...though it is true.....but they cant say they're not somalis or deny them their dignity...

------------------

sniper.jpg

Honestly some of it was funny and some were offensive. For the most part i laughed and i'm sure the person who wrote didn't mean to be rude.

Comedians always make fun of other cultures and it's a way of being funny.

Hibo   

cwm2.gif OMG - Most of it is really true

If you place your gum in the fridge for later ---> lool Actually I've seen pple who stick it on their earlope for overnight.

You talk loud on the phone because it's long distance -------> loool

Hibo   

looooooool that made me lol too, but walahi the spit as we talk is so true.

Still i am angry at the person who bursted our shameful flaws lol

Hibo   

offensive yes but soem things are painfull true in there too like if you go to other people weddins just for the beeris thats what all the boys I know did at my friends wedding and they admitted it cwm2.gif

ARAWEELO   

I did not laugh at all cause most of them are not exclusive for Somali's and Not all Somali's do any of those things wallahi, at least the ones I associate with. cwm41.gif

The majority of these so called (flaws) are not just exclusive to Somali people...they are common amongst many cultures/nations...and that pretty much invalidates the writer's argument that these harmless non-relevant miss-queues are the reason for the current state of Somalia. I would like for him to answer how “ironing dirty clothes” can in anyway result in the collapse of a government

Other than that, I find to be funny as heck lol….

wizride.gif

Hibo   

hey mataan my date of birth is january the first! whats that supposed to mean? cwm6.gif

Hibo   

Same as me Cutie. when i first came to the UK, i pretended not to speak a single word of English and so the immigration workers fixed me this date lol. These days the Home-office database about Somalis is messed up coz You got 11 somalis who are like:

Name Surname

Mohamed Ali

Date of birth: 1st of January 1978

Place of birth :: Mogadishu

Eyes : Black

Hair : all over

Body built : all skinny

lol Something like that and the database got confused who is who. Thats a nomad factor i guess

[This message has been edited by JamaaL-11 (edited 05-07-2002).]

Hibo   

If only you guys knew what other communities do, the Indians spite worser than Somalis and they too have this things they eat that stink amile away ..... There is asaying that goes like this "A monkey doesnt see its ass but laughs at other monkeys asses" now the point Im tying to make is if someone goes this length to underrate themselves wait till they look in the mirror and the reflection that strikes them would be non other than the son of the old man who keeps his dentures in the fridge. Dont say silly things about yourselves for its only who will look stupid in the eyes of the other monkeys smile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

There is no Sin Greater Than Ignorance

R.Kipling

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

(il),-`` (li),` ((!.-` S-h-a-q-ss-ii

JamaL-11   

KENYA INDIANS

An Indian standing on one leg is called

Balan Singh (balancing)