Sign in to follow this  
metta

Support your local Somali restaurant: Number 1

metta   

It's disheartening seeing Somalis not support their own fellow countrymen and instead going out to eat at other restaurants or buying their things from other people. Yes, there's no problem going out to eat at a Thai or Lebanese place but it wouldn't hurt you to at least spend half of your money you spend on restaurants at a Somali one. For a billion and a half people, the Chinese still support their own no matter what. I don't remember the last time I saw a Chinese person at one of the larger national supermarkets. They go to their own Asian supermarkets like T&T. They buy Asian cars (I have yet to see an Asian driving an American-company car). They very rarely have any business interactions with non-Chinese or non-Asians. And this is even the case with the Chinese dhaqan-celis kids. I've read somewhere on average, each dollar circulates the Chinese community at least 8 times before it leaves the local Chinese economy.

Any who, once a month, I will be featuring a Somali restaurant some where in the world. If you live in the city I post, I urge you to support your local Somali restaurant :cool:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banadir Somali Restaurant

137 W Arbor Vitae

Unit C

Inglewood, California

(25 minutes from downtown Los Angeles)

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

metta   

No one can get tired of Somali food. It's delicious. I am sure you can support a Somali restaurant 50% of the time.

I would go as far as only hiring Somali lawyers, eating at Somali places 100% of the time (which is what I have done for the past month now), buying only from Somalis (products and services). You know, copying the Chinese. But Somalis are lacking in businesses. But I still think you can end up only relying on Somali businesses if you were motivated enough. If you live in Toronto, London, Minneapolis, Ottawa, Columbus, Birmingham and the other cities with large Somali populations with many businesses, this is very do-able. A part from cable TV, rent/mortgage, phone line, utilities, insurance, etc etc, it's manageable.

Haatu   

metta;919184 wrote:
No one can get tired of Somali food. It's delicious. I am sure you can support a Somali restaurant 50% of the time.

I would go as far as only hiring Somali lawyers, eating at Somali places 100% of the time (which is what I have done for the past month now), buying only from Somalis (products and services). You know, copying the Chinese. But Somalis are lacking in businesses. But I still think you can end up only relying on Somali businesses if you were motivated enough. If you live in Toronto, London, Minneapolis, Ottawa, Columbus, Birmingham and the other cities with large Somali populations with many businesses, this is very do-able. A part from cable TV, rent/mortgage, phone line, utilities, insurance, etc etc, it's manageable.

Or you could resettle back in the Somali lands where your help will be really useful.

Haatu   

look at this guy trying to sugarcoat promoting his restaurant and shop as "supporting fellow Somalis" :D The recession hasn't been kind to you has it sxb :D

metta   

Somalis have got to be the most xasiid people on Earth wallahi. :)

I don't live anywhere near California. How is this my restaurant? :cool:

I am not even sure there are more than 5 Somali families in Inglewood. I am sure not 1 Somali will end up going to this particular restaurant after looking at this post. I am trying to spread a message here. The message of: supporting Somalis first where ever you are :P

Even if it was my restaurant and I was advertising it, so what lol nothing wrong with advertising.

Haatu   

Your perseverance is admirable. I'll visit your restaurant if I'm ever in the vicinity. Only the Lord knows how much you must need customers for you to come on SOL :D

metta   

lol @ perseverance.

By next February, I would have posted 11 other Somali businesses worldwide. Will you claim that all those businesses are mine too? From Atlanta, to Amsterdam to Adelaide to Addis Ababa? :P

Haatu   

metta;919222 wrote:
lol @ perseverance.

By next February, I would have posted 11 other Somali businesses worldwide. Will you claim that all those businesses are mine too? From Atlanta, to Amsterdam to Adelaide to Addis Ababa?
:P

Yes because you give an exact figure of 11 businesses and a tame frame for doing so as well. Considering that you could easily post a 100 Somali businesses simply from the internet within half an hour I find what you said suspicious :D At least I can rest assured your house won't be taken by the bankers considering you rapid expansions internationally :D

metta   

Any who, once a month, I will be featuring a Somali restaurant some where in the world. If you live in the city I post, I urge you to support your local Somali restaurant

I wrote this in the beginning of my post :D

The once a month plan is due to not flooding this forum. I am a respectful contributor :eek:

Crazy Somalians ;)