Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Somalia opposes Sh870m funding for Kenya navy

Apophis;918612 wrote:
Maybe you should read the story you have been posted. Wasn't Kenya's navy crucial in the capture of Kismayo? Should they not be (re)funded for this?

But Somalia's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Fawzia Y. H. Adam told the council that there is "not a compelling reason to take the campaign against al-Shabaab to sea."

Haatu   

Heh @the secessionist worm and the cuqdad-filled buglander :D

Kenya just simply wants to steal Somali's seas. After the bogus MoU was nullified, then tried to steal the seas using the Roadmap. C/weli was smart enough to remove that clause from the roadmap and what we sea today is just another attempt by them to get their hands on those waters. Kudos to Marwo Fawsiyo for her historic stand.

Jacpher   

Apophis;918595 wrote:
Kenya is no different than the other Amisom members and all its cost, in in relation to its heroic fight against the long beards, should be refunded just like Uganda. Its not like it's asking us to foot the bill, it wants the UN to pay so why the dickmove?

If Kenya is no different than other Amison countries why is trying so hard over and over to get control of Somali coast line? Has Uganda or Burundi tried to steal the coastline of Banaadir when they were clearing the streets of Muqdisho? Why is Kenya so adamant in getting this so they can clear the AS? Sxb if Jubbaland initiative dies off because the government stops Kenya undermining our sovereignty, so be it. The country comes first before the needs of one of its states/city. You can't give up on the country only to save a state.

Jacpher;918636 wrote:
If Kenya is no different than other Amison countries why is trying so hard over and over to get control of Somali coast line? Has Uganda or Burundi tried to steal the coastline of Banaadir when they were clearing the streets of Muqdisho? Why is Kenya so adamant in getting this so they can clear the AS? Sxb if Jubbaland initiative dies off because the government stops Kenya undermining our sovereignty, so be it. The country comes first before the needs of one of its states/city. You can't give up on the country only to save a state.

+1000. Jacpher rageedi

Jacpher   

^So you agree Kenya is different than other Amison countries in seeking a control of Somali coastline :D

Sxb that is just bogus argument and you know it. Kenya did capture Kismaayo without having control of the coastline it shares with Somalia. AS is much weaker now and I see no value for Kenya to take control of the sea in paper and their fight against AS. All IGAD countries assisted Somalia without asking it to give up its sovereignty to sea or airspace. Why is Kenya doing so? All the 'logistical' and 'other operational' things you are talking about Kenya has it right now. It's got a large land and sea border with Somalia and who controls what goes on now on those borders? Kenya does. Why does it need to get in paper when it already does have those logistical and operational borders under control?

And about the second point, I wrote "Jubbaland initiative" not the city/state or region. If that initiative puts the interest of the country before that of the country, than yes it can die a horrible death. The interest of Jubbaland should be the best interest of the country, not the other way around.

The best interest of Somalia and Jubbaland is to create a viable Somali marine force that does the work, not sign it off to a neighboring country.

Somalia   

This hasn't got anything to do with Jubbaland initiative, these are Somali waters they want to patrol. If they control the land, why do they need to control the sea, as if Al-Shabaab will land on a coast controlled by them. If they wanted to stop arms flow, they would patrol anything along the northern coast so the motive is clear. I think it was a wise move to oppose the funding.

Haatu   

Apophis;918681 wrote:
You seem paranoid, like most Somalis. You're confusing the minor sea boundary issue between the republics and Kenya's legitimate expenses vis a vis it's navy. If you want to hate something,
hate Ethiopia; the true enemy.

While your masters steal the oil behind our backs.

Mayaani   

Jacpher;918652 wrote:
^So you agree Kenya is different than other Amison countries in seeking a control of Somali coastline
:D

Sxb that is just bogus argument and you know it. Kenya did capture Kismaayo without having control of the coastline it shares with Somalia. AS is much weaker now and I see no value for Kenya to take control of the sea in paper and their fight against AS. All IGAD countries assisted Somalia without asking it to give up its sovereignty to sea or airspace. Why is Kenya doing so? All the 'logistical' and 'other operational' things you are talking about Kenya has it right now. It's got a large land and sea border with Somalia and who controls what goes on now on those borders? Kenya does. Why does it need to get in paper when it already does have those logistical and operational borders under control?

And about the second point, I wrote "
Jubbaland initiative
" not the city/state or region. If that initiative puts the interest of the country before that of the country, than yes it can die a horrible death. The interest of Jubbaland should be the best interest of the country, not the other way around.

The best interest of Somalia and Jubbaland is to create a viable Somali marine force that does the work, not sign it off to a neighboring country.

Excellent point Jacpher, Somalia sovereignty should our inspiration not a clan dreamland. Most us missing fact we miserable fail to understand nothing in our hand this time but we still talking nonsense who owns that city or region.

Jacpher;918652 wrote:
^So you agree Kenya is different than other Amison countries in seeking a control of Somali coastline

And about the second point, I wrote "
Jubbaland initiative
" not the city/state or region. If that initiative puts the interest of the country before that of the country, than yes it can die a horrible death. The interest of Jubbaland should be the best interest of the country, not the other way around.

Bravo well put

RedSea   

I am glad the FG saw right through Kenyan attempt to control Southern Somali coast. There are no Pirates off that coast

and AS is not capable of Operating in the Sea. They are after Somali resources.

Haatu;918623 wrote:
Heh @the secessionist worm and the cuqdad-filled buglander

Kenya just simply wants to steal Somali's seas. After the bogus MoU was nullified, then tried to steal the seas using the Roadmap. C/weli was smart enough to remove that clause from the roadmap and what we sea today is just another attempt by them to get their hands on those waters. Kudos to Marwo Fawsiyo for her historic stand.

abti I thought you were a mark-a-bull; what's this about a usc kenya clan i've never heard of? ;)

Haatu   

QansaxMeygaag;918714 wrote:
abti I thought you were a mark-a-bull; what's this about a usc kenya clan i've never heard of?
;)

Don't pay attention to them and their malicious lies. The secessionist worm harbours a grudge against me after I publicly ridiculed and humiliated him. The crazy cousin is just that, crazy.

You don't know the USC of Kenya? Think Wagalla. Yes, they're Oba's lot, crazy I know. I used to think they weren't even Somali when I was young :D

galbeedi   

apophis if kenya want to build it's navy that is their job , but not on our own waters. their are hundreds of multinational

ships patrolling the sea lanes to fight piracy and weapon smuggling with their own resources. If you keep defending

Kenya they way you are they will be unmanageable in a few yours. don't give the shop in order to be the governor of

Jubba. besides the al-shabaab never controlled the sea lanes. be reasonable .

nuune   

Good move, no to intruders of Somali Resources!

Somalia can manage its coast soon when they receive donated patrol vessels from its friends(Turkey & Tuvalu)

Wadama badan ayaa ka xanaaqey ama ka xumaadey Somalia getting its Sovereignty recently in full force, now the Kenyan are dissapointed because the $10 million funds they were planning to receive from the UN to go into Somali waters are now thrown into the waters!

Hear Uganda soon requesting the same, and Rwanda, as well as Burundi, and Ethiopia saying the same(none of the mentioned got any navy, except Ethiopia for having a footbal pitch size swimming pool to train Puntland maritime soldiers(it was in the news!!)), that is enough for us to protect our seas.

Miyir   

Apophis;918641 wrote:
Uganda and Burundi are both landlocked countries and do not posses a navy and thus they cannot deploy what they do not have. Kenya has a navy and has used it to great effect in Kismayo and needs it for logistical and other operational reasons. And your second point is nonsensical. There is no country without the regional states meaning they come before the country. They make the country not the other way round.

precedent bro kenya claims big chunk of somalia waters sax? building and funding kenyan navy to petrol our waters is non starter regardless of alharam danger.

This was very good call for Somalia government to oppose kenyan incursion to Somalia waters regardless of their intention when considered the recent Kenyan ambition.