Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Xasuuq 1991

Jacpher   

We all have horrible memories of those dark years of the civil war and Somalia wil not get the opportunity to correct itself as long as the perpetrators are given an immunity from prosecusion. What is the point of talking if people still provide safe heaven to the criminals in their backyard. Let alone those warlord enjoying their cup of teas, you can't even air what the dead warlords did. :D

Raamsade   

^Yaa akhi, history didn't start 1991 and didn't stop in 1991. And the sad events of early 1990s were natural and logical end-product of policies pursued by S. Barre regime and which was wholeheartedly and enthusiastically endorsed by large sections of these purported victims. Hatred begets hatred. Violence begets violence.

Saalax   

Raamsade;917544 wrote:
^Yaa akhi, history didn't start 1991 and didn't stop in 1991. And the sad events of early 1990s were natural and logical end-product of policies pursued by S. Barre regime and which was wholeheartedly and enthusiastically endorsed by large sections of these purported victims. Hatred begets hatred. Violence begets violence.

1+

Carafaat   

I think we should commemorate the past and its many tragedies and learn from it, to prevent history history, repeating itself.

P.S. Now turnover Morgan. :D

Wadani   

Raamsade;917544 wrote:

+1000. Selective statuses of victimhood in a country where all groups met face to face with death and destruction are a step in the wrong direction. D-block, USC clan, SNM clan, RRA clan, minority clans......name one that hasn't been massacred at one point or another? These people have the audacity to talk about xasuuq in waqooyi galbeed after they had just burnt Hargaysa and Burco to the ground. Wallahi my grandmother almost dug a grave for me somehwere in the haud as I became so sick and frail, as we escaped the daily arial bombardments, that she was sure I was gonna die. We had relatives, neighbours and friends blown to smithereens and the rest, including women and children, killed by firing squads. These ppl in the video are ****** beyond belief.

Jacpher   

Raamsade;917544 wrote:

In another words, the '91 xasuuq wasn't as bad as Barre regime and 'these purported victims' lost the war and that's all that matters. How dare they play the victim card when one of their own run the country for long twenty one years? Waan gartay.

Liibaan   

Raamsade;917544 wrote:
And the sad events of early 1990s were
natural and logical end-product of policies
pursued by S. Barre regime and which was wholeheartedly and enthusiastically endorsed by large sections of these
purported victims.
Hatred begets hatred. Violence begets violence.

There is no justification for killing innocent men, women, and children. Killing innocent people is never justified, it is haram to harm your fellow muslim/somali person because of the policies of political entities Somalia, Kacaan, USC,SNM/Somaliland, Puntland, ssc/Khaatumo, Galmudug, etc or individuals (Barre, Aydiid, Ali Mahdi, C/Yusuf, Egaal, Riyaale, Siilaanyo,Faroole, Shariif, Indho sheel, Karaash etc)

Hadii la diiday hishiis iyo midnimada Somalia, Insha Allah waxaan rajeenanaa in dadka Somaliyeed nabad kuwada noolaadaan ugu yaraan, rabina kala badbaadiyo amiiin.

Raamsade;917594 wrote:

We're just against this blatant demonization and attack on a whole Somali clan as "Pro-Regime' or "looters." Not only is this morally repugnant but it will make justice nigh impossible.

Tallaabo   

Raamsade;917544 wrote:

Yes clan hatred was the result of decades long policies and politics but nothing can justify the blind massacre of entire civilian communities.

Horta bal waa su'aale SOOMAALIYEEY xasuuqi mal HAL CID OOKALIYA ayuu saameeyay mise SOOMAALIYOO DHAN HABA LAKALA DARNAADEE? Jawaabtu waa MAYA.

Qolo qolka hoosta kaxiratay xasuuqi loogeeystay is xasuusiso xasuuqi dhinacooda geeystayna waxba kamajiraan kutilmaanto XAL MAKEENI KARAA? Jawaabtu waa Maya. Wixi intaas dheer waxaan u aqaan waqti dhumis.

Xasuuqi the dictator and his refugee clansmen[settlers] ugeeysteen shacabka HIIRAAN. Shacabki Soomaalinimo iyo Islaanimo usoo dhoweeyay. Many of my own relatives was murdered by this group of people.

Baladweeyne-1991. State sponsored ethnic cleansing.

Baladweeyne-2013. Largely peaceful and multicultural.

Beled%20weyne_2013.jpg

Daqane   

Wadani;917573 wrote:
+1000. Selective statuses of victimhood in a country where all groups met face to face with death and destruction are a step in the wrong direction. D-block, USC clan, SNM clan, RRA clan, minority clans......name one that hasn't been massacred at one point or another? These people have the audacity to talk about xasuuq in waqooyi galbeed after they had just burnt Hargaysa and Burco to the ground. Wallahi my grandmother almost dug a grave for me somehwere in the haud as I became so sick and frail, as we escaped the daily arial bombardments, that she was sure I was gonna die. We had relatives, neighbours and friends blown to smithereens and the rest, including women and children, killed by firing squads. These ppl in the video are ****** beyond belief.

+10000 caar dadka waxaan fahaansi, good luck with that...

"When the Barre regime was pushed back toward Mogadishu during 1989-1990, troops retaliated with a scorched earth policy, looting and assaulting local populations as they retreated. Belet Huen and surrounding areas along the Shebelle River were particularly hard hit by Barre's supporters. This left the region vulnerable to famine and food shortages by mid-1991, in contrast to the north-east of Somalia, which remained free of famine and most armed hostilities. Famine victims from Rahanwein flocked to Belet Huen where an international airlift relief operation was mounted. "

http://www.forces.gc.ca/somalia/vol1/v1c11e.htm