Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Xasuuq 1991

Coofle   

in 1991 while we were fleeing the terrible implosion of Mogadishu, militiamen apprehended my father and added him to the list of people to be executed because they thought he was from the Block due to his equivocal accent...fortunately one of the militiamen recognized him as being far from Block as possible - he was one of his former students - what a luck! .....Maalmo ayaa na soo maray.....I can't exactly say Ilaahay khayr ha siiyo for that man, because at the same time he was involved in the mass murder of many muslim somalis...

Meeshaas barigaa Xasuuq waa ka waynaa waxa ka dhacay....

Haatu   

Che -Guevara;917298 wrote:
lol, he dodged the bullet dheh

Many in my neighborhood weren't so lucky, I am surprised we made it out.

Bingo. I'm one step closer to "classifying" you ;)

Samafal   

That was our dark days. We need to find a way of telling the stories to remind the next generation of what we have been through without opening Pandora box. One way of going about is individualizing the victims and perpetrators rather than tribalising it, which might hard for us Somalis to do.

I sincerely believe Soomaaliya waxee la degi la'dahay too many innocent people's blood ayaa la daadiye, haba yaraatee aynan jirin wax ay galabsadeen.

Niyadeeda waxaanan marba ka baxeynin dadkii maatida ahayd aan waxba galabsan meydadkooda lasoo dhigi jiray barxadii weyneyd ee Tarbuunka every dawn weekend -- that is on early Friday mornings in 1991. Their only crime was belonging the wrong clan, totally innocent oo habeenadii guryahooda lagala soo bixi jiray. Labaatan iyo afar saac iska yaali jireen meydadoodkooda Tarbuunka, while public in general -- children, elders, women and men -- viewed as though inay meesha tahay exhibition.

Hal mar ayaan tagay, the curiosity of my boyhood getting better of me and the insistence of my ciyaal xaafad friend (interestingly whose own clan members are being massacred for belonging the wrong clan) -- oo aan soo fiiriye, shan ilaa lix qof oo midkood dumar tahay aan waxba galabsan ayaa la dilay habeenkaas. Orod ayaan guriga ugu soo noqday, anigoo qandho xun igu soo qabatay araga meydadkaas -- I only saw two victims and I had had enough, rushing to home, very upset and nauseous -- ilaa aroortii dambe wey i heysay. What I can also never forget was one of the "viewers" that day commented how dacaska cusub ay wadatay the female victim -- and nonchalantly, as though inuuba qofkaas rabay inuu ka baxsado dacaskaas as it happened before, because some of the victims kabahooda laga siiban jiray haddee fiicanyihiin.

Eebbe ayaan ugu baryayaa intii Soomaaliyeed aan waxba galabsan lagu xasuuqay dagaaladaan dheeraa ee sookeeye in uu janadiisa fardowso ka waraabiyo -- aamiin.

^^Aamiin.

The civil war experience is still raw. That is why I am a bit taken by president's Hassan's lack of clear understanding of what drives the Kismayo issue. What happened between Mogadishu and Kismayo and the towns and villages in between was a massacre of a historic proportion. Somalis need not dwell on it, but it must be not repeated again ---the form of government Somalis choose, and the dispensation and distribution of power should be thought long and hard...

Gaashaan   

I still remember those days,,,one of my aunt was amoung them those who their bodies were discarded the tribune, ICRC confirmed us while we were in Kismayo.

What a tragedy history.

'those who disregard history are doomed to repeat it"

Coofle   

Apophis;917395 wrote:
You seem almost jubilant at the cutting down of defenceless folks by cowards.

on contrary...I am sympathetic with the plight...we all shared it sxb...