Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Mogadishu Genocide 2007-2009: The EU and US Must Compensate Victims!

Malika   

It's a first to see Daqane annoyed.

For Somalia to heal, for its people to find peace and harmony - there will be a need to acknowledge each others pain/hurt caused by the years of Dictator ruling and the civil war..

Dismissing each other nor accusing each other isn't the way forward - either we all choose to be victims and wallow in self pity/hatred etc..or we acknowledge and take responsibility in how we engage with one another so to start the healing.

I have no property to claim in Mogadishu , but have seen friends acquires theirs back and it was very easy too.

Raamsade   

oba hiloowlow;917538 wrote:
Daqane is a nice guy he is missunderstood

War ninyahow maxaa kaa maqan?

It is clear as daylight that Dhaqane is being witch-hunted for no reason other than he is proud son of the mighty and noble USC clan. No where in this thread did he even remotely hint that no homes were looted or that those who lost property are not entitled to compensation. All he said was "if what you are saying is true, the best avenue to seek redress is through proper legal chanels not Youtube. I think that is noble and dignified stance. As a result he's been subjected to one personal attack after the other, clearly SOL doesn't think upholding it is own Gold Rules applies to all members. He's been asked offensive questions like "how many looted properties do you own?" or some such.

Marka ninyahow caqliga Ilaahey kuga sedey adeegso ee nacasnimada ka har.

Daqane   

Alright nuune I will answer your question, and give examples of documentary proof:

- title deed

- water-electricity-sewarage bills

- video evidence

- taxation records

- employee records for former civil servants, parastatal employees, military-police e.t.c with clear location information

-pictoral evidence

- eye witness accounts from reputable witnesses

- supporting evidence although this is considered second tier like neighbourhood school certificates...

- membership in local guulwade or other orientation centers e.t.c

If this was anyother country and you did not have that evidence how would you claim property??? This is the current process in xamar koow...

Xiinow, one day when I have just taken a shower and feel that toweling my hair would be too much of a chore, I will gadly pretend to entertain your analysis in my general direction in lieu of a blow dryer, until then cuqdaad aad qabtiid will be more than enough to fuel your search for that perfect formula to revive the cynicism of yesteryear as well as that d block unity, if you were trully understanding you would know the diffrence between being hated or being despised.... :)

Liqaye,

No amount of rationalization will cover your naked behind. The 'TB' ridden, senile elders are coming back with a triumph note. Cuqdada macnaheeda baadan fahmin malaha, don't tempt me to school you waryaa

The formula is found and enshrined in the constitution. It is your task to fight it and risk another civil war.

Raamsade,

Daqane is being fully owned. He is defending the indefensible legacy of Somalia's ugliest period. Some got killed in Xamar trying to reclaim thier properties after listening similar sweat talk of 'come and reclaim your property' such as the proposed here .

We are proposing a mass handover of looted properties to its rightful owners dead or alive. If dead, relatives will decide whether they want to convert and donate to the ministry of interior so it can be converted to a public park or similar function.

Raamsade;917549 wrote:
War ninyahow maxaa kaa maqan?

It is clear as daylight that Dhaqane is being witch-hunted for no reason other than he is proud son of the mighty and noble USC clan. No where in this thread did he even remotely hint that no homes were looted or that those who lost property are not entitled to compensation. All he said was "if what you are saying is true, the best avenue to seek redress is through proper legal chanels not Youtube. I think that is noble and dignified stance. As a result he's been subjected to one personal attack after the other, clearly SOL doesn't think upholding it is own Gold Rules applies to all members. He's been asked offensive questions like "how many looted properties do you own?" or some such.

Marka ninyahow caqliga Ilaahey kuga sedey adeegso ee nacasnimada ka har.

I was trying to be political correct....

Nuune Im sorry to hear that bro!

Raamsade   

nuune;917539 wrote:

Daqane
and Raamsade said this:
Ciddii hanti laga dhacey caddeymo hala timaato, how is that possible when everyone was running for their life leaving behind everything they own or possess
, this is the part that
Daqane
was avoiding for the whole discussion of this thread, and I have being reading the posts very closely,
Raamsade
, and
Daqane
, please explain the point I raised or the bolded text.

It is possible some people have lost their title deeds, it happened in many conflicts around the world and justice was eventually found. But surely the best way to seek redress is through proper channels. Youtube and whining on the internet is not the proper way. That is what I and Dhaqane are saying. There are courts you can turn to; the legal environment in Somalia is getting better and in due time everyone will be able to go back to Somalia (from Saylac to Ras Kambooni) to get justice without fear or prejudice.

Lakin min fadlak, naga daaya caalacalkan dhoocilaha. Nin weyn Somali sheeganaya oo labbo qooro leh oo intuu dad hor yimaada ku calaalacalya "waa la i gumaadey, hanti aa la iga dhacay" adinka Somali idil uga horeeya. Nimanhayow Ilaahey ka baqa raggii Somalida waa ceebeeseen ee sidaan isku dhaama.

^^LOL

Waryaa Raamsade , waxaad calaacalka u qabto waa effective political leverage. Waa lagaa matajinayaa iyadoon baahi loo qabin. Caqli aad intaa ku fahamto allaha ku siiyo.

There are cases where some looted properties have been returned to their rightful owners, but to suggest that you would need only a proof of ownership to get your properties back is far from the truth. And I know this first hand. The government may be saying the right thing, but it neither has the manpower nor the will to enforce anything on the ground. Let's take an example, few weeks back the president (Hassan) has announce or rather issued a degree to evict people from occupied homes. Inna Yeey's empty land in Buulo Xuubay area was one of the places that has been cleared and supposedly given back to his family. 2 weeks after that, another group has moved into that same block of land and the government has yet to do anything about it.

My own relative has been in Mogadishu for the past 3+ months to reclaim homes and land, and it's still ongoing saga that may not end in near future. This is so messy subject and needs more than cyber fadhi ku dirir.

Jacpher   

@Nuune, finders are keepers weeye sheekadu. If the owners are deceased, Daqane lived there for over twenty years, xaq buu ku leeyahay or so he thinks.

@Raamade, you're just mad the issue of looted properties are raised. By the way, you keep saying go back to Muqdisho but the government has yet to publicly issue a press release inviting to all the victims whose properties stolen, has yet to set up a committee or do anything tangile regarding this issue. I hate to break it to you but there are no proper channels in Muqdisho at this moment. Courts aren't enough especially in Muqdisho.

@Oba, And a good neighbor like Daqane & Raamsade will gladly hand you the keys :D

Daqane   

school me kulaha waar xiin spending this much time on SOL has really caused you to mix up somethings, those T:B ridden old men I have talked about are not using your constitution to ask for anything back, they do not use rhe court system enshrined in the consitution or any legal redress, no they just like you spew vitriol on inappropriate fora, how much they scream, cough into their hospital provided sheeting and talk about how xamar will never be the same, that will not return a single meter squared back to them, today if you have the documentation and go to xamar to claim your land, even if your land is still occupied and the owner is too big to be moved, you get a ruling and judgement from the court that can be used at a later date when the goverment keeps on imposing its will, no more learned helplessness, you will get your land back, if you are too scared to do so, I assure you that your vapid cantrabaqash in rented halls wont change that, you do not even have the courage of your convictons using the same process I have outlined to your barrow boys as a victory and at the same time refusing to take the same route to do things on the ground, and what is the new civil war you talk about, the one that according to you has been brought to a definitive end by a federal constitution was that the siyadist dream mise your uncles in 78 when they fired the first shot??

The indefensible legacy is the bombing of hargeisa, state genocide, that your uncles put down the gun to join, ma maanta ayaad somali noqoteey miyaa??

When has anything that you have ever said ever been reality or ever panned out?

We are proposing kulahaa, who is this we you are on about, niyoow do you even read the constitution you talk about?, have you contributed even a comma to it misee membership of SOL and sahal has gone to your head.

Until then T.B is a killer waryaa.

Raamsade   

xiinfaniin;917555 wrote:
^^LOL

Waryaa Raamsade , waxaad calaacalka u qabto waa effective political leverage. Waa lagaa matajinayaa iyadoon baahi loo qabin. Caqli aad intaa ku fahamto allaha ku siiyo.

I know that but thanks for actually admitting to it. I've already alluded to this fact before in another topic. This whole talk about "stolen properties being returned to rightful owners" is cheap political gimmick by people who lost the civil war. Instead of duking it out with the USC folks in the battlefield or other avenues, the ploy now is to morally blackmail them with the tag "thieves who live in looted property." But no intelligent son or daughter of beesha USC (I still have hope that Oba is semi-intelligent but that hope is vanishing very rapidly!) will entertain such idea. Somalis from all corners of the Somali world are now congregating in Xamar to get back stolen. The only Somalis who are whining and whinging on Youtube and the internet with phony apprehension and misgivings about going back to reclaim purported looted properties are our brothers from the cursed tree.

But by actually admitting that is all political gimmick you have proven to all fair minded Somalis that you are not really interested in justice. You just want to continue the civil war by other means. This whole looted property calaacal was just a ruse to hoodwink naive Somalis like our brother Oba.

Sxb we don't want to relive the Civil War. We want to move on. Remember those victims and never forget, yes. But we want to move on and herald a new dawn not go back to the dark ages.

Daqane   

school me kulaha waar xiin spending this much time on SOL has really caused you to mix up somethings, those T:B ridden old men I have talked about are not using your constitution to ask for anything back, they do not use rhe court system enshrined in the consitution or any legal redress, no they just like you spew vitriol on inappropriate fora, how much they scream, cough into their hospital provided sheeting and talk about how xamar will never be the same, that will not return a single meter squared back to them, today if you have the documentation and go to xamar to claim your land, even if your land is still occupied and the owner is too big to be moved, you get a ruling and judgement from the court that can be used at a later date when the goverment keeps on imposing its will, no more learned helplessness, you will get your land back, if you are too scared to do so, I assure you that your vapid cantrabaqash in rented halls wont change that, you do not even have the courage of your convictons using the same process I have outlined to your barrow boys as a victory and at the same time refusing to take the same route to do things on the ground, and what is the new civil war you talk about, the one that according to you has been brought to a definitive end by a federal constitution was that the siyadist dream mise your uncles in 78 when they fired the first shot??

The indefensible legacy is the bombing of hargeisa, state genocide, that your uncles put down the gun to join, ma maanta ayaad somali noqoteey miyaa??

When has anything that you have ever said ever been reality or ever panned out?

We are proposing kulahaa, who is this we you are on about, niyoow do you even read the constitution you talk about?, have you contributed even a comma to it misee membership of SOL and sahal has gone to your head.

Until then T.B is a killer waryaa.

Raamsade;917571 wrote:
I know that but thanks for actually admitting to it. I've already alluded to this fact before in another topic. This whole talk about "stolen properties being returned to rightful owners" is cheap political gimmick by people who lost the civil war. Instead of duking it out with the USC folks in the battlefield or other avenues, the ploy now is to morally blackmail them with the tag "thieves who live in looted property." But no intelligent son or daughter of beesha USC (I still have hope that Oba is semi-intelligent but that hope is vanishing very rapidly!) will entertain such idea. Somalis from all corners of the Somali world are now congregating in Xamar to get back stolen. The only Somalis who are whining and whinging on Youtube and the internet with phony apprehension and misgivings about going back to reclaim purported looted properties are our brothers from the cursed tree.

But by actually admitting that is all political gimmick you have proven to all fair minded Somalis that you are not really interested in justice. You just want to continue the civil war by other means. This whole looted property calaacal was just a ruse to hoodwink naive Somalis like our brother Oba.

Sxb we don't want to relive the Civil War. We want to move on. Remember those victims and never forget, yes. But we want to move on and herald a new dawn not go back to the dark ages.

Im i naive or un-intelligent cause i want justice for all clans? Naga daa dee im not seeing everything from my clan's perspective

Raamsade   

Apophis;917561 wrote:
I call BS on that. There are no credible courts. This is Somalia we're talking about not the Hague. Jesus!!

Are you saying courts HAVE NOT returned looted properties? If you are, you're simply misinformed. I know the courts and legal system is Somalia is far cry from ideal but there are at least there and will get better with time. If people actually are missing property let them wait until things get better or try their luck now and go back like many Somalis are doing.