Sign in to follow this  
Daqane

House of Cards and binge viewing

Daqane   

House-of-Cards.jpg

250px-HouseofCardsposter.jpg

Firstly here is a little description of the show

]

Francis "Frank" Underwood (Kevin Spacey) is an ambitious Democratic congressman and the House Majority Whip. Following his assistance in ensuring the election of President Garrett Walker (Michael Gill), Underwood is informed by Chief of Staff Linda Vasquez (Sakina Jaffrey) that the existing agreement to appoint him Secretary of State will not be honored. Furious at Walker's betrayal, Underwood and his wife Claire (Robin Wright), an environmental activist, begin seeking out pawns in a protracted political war against Walker. Soon brought into the fray is troubled Rep. Peter Russo (Corey Stoll) and Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara), a young political reporter for the Washington Herald newspaper;

This show is really good, its got kevin spacey who has pulled off the show [david fincher is an executive producer on it], but as usual it has been both dumbed down, as well as sexed up for the american audience, to my mind it has nothing on the original BBC series that introduced me to the writing of Micheal Dobbs and he's main character the slippery, intense b@stard Francis Urquahart and his oft quoted and imitable response non-response "You might very well say so, but I could not possibly comment!", also in the end if I really think about it, I could beleive a cheif whip could pull off scheming to be P.M in a parliamentary system, but a 11 term congressman from south carolina forcing himself in to the vice-presidency almost single handedly? Naaah! the systems seem too diffrent to me,

But apart from that the most intreasting thing about this show is the way it has been released all in one big juicy chunk on netflix, and it ruined my life for the past couple of hours, I lack self control, would you guys do the whole binge thing if you had the chance on your favorite shows??

underdog   

Binge watching is the best way to watch tv. Download full season and avoid the whole "Next week on ........"

Here's a few of my latest views

Sons-Of-Anarchy-sons-of-anarchy-2878455-

strikeback-s2-1600.jpeg

446luther4.jpg

Somalia   

I am watching the first season, it's a great show, full of funny scenes, like one of the first one in the office where he receives a call from the "president elect", and it turns out to be a woman at the end of the line. :D

Faheema.   

House of Cards is fantastic! looking forward to the next season.....Never watched the BBC version, Spacey is absolutely brilliant in this.

Also, can't wait BBC drama Luther Series 3 :)

Isra   

Just finished watching this show - enjoyable but somewhat predictable at the end.

C.A.N.N.O.T wait for WALKING DEAD tonight.

underdog   

rewatch some of the ended shows. They were fantastic

alias_wallpaper_1280x1024_4.jpg

Bradley Cooper was such a lil b!tch in this show LOL, who knew he would end up being a big star!

18999_178141.jpg

This was another good one

68220.jpg

NGONGE   

Faheema.;917188 wrote:
House of Cards is fantastic! looking forward to the next season.....Never watched the BBC version, Spacey is absolutely brilliant in this.

Also, can't wait BBC drama
Luther Series 3
:)

It was a brilliant show (though it may have not passed the test of time). Had the memorable catch phrase "you may well say that but I can't possibly comment".