Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Somali women then and somali women today

Blessed   

oba hiloowlow;916473 wrote:
who said i was worried just made a point................

that's not exactly a thesis point Mr. Maybe you should go back to drooling over stolen pictures of half naked teenage girls instead of making a silly noise over hijabi sisters sitting for their exams.

chubacka   

How can you talk so knowledgeably about the women of the 60s Oba? Iam assuming you weren't around, are you just going on stories etc and just romanticising the period?

What women wear is not that important, it's much more important that they are given freedom to play a part in all areas of society.

Blessed   

You chose to dedicate yet another thread on the dress and conduct of my kind, you daft troll. Adigu meesha nooga bax and perhaps use some of your 'precious time' to acquire some of the xishood and decency you preach about.

*Blessed;916483 wrote:
You chose to dedicate yet another thread on the dress and conduct of
my kind
, you daft troll. Adigu meesha nooga bax and perhaps use some of your 'precious time' to acquire some of the xishood and decency you preach about.

maxaad ka hadlaysaa, stick to this mowduuc or beat it.wa salaam

Aaliyyah   

I do believe most of us here have no clue how things were back then. We can only speculate. Laakin wax aan ku yara dari karo waa inta mini skirt xidhan jirtay saan filayo waa inta yar ee magalada joogta. Most people were nomads and dressed traditionally. Kuwa mini skirt xidhan kolay dhaqan may laheen, xishoodna ilaahay baa og hadey lahayeen mar hadey dhaqan ee leheen ku dayanayeen. Laakin aan ku danbabin.

Blessed   

Che, he can't help it, as my friend says "dadka qaarkood edabta iyo asluubta maalinti la qeybinayay maysan joogin" Juxa.

I'm done. Good night!

Aaliyyah;916489 wrote:
I do believe most of us here have no clue how things were back then. We can only speculate. Laakin wax aan ku yara dari karo waa inta mini skirt xidhan jirtay saan filayo waa inta yar ee magalada joogta. Most people were nomads and dressed traditionally. Kuwa mini skirt xidhan kolay dhaqan may laheen, xishoodna ilaahay baa og hadey lahayeen mar hadey dhaqan ee leheen ku dayanayeen. Laakin aan ku danbabin.

Good point walaal but i think our generation is a lot more effed up than our parents/grandparents.

Wadani   

Che -Guevara;916491 wrote:
Oba....gabadha walaalshaa ah ka xishood waa hadaad talo rabtid.

Hayaay, waaba Che oo af soomaaligii bartay. :D

Oba...You could made your point without throwing in together words like Somali women, jiljabaab and . It's demeaning specially for our sisters that lead righteous lives regardless of what they wear. More importantly, you could have broaden your argument and not objectify our women by solely focusing on what they wear. It would have been more appropriate to contrast the culture of the 60s with today's culture instead of reducing your argument to women's attire.

Blessed...Let's hope young Oba learns from his mistakes.

lol@Wadani, nicca I am grown @ss man though be of ciyaal xaafad extraction.