Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

The interior design of the new Somali Parliament.

Nice Parliament! This is a great building where Somalia's leaders can gather and discuss which Qabiil is better than the other, and where each Politician can compete for who can steal the most government money :)

israa   

Nin-Yaaban;916011 wrote:
Looks very nice.
Well at least the chairs are bolted to the floor this time.
Kuraas lees ku tuur tuuro majirto.
;)

lolll..

ANWAR   

Jacpher;916021 wrote:
I am afraid new building and good design won't help Somali xildhibaano. Collection of men including ex-warlords representing their calool in the name of the clan. Will the Turks teach these ex-warlords how to serve the country?

NAME one ex-warlord in the parliament??

Khadafi   

Looks very nice but where is the african somali touch of it? Oba do you have any pics of the architecture of the building?

The Zack;916394 wrote:
Qanyare, Cumar Finish, Ahmed Madobe...

I checked it up its correct however its a total disgrace for beesha wacbudan unuka to have finish as a mp.waxaas in laga weynaaday baan uu heystay

Khadafi;916396 wrote:
Looks very nice but where is the african somali touch of it? Oba do you have any pics of the architecture of the building?

I will look for it abti.

the design has a more consensus politics type of seating arrangement, interesting. i usually prefer the more adversarial type setting like the British house of commons. but in somalia's case, its better than anything, i suppose. i'd love to be given the mashruuc to do the interior design for the somalia parliament. i'd do a wonderful job of it walahi. its important they go for bright colours, open space design and its crucial to have big windows to let in natural light. also its important not to turn the hall in a memorial shrine with lots of Somalia-type paraphernalia and nostalgic memories of by-gone-eras. this could determine the atmosphere and general mood of the MPs. audio-visual equipment is very important. it must be clean at all times. it's access should be exclusively for MPs only and maybe two or three clerical transcribers of the session to be reserved in the Parliamentary ''hansard'' type of book for archiving and public access . there should a visitors area for the public to observe the sessions and a media box for cameramen and silly journalists. security should tight, unseen and also polite with good people skills.

simplicity and functionality are VERY IMPORTANT.

0_buildings_-_scottish_parliament_025120

the above is what i have in mind. not necessarily the same colours but something fresh and airy LOL.

a vase of fresh flowers everyday is crucial (NO BLUE VASE NOR BLUE/WHITE FLOWERS). this should be next to jowarhi's desk. to merely symobilise hope and vitality :D

that's what i think but nonetheless its VERY important you reer somalia folks listen to this advice if you want to rebuild your country.

somaliland parliamentarians are already experienced and our parliament building was completed many years ago.

8082876998_2cbf75322f.jpg

somaliland-lower-house.jpg

Al.

Daqane   

false alarm guys apparently that is the parliament of antigua in the carribeans parliament, someone removed the flags and photoshopped a somali emblem on it, mea culpa since I posted it in another thread...

metta   

Somali media are full of lies. Why do these journalists make up stories and development projects? I remember there were like 2 Hargeisa Airport projects and like 3 Xamar Airport projects and they were all fake. They need to be held responsible. They are spreading false information.

Journalism has become a lying profession and a money exchanging hands career. I truly believe that guy who was convicted a few days ago is truly guilty. Somali journalists are the worst of the worst. They need to be sent to the gallows.