Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

As Somalia Emerges at the World Stage, Civil War Undertones Persist

^^I heard he already announced on Universal TV he is going there , Haatu.

Another analysis from Michael

Does Washington understand the consequences for domestic Somali political actors of its apparent decision to cast its lot with the S.F.G. in a fundamental constitutional conflict? To repeat, for the moment it has weakened Somaliland and Puntland relative to the S.F.G., and has given the S.F.G. an IOU. It is likely that the U.S. is not attending to the effects of its decision on the power distribution among Somali actors; it is interested in “normalizing” relations with “Somalia” so that it can back away from the country and let drones and special forces take care of the “war on terror.” Somalia is already being written down and written off as a “success story” and even a model, as attention turns to Mali. Yet the fundamental political conflicts in the territories of post-independence Somalia are far from resolved. The outlook for the future is more clouded than ever.

http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Analysis/Somalia_Political_Effects_of_U_S_Recognition_of_the_Somali_Federal_Government.shtml

Eng. Cadde, you got jokes waryaa. I am not saying anything. I agree with the editorial, which aptly captured the subtext of current political discourse.

Is gaabi waryaa , meesha caqlaa socdee

Gabbal   

Xiin-

I take it you are a reluctant supporter of this President? The manner in which Puntland has acted under the designation of a federal state has never been sustainable. Similarly, the President is and has never been against Jubbaland formation on a policu level. I think his priority concern has been about due process which is adhered to by the entire political structure of the nation and is considered the universally agreed upon manner of forming a federal state. The Federal government is not a faction: it is formed by the representation of all Somalis of all regions. All those in favor of the stability of the nation should realize the Somali government should not be equated diplomatically to factions and partisan entities who are already represented in the Federal government. Weinstein is outdated, having invested his effort into explaining the transitional era and you are somewhat disappointing for not fully embracing thr full political opportunities before the nation.

Haatu   

Gabbal;915751 wrote:
Xiin-

I take it you are a reluctant supporter of this President? The manner in which Puntland has acted under the designation of a federal state has never been sustainable. Similarly, the President is and has never been against Jubbaland formation on a policu level. I think his priority concern has been about due process which is adhered to by the entire political structure of the nation and is considered the universally agreed upon manner of forming a federal state. The Federal government is not a faction: it is formed by the representation of all Somalis of all regions. All those in favor of the stability of the nation should realize the Somali government should not be equated diplomatically to factions and partisan entities who are already represented in the Federal government. Weinstein is outdated, having invested his effort into explaining the transitional era and you are somewhat disappointing for not fully embracing thr full political opportunities before the nation.

From now on I no longer associate myself with Xiin in politics. I am a follower of the Gabbal school of thought :D

Xiin, yh I heard it too. Apparently Saacid should be going there soon. I hope the president makes it clear whilst there that separatism or alluding to it won't be tolerated. Faroole's treason is getting out of hand.

Daqane   

Yes gabbal's position is most tenable waxaan kale is just bacaac, the internet and comment is free, what Somalia lacks is constitutionality and due process, it will take a long time before this sinks in to the heads of all involved, wasnt xiin the one who was saying amisom should withdraw from mogadishu and relocate to northern recovery zones? :) with caqli intaas le'eg the president should be very worried :cool:

Gabal,

You must realize that I do not buy your effort to sound deep and in the-know. Time has rather proven you wrong many a times.

Hassan Sheekh is my president and I wish him success to move Somalia forward. However, as a citizen (remember I am not a separatist :D), I do have the right to criticize the man, especially when he seems confused about the fundamental challenges facing him. Somalia still has multiple stakeholders Somaliland, and Puntland included. He sounds nice and reasonable , but his policy actions like the one today in appointing a regional governor for Baydhabo go against the spirit of the political framework upon which he was elected to lead.

So ours is a constructive critique.

As for Puntland, I think by now you know that Puntland is a political reality that cannot be wished away. No amount of envy or cuqdad can change that reality awoowe. Whether its political position is sustainable or not remains to be seen. Unlike our brothers in the North , Puntland is heavily invested in the revival of Somalia. It's political weight hinges on how the constitution is upheld. It will remain a loyal opposition to any effort slightly perceived as anti Federal.