-Serenity-

For the married lot...

nuune;912292 wrote:

Serenity
, Bermuda Triangle in Somali translation:
Salka-Xagarka Barmooda
, inaad halkaa u guurtey baan u heestay

Nuune,

i've heard this expression several times. i wonder how english idioms came into the somali language? what do you think it means?

Reeyo   

nuune;912292 wrote:
^^ So as
Oba
, and many others, kaligaa ma tihid waryee, welcome to the club and don't worry about the first one aad kala tagteen, waxaanu mareynaa tii sadexaad oo la kala tagey and life is iswiit fooqal shiidh

LOL. That's the spirit.

chubacka   

Looks very suffocating, blooming hell, it would be more interesting to also plot his wife's level of "peace" or "quality of life" as he sent her his 1000th text of the week. All this attention, even with the best intentions can become a little insincere if you're just trying to tick a box at the end of the day.

one needn't reply back to these sensationalist, ethno-centric and divorced from reality social experiments. what's needed are more of these rapidly increasing 'professional-city-slicker-post-modernist-empowered-black-female get togethers. the famous american movie ''Waiting To Exhale'' was perhaps, a precursor and a sign of things to come, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking the black man can be domesticated. theblack man must reign supreme for there to be a happy household.

Blessed   
Serenity, you have to check out Yasmin Mogahed and her 'Serenity' Podcasts on onelegacyradio.com - yes, it's relevant to this. I also think that funny sheikh we saw last year is much better than this guy when you consider the cultural context Somalis are raised in.

Malika   

Nin for once, had done what most men forget why they got married at first - a wife isn't a piece of meat oo add marba dinic uu jideysaa - she is a person that you need to work hard to connect with beyond the intimacy times...

Although, I noticed on his chart after 30 days, every aspect of his life was dwindling low..lol, so perhaps all in moderation. Contacting each other once a day whilst at work is enough, if he had to call me more than once it better be something important - lol, praying together is a great plus to any marriage, iska baa daa intimate time at any give waqti...marka in moderation, hadhii kale walakala daleyaa.

Stoic, my sijui brother, whats this about coming home and watching tv...eeh? You come in, you chill a bit[i grant you need time to chill after a long day at work] - after chilling, you go in the kitchen help with dinner/bathing the baby/tucking the baby in bed, so you can spend the rest of the evening with the -one - that - must - be - obeyed....

Wadani   

Woman have an innate built-in desire to be dominated by a man who exhudes masculinity, as has been proven by evolutionary psychobiology and observations of everday social phenomena. Y do u think even good girls swoon for the protypical 'bad boy'. The notions of a dominant man and a submissive women have become tainted and laden with negative connotations as a result of the relentless propagation of militant feminist hogwash for the past couple of decades. A happy home is one in which the man is the leader and his woman his sidekick. The advice being peddled in this article relegates the man to a position no better than a subordinate servant, whose sole purpose is to cater to the whimsical desires of the insatiable female apetite for selfish pleasures.

Wadani;912382 wrote:
Woman have an innate built-in desire to be dominated by a man who exhudes masculinity, as has been proven by evolutionary psychobiology and observations of everday social phenomena. Y do u think even good girls swoon for the protypical 'bad boy'. The notions of a dominant man and a submissive women have become tainted and laden with negative connotations as a result of the relentless propagation of militant feminist hogwash for the past couple of decades. A happy home is one in which the man is the leader and his woman his sidekick. The advice being peddled in this article relegates the man to a position no better than a subordinate servant, whose sole purpose is to cater to the whimsical desires of the insatiable female apetite for selfish pleasures.

excellent. just excellent.