Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Ethiopia marching toward a failed state – US Intelligence

My views of Ethiopia with respect to Somalia has evolved. I now view Ethiopia a sisterly state with Muslim majority, if not now, within the foreseeable future.

When Somalia with more than 3k coast line revives its economy, many Somali business men will appreciate the significance of Ethiopia as a critical market.

somalee   

xiinfaniin;912256 wrote:
My views of Ethiopia with respect to Somalia has evolved. I now view Ethiopia a sisterly state with Muslim majority, if not now, within the foreseeable future.

When Somalia with more than 3k coast line revives its economy, many Somali business men will appreciate the significance of Ethiopia as a critical market.

This may only be realized if Ethiopia changes her extremely stringent economic policies. Currently, you can't even bring anything from Debrezeit to Addis Ababa. I have dreams of a historic merger between the OGs and the Duriyada, in the event of a peaceful breakaway of the Somali state, and the subsequent mouth-watering prospects of a deal that will see free trade that will directly link The Faafan valley, Fiiq, Dhagaxbuur and as far as Liiban to Seylac and Berbera. This will mark the beginning of a renaissance.

Haatu   

Hear hear. Aargudasho is in tall order. A lot of these people iska hadlaayaan have not lost relatives to Injirleyda.

The best policy for Somalis is to support several states in Ethiopia oromia Amhara Tigray southern people can join south sudan if they want,but it should be done in a peaceful way we don't want the influx of xabashi refugees.

somalee   

There's no relationship between The Southern People and South Sudan. The Gambela of the western Ethiopia are the brothers of the new South Sudan state.

QansaxMeygaag;912066 wrote:
Many "states" in Africa are artificial, but the worst are Ethiopia and Nigeria with ethnic and religious strife...these two countries are huge and can not be compared to pansies like Kenya or Togo or Benin - little inconsequential countries trying to punch above their weight in international/regional politics. Yugoslavia waiting to happen in my view, the seeds have been sown by the North/South divide in Nigeria (plus Biafra) and by Ethnic nationalism and brutal dictatorship combined in Ethiopia.

What about Congo, Ethiopian expansionism was a bit different it has his historic roots in the expansion of the Amhara all over Ethiopia. Amhara lords when ever they conquered a village or a region they just used to settle in the place and breed with the local indigenous community particularly the oromos. So the Amhaara Ethiopian being was foot printed in the society. What about the Congo the secessionist of Katanga in the past and the kiyo region of east Congo the ongoing conflict in that region. That country Congo is also heavily divided.

somalee;912317 wrote:
There's no relationship between The Southern People and South Sudan. The Gambela of the western Ethiopia are the brothers of the new South Sudan state.

Well that's good i support the people of south Sudan they were oppressed for decades the same with the gambela of Ethiopia.

Xaaji Xunjuf;912319 wrote:
What about Congo, Ethiopian expansionism was a bit different it has his historic roots in the expansion of the Amhara all over Ethiopia. Amhara lords when ever they conquered a village or a region they just used to settle in the place and breed with the local indigenous community particularly the oromos. So the Amhaara Ethiopian being was foot printed in the society. What about the Congo the secessionist of Katanga in the past and the kiyo region of east Congo the ongoing conflict in that region. That country Congo is also heavily divided.

Congo is even worse in my mind; it needs to be split into at least 4 countries...

3 countries to be exactly for Congo Ethiopia and Nigeria are the 3 countries that are divided Ethnically and Politically these are artificial states the colonial powers just lumped them together what an injustice with the exception of Ethiopia. The most unfortunate Ethnic group are the Afars divided between 3 countries and insignificant in all 3 countries Ethiopia Eritrea and Djibouti. Prior to Colonialism they had a sultanate in the north east Ethiopia Aussa Sultanate, when the Italians signed treaty with the Afar elders in Assab Erirtrea. They kept their independency only losing the coast but in Ethiopia they kept their sovereignty. When Sultan Muhammad wanted to allow the Italians in the heartland of the Afars, Menelik and his forces crushed him and that was the end of their sultanate. The afars in Eritrea became Italian subjects and in Djibouti they became french subjects. And in Ethiopia they were annexed by Abyssinia very sad case for the afars.

Afar+Triangle.jpg

The kurds are a lost case they have only a future in iraq where they enjoy autonomy. But turkey will literally destroy them if they bring that stuff to turkey. There are even Kurds in Kuwait i have seen them in Kuwait when i was there few years ago. The kurds don't have it as bad as the Afars, the Afars hold no political weight in Djibouti in Eritrea they are totally sidelined and in Ethiopia they are constantly Marginalized by the TPLF regime.The kurds in Iraq have it good they have an autonomous state and the President of Iraq a ceremonial position Jalal talibani but they have autonomy and get their fair share of the resources in Iraq.

Xaaji Xunjuf;912399 wrote:
The kurds are a lost case they have only a future in iraq where they enjoy autonomy But turkey will destroy them if they bring that stuff to turkey. There are even Kurds in Kuwait i have seen them in Kuwait when i was there few years ago. The kurds don't have it as bad as the Afars, the Afars hold no political weight in Djibouti in Eritrea they are totally sidelined and in Ethiopia they are constantly Marginalized by the TPLF regime.The kurds in Iraq have it good they have an autonomous state and the President of Iraq a ceremonial position but they have autonomy and get their fair share of the resources of Iraq.

These colonial boundaries. Bah! A plague on all of them; why wont people be allowed to live together as they wish? Where is democracy and all those self-determination high ideals and mumbo jumbo when it comes to third-worlders?

Wasn't Yugoslavia allowed to disintegrate along ethnic lines for peace to prevail? Why not Nigeria or Congo or Ethiopia or Kenya or Chad or Sudan some more (Darfur)? What is so sacrosanct about these tin pot little African dictatorships that they have to be kept together at all costs?

The European union and America don't want to feed new hungry states in Africa, since they will be undeveloped countries.Why feed 2 countries when you can feed one and let the evil dictator distribute the aid to his people fairly or unfairly not our problem that's the philosophy of Brussels and Washington. Former Yugoslavia was different the west wanted to destroy the kingdom of the Serbs for geopolitical reasons. Ethiopia is one of Americas closest ally in Africa and gets billions of dollars in Military aid. Ethiopia can only collapse from with in and it needs to come from Ethiopians. South Sudan was different first the west was feuding with Bashir. And they orchestrated the independence of South Sudan behind the scenes western oil companies are now dealing with the newly independent state of South Sudan.

Ethiopia was on the brink of becoming a failed state had it not been the aggressive US intervention to keep it together. Simply, the US will not let this giant loyal servant of theirs to fail.

It will not be easy for this long oppressed community to become the power brokers of this nation, a nation dominated by Christians for centuries.