Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Speaker Jawaari: FGS/SL Talks Will Result in Unity Government

The first president of Somaliland was called Abdiraxmaan The second president was called Maxammad. the 3rd President was called Daahir. The fourth president and current president is called Axmed.

Not sure but most of them were Somaliland citizens all of them even though rayaale was born in Ethiopia but Somaliland by ancestry. Cigaal even said that he was never a citizen of a country called Somalia. Rayaale was indeed a great statesmen history shall remember him.

Johnny B   

Birth places and citizenships are not always correlated,and Igal was not being truthful about his citizenship, as one can't be Somalia's prime minister and at the same time hold another country's citizenship , lest whatever country he claims to have been it's citizen was colonizing Somalia.

He was during the union for a short period the prime minister of the former Somali republic. But he said that he was never a citizen of a country called Somalia, Because Somalia is strictly from (raskambooni to raas caseer). President rayaale could obtain the Ethiopian citizenship if he preferred that but he choose to be a Somalilander instead.

Johnny B   

All i said was he was not being truthful , and you agree with me regarding that, why do you have to redefine Somalia's internationally recognized country borders? what does Somalia being "strictly" from raskambooni to raas caseer get to do with his lie?

its not a lie he was the prime minister of the state of Somaliland on the eve of 1960 26 june whats there to lie about?. He was not a citizen of a country called Somalia, but that of the Somali republic for a short period of time.

galbeedi   

Xaaji this is hair splinting argument indeed, Cigaal led the union and in 1961 the constitution and the act of union

was ratified by the parliament. then their was a referendum voted by the whole country, subsequently he become

member of parliament , cabinet minister and became the prime minister. As Rayaale he may have born a village

five kilometers inside the ethiopian border but he grew up in Qulijeed inside the somaliland border. he went

elementary school and middle school their so I don't get it why you keep repeating the none sense that he could

obtain Ethiopian citizenship. he cannot. Their may have been border between the countries but their were no registries

or book keeping. does garoowe and laas caanood had border no , so people intermingle because the lived both sides.

They were all soomalis but they reclaimed their original Somaliland before the union.i hope that answers all.

if rayaale goes to Ethiopia and wants the Ethiopian citizenship he can get it he has his birth certificate, By the way the People of Somaliland rejected the constitution of the than Somali republic. They overwhelmingly voted no

galbeedi   

I got it. by the way Cigaal was the best politician The Somali speaking people produced for the last fifty years. once I heard

haji Ibraahim nuur discussing the late fifties and he said Cigaal wasn't talkative or good with "haasaawe" on it comes to

women yet he defeated every body including Ina Oomar, C/raxman tuur and many others in politics. he was also

very generous. he once said " siyaasada guri lagama dhistee maalkaaga ayaa la geliyaa". compare that to kulmiye

and today's robbers.