Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Sheikh Muuse cadde learns the wahabbis a lesson

Haatu   

The prophet PBUH said, "man shabaha qawman fahuwa minh" - whoever imitates a people is from them. Celebrating birthdays is a pagan/christian act. You make up your own decision with this in mind.

As for you labeling Muslims into groups, yes groups exist as our Prophet said, but that doesn't mean we have the right to pick and chose. Whatever is aligned with the teachings of the qur'an and sunnah upon the understanding of the pious predecessors is the truth, everything in contradiction to that is falsehood that leads to the fire.

somalee   

Hence this hadith, that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasalla) did his own 'aqiqah after prophethood, is sahih or hasan. Hafiz Ali ibn Abi Bakr al-Haythami (d. 807 H) said in Majma' al-Zawa'id (vol. 4 p. 94, Kitab al-Sayd wa l-Dhaba’i Bab Zaman al-‘Aqiqah wa Qada’iha) under this hadtih: "Narrated by al-Bazzar and al-Tabrani in al-Awsat. The narrators of al-Tabrani are the narrators of the Sahih besides al-Haytham ibn Jamil who is trustworthy."

In drawing evidence from this hadith, al-Suyuti writes: “[This he did] despite the fact it has been transmitted that his grandfather, ‘Abd al-Muttalib, had performed the ‘aqiqa for him on the seventh day after his birth and the ‘aqiqa should not be repeated for a second time. This must therefore be explained in such a way that what the Prophet – may God bless him and grant him peace – performed was an expression of gratitude for the fact that God – He is Exalted – has given him life as “a mercy for mankind” and as a means of distinguishing his umma, just as he used to utter the prayers for himself. Therefore, it is also praiseworthy for us to express our gratitude for his birth by the meeting of the brethren, the giving of a banquet and similar pious acts and expressions of joy.” (Muhammad's Birthday Festival, p. 64)

This appears to be the clearest proof for the Mawlid celebration as it proves people may gather to celebrate the Prophet's birthday (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), express joy and distribute food on a chosen day, as this act of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) must have been for this reason. The asl of the Mawlid therefore may in fact be supported by strong evidence, so long as it is not corrupted by prohibited acts, as elaborated by al-Suyuti in his fatwa.

Khadafi   

Salahudin;910901 wrote:
Naxar, brother u do know that Abu Bakar [ R.A.], Umar Al-Khattab [ R.A.], Usman [ R.A.], and Ali bin Abu Talib [ R.A.], never celebrated the prophet's [sAW] bithday right...

Salaaxadiin, Did the the prophet make the saalaada taraawixda in jamac? No he did not. Does it mean that is something that we should not do? Ofcourse not. I could copy and pase a long fatwa with full of culama who supports the mawlid but for the sake of the discussion I will not do that. The Wahaabiyya Could also do that. I do not think that will lead to a fruitfull discussion.

Let us use the wahaabi logic and se where it leads us. A couple of years ago when we were making the mawlid in a community center a somali man came to us and said "Why are you doing this, did the prophet do this". Before I continued I asked him "Tell us, what are we doing"

God be praised, The man was not decitful in his character he answerd "You are reading the quran, you are reciting poetry to the prophet, and you are talking about his seera .

I asked him, is this forbidden in the view point of the shareeca. The Wahaabi man answerd with a clear No, But he did say "the prophet did not do this on this specefic outlined day"

So, I answerd him... and told him " Sheekh, what about your gatherings in the summer". (For those who dont know it. The wahabiyya organises big events every summer. They usally read the quran, have some muxaadaro and other good things.)

I told him, sheekh, Did the prophet tell you guys congregate every summer in july? He said No. I abrubtly ended the discussion

My yaa salaxaadin is: If the acts are not bidden, infact they are praise worthy, and do not break the shareeca it should be recommended.

Mawlidka nabiga is a blessed day. His birth even made abu jahl so happy that he freed prophets beloved breast feeding Slave. All the creations between the heaven and earth became happy. Indeed Sayid Muxammad was the one who attained the title imaamu-qibalatyn ( The Imam of the two directions. He was the Sayid of All Sayid.

Khadafi   

Indeed, the prophet said Haatu, But what did he mean it?

a) The Christians whorship Jesus and says his a god.

b) God has a son. Why are misleading us in this forum as if the mawlid-nabi is an imitation of the christians. Have you seen where musims commemoration the mawlid say that Muhammad is god? Maacadallaah! Nio!

So what do thet do then? They come togehther reaad the quran. speak about the seera, chant poetry for the prophet, send salaams to the porphet. This acts the best and you get reward from God!

MAASHAA-ALAAH

Waa arin lagu farxo in sidaan la isu rayi dhaafsado asigoo qof waliba uu tiirsanaayo daliil. Waana ilaahey Mahadiis...

Waxaase idinka codsanaayaa inaad ilaahey u baridaan oo aad weydiisaan inuu u gargaaro kuwa isku dayaaya iney Nabi Muxammad(SCW) dhalashadiisa u dabaaldegaan oo gacanta u gala al-Shabaab.....

Haatu   

Horta, as for a little bit of off-topic fun, who remembers that Nabi Amaan ringtone on those old Nokias from 2002?

Rahima   

oba hiloowlow;911351 wrote:
i go by common sense ....

Ali ibn Abi Talib (radiyallahu anh) said: "If religion were based on opinion (what people think is common sense), then we should wipe the bottom of the khuff (leather slippers) rather than the top, but I saw Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) wiping the top of them."

nuune   

^^ Oba will not understand what you quoted there, let him use the common sense, and later when he reads the books, he will give priority to the books then the opinion or common sense of others.

He is now in the process of learninng Kutubta, aan u dulqaadano intaa ka hor wuxuu soo qoro and videos he brings here and there