Sign in to follow this  
Reeyo

Wearing white

Wadani   

I geuss so Che. But saxansaxo makes a good point...these impressionable religious girls think just cuz the guy reverted he must be perfect. They forget that ones personality and characteristics are independent of religion for the most part. Also they don't take in to account that these guys grew up their whole lives as gaalos, and we all know how much the early socialization of a person effects them through out their life.

And as for marrying timo jileec and dhago-cas....well good luck to them with that lol.

Wadani   

nuune;913278 wrote:
we not hikacking the thread, it talks about white, and whites are overtaking our women, now hada waaba Asian

No, pre-screening arranegments are held in advance, where Somali men would be excluded, waa racism iska caadi ah, or maybe cunaqabateyn, because the Somali women(gabdho and garoob) will request no Somali men to come to the session,it is cunaqabateyn, wallee Asian ayagaa ka shallaayi doona ee dhaaf.

Nuune is this seriously going on? Wow, they've taken it farther than i've imagined.

Ouch@nuune, you guys must have wronged these girls. I am just imagining the look on Ajanabis faces, a Somali Marriage event with a harem of Somali women and no men,

There was kid in Boston who run off with Indian guy but they met through a website. The mother was devastated..

Aaliyyah   

Garowe girl hun no need to generalize. It all boils down to the couple if they want to have a big or a small wedding regardless of their race. I have seen somali girls who married somali guys and did not demand much. It is one thing to want a somali spouse for yourself and being cultured. It is quite another to be disrespectful to other people simply because they dont share the same values. Halaga caqli bato intaas.

Aliyah I think she meant the sisters who dont treat the brothers the same by setting different criteria for their somali brothers than for other brothers. But I belive the majority does not do that and people choose what they agree on and thinks is best.

Che guevara: I dont think its the mosques fault, but has more to do with the bad decisions people can make. I guess its like that with all marriages, no one knows how it would turn out in the end.

Wadani: By easily impressionable youths i meant the guys aswell, not only the girls and including somalis who marry each other.

Blessed   

Aaliyah, not to put you off but red is the hindu wedding colour, some Muslim indians wear green to be different. But don't be put of every colour can be traced to a religion if we look hard enough, our people are colourful, so nothing is off limits but the white kurdad iyo googarad and the sadex qayd have been with us, even before the dirac. So its not something we got from the christians. White wedding dresses, rings and cakes we learnt from the colonialists..

nuune;913273 wrote:
^^ That network is everywhere, very common in London, up until recently, an event named Somali Marriage Day was held, another one due to be held on Feb, hada revert sheekada wey ka taktey, Tima Jilic ayaa ugaarsi ba'an ugu jiro gabdhaheena, seen yeelnaa mar hadii meel kasta naloo fadhiistey, inteen aadnaa

nacalaa talaatik

Aaliyyah;913282 wrote:
Garowe girl hun no need to generalize. It all boils down to the couple if they want to have a big or a small wedding regardless of their race. I have seen somali girls who married somali guys and did not demand much. It is one thing to want a somali spouse for yourself and being cultured. It is quite another to be disrespectful to other people simply because they dont share the same values. Halaga caqli bato intaas.

Aaliyah I am not sure what you’re talking about. No one is arguing that people shouldn’t marry who they want but I just pointed out the sheer hypocrisy of the self-hating, ajanabi-loving so called Somali sisters who go out of their way to demean and denigrate our Somali brothers in order to justify their obsession with other men from other races. I also cannot stand and I have no space or time for people like you who try to defend or make some sort of excuse for those kind of Somali-bashing, self-hating sisters. I cannot fathom why you would want to normalize or push such a twisted agenda on us. For example, one of your favourite inspirational speakers i.e Brother Mohamed Diini was warning us in one of his lectures that he is always ashamed and embarrassed to see Somali girls are the first put their hands up and are ready to run after an Ajanabi. He urged us Somali girls and boys to stick to their own race. He emphasized that this phenomenon is prevalent and so pervasive in the Somali communities throughout the diaspora . Anecdotally, I have heard some horrible stories involving self-hating Somali chicks who run away with Ajanabi only to come back to the community distraught and depressed.

When a Somali brother wants to marry a Somali sister, the girl's family will do some background check to ascertain his suitability, character and Deen, however with converts they get away with so much as no one knows their family or background. Islamically, the four imams unanimously encourage and recommend one to marry within his own race. Also, in Islam one should check the person's akhlaq or character as well as their diin. However, it appears many of those self-hating sisters are mesmerised by a convert's big-beard or that he is a brand new Muslim, so he must be a special catch. By the way, Somali guys are not immune from this disease. I have seen some eligible and educated Somali guys marrying outside the race, and this equally disturbing.

Apophis;913332 wrote:
Very apt!

This has happened within my own family. This "revert" couldn't even afford a napkin but she insisted on marrying him (with my dad footing the bill). And now it's all kapput. What a waste.

Even non muslims don't tolerate this nonsense!

sorry to hear that ,as my father says, girls in europe=Problem :D

Haatu   

Apophis;913356 wrote:
Thanks Oba, she really f-up big time.

@ Che: no they're not divorced but might as well be. He's banged up.

This happened to someone I know. Wait a min, I might actually know you, you know.

Aaliyyah   

GaroweGal;913324 wrote:
Aaliyah I am not sure what you’re talking about. No one is arguing that people shouldn’t marry who they want but I just pointed out the sheer hypocrisy of the self-hating, ajanabi-loving so called Somali sisters who go out of their way to demean and denigrate our Somali brothers in order to justify their obsession with other men from other races. I also cannot stand and I have no space or time for people like you who try to defend or make some sort of excuse for those kind of Somali-bashing, self-hating sisters. I cannot fathom why you would want to normalize or push such a twisted agenda on us. For example, one of your favourite inspirational speakers i.e Brother Mohamed Diini was warning us in one of his lectures that he is always ashamed and embarrassed to see Somali girls are the first put their hands up and are ready to run after an Ajanabi. He urged us Somali girls and boys to stick to their own race. He emphasized that this phenomenon is prevalent and so pervasive in the Somali communities throughout the diaspora . Anecdotally, I have heard some horrible stories involving self-hating Somali chicks who run away with Ajanabi only to come back to the community distraught and depressed.

When a Somali brother wants to marry a Somali sister, the girl's family will do some background check to ascertain his suitability, character and Deen, however with converts they get away with so much as no one knows their family or background. Islamically, the four imams unanimously encourage and recommend one to marry within his own race. Also, in Islam one should check the person's akhlaq or character as well as their diin. However, it appears many of those self-hating sisters are mesmerised by a convert's big-beard or that he is a brand new Muslim, so he must be a special catch. By the way, Somali guys are not immune from this disease. I have seen some eligible and educated Somali guys marrying outside the race, and this equally disturbing.

Garowegirl again you are continuing with the generalization. Just because a Somali sister chose to marry another race just does that mean she is a self hating? Does that mean she is going to demean her Somali brothers? That is not to say there aren’t few who do that but you don’t need to lump everyone together.

Speaking about our brother Diini I never heard him say that and if he did I wouldn’t know why he would be embarrassed about his sisters marrying outside of their race. That’s their choice and islamically permissible as long as the individual is a muslim. As for his advice to stick to your people I actually have said that many times on Sol. I believe that people should marry within their race and that it makes their life so much easier. Especially those who are cultured like myself. But, does that mean I am going to push everyone to see things the way I see? People have different personalities and will do as they please. There is no need for anyone to sit on a high horse and get on other people’s business especially with the tone that you showed.

Some of what you mentioned might hold true. But, remember not everyone who marries outside of their race falls into that category. And, you seem to be so focused on those who marry outside of their race. Why don’t you also point out those who marry within their race but don’t really look at the akhlaaq and the person instead are so focused on the guy’s beard for example? And your last line even confirms further that you have issues with people marrying outside of their race. It is one thing to not support such marriages. It is another to show distaste.

Apophis, illustrates one example of how his sister married a convert and her marriage didn’t work. And I myself have seen many such cases. But, I have also seen Somali guys mistreating Somali girls and not knowing their values. Maanta guursdey bari buuu furay and some go as far as not supporting their kids financially. So it is not greener on either side. Marka hala is ihtiraamo.

P.s As for the background check how do you expect a somali family to do a background check on a convert? they will try to ask a shiekh here or there but not that much they can find. And to be truthful even on a somali guy a background check wouldn't suffice nowadays. We don't live in a small village where you can know a good deal of someone.

Wadani   

GaroweGal;913324 wrote:

Libaaxadddd!!!!!