Sign in to follow this  
Reeyo

Wearing white

Wadani   

Che -Guevara;913624 wrote:
Aaliyah....I think GG is saying there's subset of women who retire common sense when it comes to marrying reverts, in other words, they go out above and beyond to please these reverts while ignoring their own needs. Somali men are not afforded the same courtesy or might even denigrated. Things like marrying someone who just did a stint in prison makes no sense. She condemns her and her kids to poverty as criminals are unemployable.In any case, I guess it's their life at the end.

On the positive side, atleast our girls haven't labelled like Asian chicks dating white guys, a phenom in the states.

I never understood the Asian girl-White guy phenomenon. Anyone know y it's so common these days?

Narniah   

Wadani;913279 wrote:
I geuss so Che. But saxansaxo makes a good point...these impressionable religious girls think just cuz the guy reverted he must be perfect. They forget that ones personality and characteristics are independent of religion for the most part.
Also they don't take in to account that these guys grew up their whole lives as gaalos, and we all know how much the early socialization of a person effects them through out their life.

And as for marrying timo jileec and dhago-cas....well good luck to them with that lol.

Just remember that All the Sahabas (ra) were Reverts too. They too grew up as 'Gaalos' and if it wasn't for them Islam would not have reached Somalia. You should be careful to speak so ill of your fellow Muslims. If they are reverts or born they are your brothers and sisters. It's also dambi upon you to criticize peoples belief in god cause that's a sacred private relationship between them and God.

Apophis;913419 wrote:
Alliyyah, you seem to be saying Somali & Somali marriage is as much fraught with problems as Somali & Ajnabi marriage. I think that is false. The latter is much more problematic than the former.
In my experience, most of the converts are former criminals or people with bad characters.
That history isn't washed away just because they convert to Islam, as some ladies seem to think. Though you're right that Somali & Somali marriages can be problematic, at least (more likely than not) there will be familial and cultural avenues that makes it easier to solve the problem.

But with an Ajnabi (who's family will likely not be a convert too),where are you going to go to solve a potential issue? It's not just about religion. Culture plays an important role and that's why I agree with GG.

You don't even believe in God. The one who is a criminal can repent. Allah forgives everything except shirk and those like you who deny his existance. So if we look things from a religious point of view you are worse in the sight of Allah.

In my experience most of Reverts are highly educated good hearted Muslims. This notion that you hold and many racist ignorant Somalis that 'Most reverts are criminals' is false. It's just a weak attempt to insult them because you probably know of few cases where the revert had a criminal background. Is that to say that most of them are like that? No! Speaking of criminals Somalis are the biggest criminals. They loot government systems, and we all know it. Keep hiding behind your wadanimo card so you get 'accepted' but at the end of the day you are a gaal. Not saying this to offend you but it is the truth.

And those people can't bother to quote them now...

Who said so n so married a revert and was divorced? Lol!

Your entire community is divorced and let me tell you (and don't take my word for it do have a close look) those are Somali on Somali marriages.

Another quick point I want to add hmm is:

Is it not the the small wedding that has the most Barakah? How many Somalis have weddings everyday they can't even afford and are left with nothing to eat the following week? And highly in debt and oops they end up divorced. You outdid fatma n sahras 5 star wedding party but where are you now? It's better to be sincere and honest in life. Less headache.:)

Many practising Muslims nowadays go for Haj/umrah as a honeymoon. Some have small walimas/nikahs and go on a honeymoon. MashaAllah.

Wadani   

That's not a good analogy. The sahabas were ofcourse reverts, but so were the women they married. Not to mention the fact that they were mostly Arabs with the same culture. I don't see how u can compare the marriages of people with the same relgion, langauge and culture, with the marriages of people who only share religion.

I'm not only against revert marriages btw, just ajanabi's in general. Many great Islamic scholars past and present agree with this view.

Not even sure y i'm actually giving u a proper reply, ur the same weirdo who called me an islamophobe a while back....I'm still trying to wrap my head around how I, a devout Muslim in a forum full of athiests, is an Islamophobe. Smh.

Narniah   

Ooh pls ..

When I called you an Islamphobe you were mocking the Believers, specially the pracising Muslims. One minute you say one thing the next you claim another. If that isn't weird don't knw what is.

Name me the scholars that agree with your twisted pov? Oo don't even bother I too can find some sheikh who tells me otherwise. In Islam there's nothing that disencourages muslims marrying out their race.

Wadani   

Narniah;913748 wrote:
Ooh pls ..

When I called you an Islamphobe you were mocking the Believers, specially the pracising Muslims. One minute you say one thing the next you claim another. If that isn't weird don't knw what is.

Name me the scholars that agree with your twisted pov? Oo don't even bother I too can find some sheikh who tells me otherwise. In Islam there's nothing that disencourages muslims marrying out their race.

Prove I was mocking the believers u liar.

Hajj for honeymoon, that's original.

Aaliyah....I didn't say most reverts are criminals.

Wadani....Asian guys are pissed about that.

Narhiah....Is it Islamic to call Somalis biggest criminals. I guess every Somalí but you mase you are not Somali. Don't pull the deen card when it comes to reverts and in the same sentence insult Muslim Somalis.

Wadani   

Somehow it's xaraam for us to generalize about reverts but Somalis r fair game. This Narniah girl is a prototype of the self-hating Somali girl. Just call urself a Muslim and magaca Soomaali u daa dadka jecel kuna faana.

Aaliyyah   

Narniah somewhat lumped all somalis together. Which is exactly what most people on this thread were doing with the reverts. How does it feel now? being at the receiving end? LOL...

Hadaba all of you joojiya generalizationka...Dad walba dad xun iyo dad san weey leeyihiin.

Come on Wadani, you and your Somalis are indeed the biggest criminals:-)

Aaliyah....We are fine with it as long as you are part of this criminal enterprise.

Swing by ceedh office while you are at lol.

Aaliyah. If you reread the the thread, the conversation moved from original point which had some letigimacy. This was not about revert bashing.