Sign in to follow this  
Reeyo

Wearing white

Aaliyyah   

My point was that both marriage can fall apart and just because a somali sister married a Somali guy doesn’t mean she is guaranteed a lifetime of happiness.

Laakin hadaan ka hadalo in la gogol fadhiisto oo la isku dayo in guur la badbaadiyo waa runtaa tii soomaali guursata la isku dayi kara in la saacido. Laakin waqtiga la joogo run ahaanti badana dhalinyaradu dhaqan maba leh dad loo gogol dhigtona maba aha. Many of them get divorced regardless the tremendous effort by their families to keep them together.

At the end of the day it is the couple who will maintain their family not the relatives. I am not here to say that somali-somali marriages are this or that, but simply put no one is perfect. Every marriage comes with its issues.

Let me also add the high divorce rate that somalis suffer from nowadays is somali-somali marriages. Only a handful marries outside of the somali community. It is not even an issue - hadana waxaad arkasa dad badan oo ka gubanaya.

Aaliyyah   

The results of a handful of somalis who married outside of their ethnicity isn't enough evidence to say one way or the other. And anyways we are not here to say the ajanabi marriage is better or not. Garowe girl was insulting those who choose to marry outside of their race.. And, I simply wanted her to refrain from her unnecessary comments like "ajanabi lover" "self hating" etc...

Aaliyyah   

*Blessed;913305 wrote:
Aaliyah, not to put you off but red is the hindu wedding colour, some Muslim indians wear green to be different. But don't be put of every colour can be traced to a religion if we look hard enough, our people are colourful, so nothing is off limits but the white kurdad iyo googarad and the sadex qayd have been with us, even before the dirac. So its not something we got from the christians. White wedding dresses, rings and cakes we learnt from the colonialists..

Thanks for pointing that out. I have seen indians wear red, but never thought that it was based on their religion.

Reeyo   

Ok I guess it was natural progression from White dress to marrying 'white' men.

GG- You seem to be expressing alot of dislike. Best to leave people to their own mistakes. They'll learn eventually.

Wadani   

Reeyo, by 'they'll learn' I gather u don't disagree with the nuts and bolts of GG's message, just with her style of delivery.

Reeyo   

^ Pretty much in agreement with her excluding all the dressing-down language.

When asked: 'War maxa donaysa?' I need the answer as simple as 'Bariis iyo basto' :D

Any other ish is too complicated.

Haatu   

I haven't read what you guys have said, but just because it's a mixed marriage doesn't mean it's gonna fail any more than a pure somali one. It depends on the two people and whether or not they are patient enough to deal with the challenges as they will experience on average a lot more problems than a pure somali couple.

Haatu   

Those that marry revert brothers just for religion and rush things do themselves no favour. Anyone can pretend to be a pious wadaad.

chubacka   

Haatu;913513 wrote:
I haven't read what you guys have said, but just because it's a mixed marriage doesn't mean it's gonna fail any more than a pure somali one. It depends on the two people and whether or not they are patient enough to deal with the challenges as they will experience on average a lot more problems than a pure somali couple.

Thanks for typing this so I don't have to Hatuu. Gg, you make some valid points but you ruin them with your childishness and intolerance. I really don't see why you're so angry at sisters who decide to marry non-somalis, it's their life and their marriage, what they demand of their future husbands' is their own business.

Aaliyah....I think GG is saying there's subset of women who retire common sense when it comes to marrying reverts, in other words, they go out above and beyond to please these reverts while ignoring their own needs. Somali men are not afforded the same courtesy or might even denigrated. Things like marrying someone who just did a stint in prison makes no sense. She condemns her and her kids to poverty as criminals are unemployable.In any case, I guess it's their life at the end.

On the positive side, atleast our girls haven't labelled like Asian chicks dating white guys, a phenom in the states.

Asian girls are...

Ms MoOns   

I had a relatively small wedding.

And tailored one of my dresses with a guntiino fabric and white silk.

Best of both worlds lol and turned out really nice.

And the other dress was a bright gold dirac

Aaliyyah   

Che -Guevara;913624 wrote:
Aaliyah....I think GG is saying there's subset of women who retire common sense when it comes to marrying reverts, in other words, they go out above and beyond to please these reverts while ignoring their own needs. Somali men are not afforded the same courtesy or might even denigrated. Things like marrying someone who just did a stint in prison makes no sense. She condemns her and her kids to poverty as criminals are unemployable.In any case, I guess it's their life at the end.

On the positive side, atleast our girls haven't labelled like Asian chicks dating white guys, a phenom in the states.

Walaal, not all reverts were prisoners it is just another misconception out there. And those among the reverts who were in prisons and changed their ways who are we to say a somali girl can't forgive and overlook his past...the same way many somali girls overlook the past of many somali young men who also committed crimes. I personally wouldn't marry someone who been to a prison whether he is a somali or not. But, not everyone is paranoid by nature like me some people out there don't mind taking risks. And Allah swt accepts people's repentance so again who are we to keep reminding them of their past.....bottom line live and let live. Lets not make decisions for other people. If their marriage works it worked for them, if it doesn't work they will face the consequences of it.

Kii is dhahana umadana ayaan wax ku dhaama hasoo barto sida dadka wax loogu sheego asago cirka isku shareerin oo dadka aflagadeen.