Sign in to follow this  
Reeyo

Wearing white

Reeyo   

Ok I am going to ask a question I've always wanted to ask.-- I was at this wedding recently and the Somali bride looked like any other Somali bride that I've seen. She was tall beautiful, had long extensions and wore a form fitting White wedding dress. She looked stunning but at the same time foreign looking and uncomfortable. I love how Somalis describe brides as 'caroosad' because she looked plastic and barbie looking.

All you married girls- You wore a white dress (don't lie!) Why?

nuune   
Duceysane would love to take part at this topic, with questions, goormaa lagu guursadey, iyo, noolaatey

nuune   

Ducaysane;911062 wrote:

Reeyo, meeqaad jirtaa?

Dabin kolkaad u dhigtaa la weydiiyaa da'da dumarka!

uu kaadi the man is new in the game kow waa guurguuraso mugaas kadib na waa sosocod mugaas kadiba waa roore maahino yaa nuunka marka igaarkaneti sheekadiisa saas camal waaye bo

Reeyo   

What are all you guys doing here? Find an exit.

Blessed walal I was curious because I recently saw a dear friend get married and she had to find 'right' dress and it was white. I found it wanting something. I didn't push it though :D

So what did you wear? normal nice dress or traditional?

Blessed   

Ducaysane,

lol. Thanks for the duco walaal. :)

Reeyo,

I wore sadex qayd, which is actually a white dress if you take away the subeeciyad. I think really glam guntiino and dirac are nice alternatives for a bride to wear as well..

Malika   

I am against big weddings and all that fuss including the wearing of a white dress , so on my small and intimate wedding day - I wore a silky green dirac which was complemented by gold jewelry, against my black/red henna patterns..