Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Is there such as thing as a Clan look?

Wadani;912856 wrote:
Im a sand-dweller...but people think im eritrean, egyptian, ethiopian or african American. My blood boils anytime ppl think anything but a Somali.:mad:

Waxad tidha i am a Somalilander the land of the brave the land of the Kings my lineage is pure on both my maternal side and paternal side.

Sudaantu way ino yara eegyihin but they down have the famous hawk nose but i love their white clothing i am in love with their traditional white clothing. The habash i can tell from a miles away they have bug eyes always check the habash his eyes they are huge they have flat heads most of the time and nappy hair and they're short, these people look nothing like Somalis , Us Somalis are tall and have normal eyes the only thing we share with the habash is the hawk nose even though many habashis have flat noses. Ofcourse non horners can't tell the differences and they consider these folks from the same stock but horners can tell the difference.

Wadani;912869 wrote:
hahaha....not a bad attempt. But translate sand as 'ciid' and dweller as 'gale'.

Is it "ciid" as in sand or "cida" as in tol/reer/families? Sand-dweller doesn't sound right...

xabad;912982 wrote:
War
, am just joking. Although i have seen Kenyan women who genuinely surprised me with their fairness. i really thought some Bantus were undergoing metamorphosis. cosmetics help too. Still, i could never get with Bantus.

Hoogay, ba'ay! You don't know what you are missing...

Xaaji Xunjuf;913031 wrote:
Waxad tidha i am a Somalilander the land of the brave the land of the Kings my lineage is pure on both my maternal side and paternal side.

Xaaji there is no such thing as a pure Somali clan. It is a big myth. Because we are patriarchal, we just count our fathers side but I bet you if you ask about your grandmothers, their mothers etc i.e. if you follow the women, you will find out we are all mongrels. I asked my mum to do a small map for me by asking:

1. What clan was my father's mother?

2.What clan is your mother?

3. What clan was my father's grandmother?

4. What clan was your grandmother?

5. How about the clans of the husbands of all these women?

You get the picture!

I was astounded that just 4 generations into the map, I counted 5 different clans, from cagdheers, to reer gedo, to certain sections of SLers - all different from if I follow just my father's line, and his father and so on.

So if you do, what in social sciences they call "intensity scoring", even though you are say sand-dweller, 70% of you might be something else. Intensity scoring meaning you give a score to a given response every time you here that answer.

Xaaji Xunjuf;913034 wrote:
Sudaantu way ino yara eegyihin but they down have the famous hawk nose but i love their white clothing i am in love with their traditional white clothing. The habash i can tell from a miles away they have bug eyes always check the habash his eyes they are huge they have flat heads most of the time and nappy hair and they're short, these people look nothing like Somalis , Us Somalis are tall and have normal eyes the only thing we share with the habash is the hawk nose even though many habashis have flat noses. Ofcourse non horners can't tell the differences and they consider these folks from the same stock but horners can tell the difference.

The average Xabash is much shorter and much much lighter than the average Somali...I disagree with the hair issue, they have very thick hair, what Somali's would call "garda" - not too soft/jilic/bis and not too hard either...

Haatu   

QansaxMeygaag;912976 wrote:
In my experience, the first yard-stick is color. If you are several shades lighter than the average Faraax/Xaliimo, you are not Somali, you must be Injirley or Eritrean or something else. It is even worse when they try to talk to you and you can't speak Somali because you are sujuu or have spent an inordinate amount of time in the Qurbaha and you qaab doesn't "look Somali".

I don't know whether or not to be offended by this. On the one hand I'm light, on the other I'm short and can't speak proper Somali coz I'm a sijui :D

I aint that much lighter than the typical Somali and I ain't short so I don't know why I'm not Somali according to them. Some say it's the facial features but who knows.

Yes. There is. Although, personally, people always misplace me. I don't know why. I just... I don't get it. May be it's my hair... eyes... I.. don't know. :confused:

Qansax they have thick jareer hair most Xabashis and are short and the vast majority of the Xabashis are darker than Somalis and have flat faces. Maybe you have seen some from Gojam and Gonder Light Skin Amharas. But the vast majority looks like this big eyes not a big forehead like us

This is how the typical habasha look short kinkey hair and brown to dark brown facial features aren't sharp either

kontakt.jpg

Look at the hair thats the typical Habasha loook

1305964233-timket-celebrations-in-addis-

Look at the flat faces and not sharp features nappy hair and they are short and they very dark 2

timket-celebrations-addis-ababa_697875.j

Haatu;913070 wrote:
I don't know whether or not to be offended by this. On the one hand I'm light, on the other I'm short and can't speak proper Somali coz I'm a sijui
:D

I aint that much lighter than the typical Somali and I ain't short so I don't know why I'm not Somali according to them. Some say it's the facial features but who knows.

No offense intended bro; let's keep talking. Fikrada waa in laysdhafsado....sidaa yay hawshu kuhagaagtaa...

QansaxMeygaag;913055 wrote:
Xaaji there is no such thing as a pure Somali clan. It is a big myth. Because we are patriarchal, we just count our fathers side but I bet you if you ask about your grandmothers, their mothers etc i.e. if you follow the women, you will find out we are all mongrels. I asked my mum to do a small map for me by asking:

1. What clan was my father's mother?

2.What clan is your mother?

3. What clan was my father's grandmother?

4. What clan was your grandmother?

5. How about the clans of the husbands of all these women?

You get the picture!

I was astounded that just 4 generations into the map, I counted 5 different clans, from cagdheers, to reer gedo, to certain sections of SLers - all different from if I follow just my father's line, and his father and so on.

So if you do, what in social sciences they call "intensity scoring", even though you are say sand-dweller, 70% of you might be something else. Intensity scoring meaning you give a score to a given response every time you here that answer.

Some people can trace the lineage of their mother and know the Abtirsinyo of their mothers , waliga manad maqlin waan adeeraynahay waan abtiyasanahay. But its true Somalis , xooga waxay saraan abaha.

Xaaji Xunjuf;913075 wrote:
Qansax they have thick jareer hair most Xabashis and are short and the vast majority of the Xabashis are darker than Somalis and have flat faces. Maybe you have seen some from Gojam and Gonder Light Skin Amharas. But the vast majority looks like this big eyes not a big forehead like us

This is how the typical habasha look short kinkey hair and brown to dark brown facial features aren't sharp either

kontakt.jpg

Look at the hair thats the typical Habasha loook

1305964233-timket-celebrations-in-addis-

Look at the flat faces and not sharp features nappy hair and they are short and they very dark 2

timket-celebrations-addis-ababa_697875.j

Bro I think most of the people in the photo are those from the south with a mixture of many tribes and the oromo. Xabash is a generic term for the Amhara and the Tigray and they don't have jareer and are lighter than Somalis...

Any Somali Ethiopians on this thread oo nakala bixin kara? Dee aaway garsooriinti?

Not true i have lived in Ethiopia i know what i am speaking about the habasha are short and have nappy hair , you have seen maybe some nobles from Gojam. But the vast majority of the habesha look like what i posted.I traveled even as far as Northern Ethiopia in 1999 and 1998. Do you want me to post pictures of the Amhara capital bahir dar in the Amhara kilil these folks are short and have nappy hair.

Xaaji Xunjuf;913081 wrote:
Not true i have lived in Ethiopia i know what i am speaking about the habasha are short and have nappy hair , you have seen maybe some nobles from Gojam. But the vast majority of the habesha look like what i posted.I traveled even as far as Northern Ethiopia in 1999 and 1998. Do you want me to post pictures of the Amhara capital bahir dar in the Amhara kilil these folks are short and have nappy hair.

Since you know the land and the people and have traveled there, then waa hagaag. I will leave it at that.