Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Is there such as thing as a Clan look?

xabad;912741 wrote:
I call BS on that. Bantus are the fairest.

You are probably saying that tongue-in-cheek but there are actually very fair Bantus, especially in Southern Africa e.g. Botswana, Lesotho, I've seen really fair ones, and I mean entire ethnic groups...

xabad   

Nope Qansax, i do mean it. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder as they say. I'm not interested in over perfumed anorexic faro-dheer women

Wadani   

Im a sand-dweller...but people think im eritrean, egyptian, ethiopian or african American. My blood boils anytime ppl think anything but a Somali.:mad:

Haatu   

Wadani;912856 wrote:
Im a sand-dweller...but people think im eritrean, egyptian, ethiopian or african American. My blood boils anytime ppl think anything but a Somali.:mad:

Heh, I know what you mean. There's Somalis when I first meet them that refuse to believe I'm Somali. Apparently I'm either Eritrean or Sudanese. I wonder how they can even tell the difference. :D

Wadani   

I know right? The funny thing is non-Somalis r usually more accurate in geussing where im from than my fellow Somalis. It's mind boggling.

Wadani   

Apophis;912862 wrote:
What the hell is a "sand-dweller"?

Do a direct Somali translation of the two wrods and there u have it; the name of the illustrious clan who founded the second biggest city in Somalia. Masha'Allah :cool:

Showqi   

Apophis;912870 wrote:
I think I went too literal
:D

Waryaa that is your problem when it comes to the Somali language. Fish and chips waaxid:D

xabad;912838 wrote:
Nope Qansax, i do mean it. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder as they say. I'm not interested in over perfumed anorexic
faro-dheer
women

Then am with you; beauty indeed is in the eye of the beholder. My friend was smitten with a Kenyan Kikuyu lady....

Wadani;912856 wrote:

But isn't that a good quality? You can pass for any of them...as long as you are confident of your Somaliness, why should you care what other Somalis say?

Haatu;912860 wrote:
Heh, I know what you mean. There's Somalis when I first meet them that refuse to believe I'm Somali. Apparently I'm either Eritrean or Sudanese. I wonder how they can even tell the difference.
:D

In my experience, the first yard-stick is color. If you are several shades lighter than the average Faraax/Xaliimo, you are not Somali, you must be Injirley or Eritrean or something else. It is even worse when they try to talk to you and you can't speak Somali because you are sujuu or have spent an inordinate amount of time in the Qurbaha and you qaab doesn't "look Somali".

Wadani;912856 wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOL non somalis can see im somali but some somalis ask me '' ma soomali baad tahay'' LOOOL awoogiin la ***

xabad   
War, am just joking. Although i have seen Kenyan women who genuinely surprised me with their fairness. i really thought some Bantus were undergoing metamorphosis. cosmetics help too. Still, i could never get with Bantus.