Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Is there such as thing as a Clan look?

Xaaji Xunjuf;913469 wrote:
Maygaag is a typical Somaliland name but you are not from Somaliland maybe kilinka shanaad.

Ah, we have Freud and Jung rolled into one. And how did you arrive at that proposition? Maygaag is a common SOMALI name...could be anywhere from the Somali peninsula...

Alpha Blondy;913474 wrote:
wadani,

are you grandpakhalif from somalinet? i have enough evidence to link you to this online legend.

Qansax is the same tribe as Alpha = Somali and that's final.

@Alpha Yaay! You mean people have time for the dozen Somali forums?

Apophis;913471 wrote:
Just easy on the BS and we're good.

@qansax: I was told I look like Jesus, big deal.

@Apo. You mean the true semitic Jesus or the blue-eyed blonde of the movies? lol

Wadani;913472 wrote:
Only reason i'm asking is u said u've never seen a sand-dweller. This means u definitely don't live in England. I also doubt u live in Canada. Maybe somewhere in the states.

Let me clarify on never seeing a sand-dweller. Walahi I've NEVER asked another Somali what qolo they are unless they volunteer. And am not bragging...

Wadani   

Makes more sense. I ask people im comfortable with which clans they belong to, and I don't think theres anything wrong with that. If they feel uncomfortable, which I haven't encountered yet, I'd just assume their engaging in projection and assuming i'm a qabiiliiste because they r. A thief deems others to be thieves, and a liar others to be liars.

Wadani;913488 wrote:
Makes more sense. I ask people im comfortable with which clans they belong to, and I don't think theres anything wrong with that. If they feel uncomfortable, which I haven't encountered yet, I'd just assume their engaging in projection and assuming i'm a qabiiliiste because they r. A thief deems others to be thieves, and a liar others to be liars.

I agree, nothing wrong with asking. It just hasn't come up in my context. The only time it comes up is when older people come into the mix and they want to "know your friend"; and I genuinely say "I don't know; it has never come up".

Some go round the question from the older person and others come right out with it and say "am such and such" and often times that's when I find out.

Finding out still hasn't increased the slices of bread on my plate the next morning though; same ol' same ol'...

I guess am one of those people who are neutral; don't mind if I find out your clan and don't mind if don't either.

Haatu   

How can you have the guts to ask someone else what qabiil they are. Don't you feel embarrassed? I was taught that stuff was ceeb.

Haatu;913510 wrote:
How can you have the guts to ask someone else what qabiil they are. Don't you feel embarrassed? I was taught that stuff was ceeb.

Why is that ceeb Haatu what sub clan are you after you're bigfoot clan ma kuwi cawlana mise kuwi waaqa cabuudi jiray?

Its not ceeb its just the way to get to know each other.

Wadani   

Haatu, I don't blame. u There is a cultural difference between reer waqooyi and other Somalis when it comes to this. To us asking somone their clan is like asking them their last name. It's very normal to us.

Wadani;913515 wrote:
Haatu, I don't blame. u There is a cultural difference between reer waqooyi and other Somalis when it comes to this. To us asking somone their clan is like asking them their last name. It's very normal to us.

Somalilanders are more open they dont like hiding stuff there are no taboo's in Somaliland society, Koonfurians and supposedly also reer NFD have lots of taboo's and like to hide many things.

Haatu   

Wadani, that's probably it. Quite frankly I was told I have no business knowing someone else's clan. Man you guys are blunt.

Xaaji, none of them.

Haatu   

Xaaji, don't get me wrong, everyone knows everyone else's clan but we just don't ask them straight. Waa laga warwareegtaa.