Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Hooyo Hooyo Hoyooy Macaan

Oh, the sweet nothings our mothers tell us to get thru the vicissitudes of life! What did your hooyo tell you when you were young?

I remember Doris Day's Que Sera Sera; whatever will be will song:

When I was just a little girl

I asked my mother what will I be

Will I be pretty will I be rich

Here's what she said to me

Que Sera Sera

Whatever will be will be

The future's not ours to see

Que Sera Sera

What will be will be

Well, mine thought I was the most beautiful boy ever born in the village, she nicknamed me "Qorone", the "carved one", so cute I could only have been carved to perfection.

How about you guys? What did hooyo tell you?

Reeyo;910771 wrote:
You're a 'boy'?

kkk. Yes, and before you get any ideas, I am using the Doris Day song as analogy, to make a point, of mothers thinking the world of their children!

Malika   

Naxar , your hard hearten, there is no age limit in missing and loving one's hoyo!

Qurbo marka yimii maxaan hestaan uu degeysaan jiire - setting my self off almost every night...

Malika;911804 wrote:
Naxar , your hard hearten, there is no age limit in missing and loving one's hoyo!

Qurbo marka yimii maxaan hestaan uu degeysaan jiire - setting my self off almost every night...

Thanks. Naxar is just acting Somali macho/ragnimo. Even our evergreen Xadraawi, as old as he is, composed a song for hooyo :cool:

Aaliyyah   

Mashallah a much needed thread. Ilaahay walidkeen aduuna wixi san haku simo akhirana minankoda jano haka dhigo.

Waalidku marwalba xaq ayuu kugu leeyahay laakin markay weenadaan bay xaq saaid ah leeyihin. Quranku wuxu yidhi Uff haku odhan waalidkaa haduu midi old noqdo ama labaduba. Ilaahay wuxu ogyahay in waalidku markaas ee weenadaan ee cawimo badan uu baahanayaan ilmahay dhaleena ay tahay inuu sabro oo uu daryeelo oo uu naxariis iyo jacayl tuso waalidka uuna ilaahay uga baryo naxariis la mid ah tay tuseen markuu yera. Markaa banaanka marisid waxaad arkasa hooyo ilmaheeda maanto dhan dhaxanta ka dadasa busto halkan gali koofiyada u hagaaji xita yago gaalo ah inbadan oo ka mid ah waxa isweydiin mudan bari all that effort cunuga maso celin mise hoyadii senior home buu ka tuuri...

Ridwaan   

Who ever came up with the term "hooyo macaan" should be shot in the foot, its obvious the individual was a perv, hooyo macaankeyda yaa badhay. Cajiib.

Ridwaan;912520 wrote:
Who ever came up with the term "hooyo macaan" should be shot in the foot, its obvious the individual was a perv, hooyo macaankeyda yaa badhay. Cajiib.

Maybe the person who taught you Somali is the perv, not the sweet words used to describe hooyo....did you learn the language from some sitcom?