Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Faysal Waraabe: Somalia government recognition grave threat

Let's not get our panties in a tight knot, people. The recognition is a 'diplomatic' win for Mogadishu, not a political or military win. Many are projecting their own agendas and tinted lenses on to the current situation. From the 'Unification supporters' to the 'Kulmiye haters', every random Farax and Jamac is attempting to put his/her own spin on it. The initial criticism was directed at the Somaliland Foreign Policy team which seems to have put the state in a 'diplomatically' more isolated position than when they initially took office 2 years ago. However, we're not at a moment where there's a 'clear and present' danger to the sovereignty and security of the Somaliland state.

Let's take a deep breath....

oba hiloowlow;910995 wrote:
saxiib what im saying is shacabka maybe is daacad for the SL cause but its the ledears who are decievers ninyaho sheekada fahan.

Deceivers SL politicians always follow their people 1960 inageeyaa xamar the leaders did , and 1991 inaga gooyaa xamar and they did the politicians have no problem my friend i trust them more than anything. They might made mistakes to secure SL recognition but in reality they are more trustworthy than anything. Oba you should not compare SL leaders to Somalia leaders , Somalia leaders betray their population we remember Sharif ahmed first ICU allah ak bar. Than later joined the same guys he fought. Or Cabdilahi Yusuf or Cali Mahdi . You cannot compare the SL leaders to Somalia leaders. Silanyo lost the elections to rayaale 80 votes do you think a Politician from Somalia would accept such a defeat lol. No my friend never compare the incomparable.

Xaaji Xunjuf;911001 wrote:
Deceivers SL politicians always follow their people 1960 inageeyaa xamar the leaders did , and 1991 inaga gooyaa xamar and they did the politicians have no problem my friend i trust them more than anything. They might made mistakes to secure SL recognition but in reality they are more trustworthy than anything. Oba you should not compare SL leaders to Somalia leaders , Somalia leaders betray their population we remember Sharif ahmed first ICU allah ak bar. Than later joined the same guys he fought. Or Cabdilahi Yusuf or Cali Mahdi . You cannot compare the SL leaders to Somalia leaders. Silanyo lost the elections to rayaale 80 votes do you think a Politician from Somalia would accept such a defeat lol. No my friend never compare the incomparable.

bal waayahay aynu aragno ii jiid aan ku jiide waa gacmo daalis

NGONGE   

^^ I already clarified that point with you the other day when I was going on about Fowziya and that central banker. No worries there. :D

Oodweyne;911005 wrote:
Ngonge,

Still, playing the clever game in here, eh, bro. No, as you know I was never a devout believer of that London talks, as in here of SOL there is plenty of evidence of that. However, I did gave them the benefit of the doubt on a understanding that we are going to be informed the strategical position we have as we go in into this talks.

But, unfortunately, since, I am (you may not believe this) well connected insider with Somaliland foreign policy advocate groups, I have learned to my horror our case is as flimsy as it has look in that day we have signed that London declaration.

Furthermore, there was that further development along the lines of effectively taking very unhealthy attachment with Djibouti to the point of almost (and for all practical purpose)
"subcontracting"
our foreign policy to that dictator in Djibouti. And, this of course, did also came as a shock to the system. Specifically knowing how that little dictator in Djibouti was always a sworn enemy of Somaliand.

And, finally, if you add all of the above to how they were sleep at the switch when Somalia was recognized in a broad day light without so much of whimper from them, or for that matter having no idea how that will effect them profoundly going forward, then, you can say, that really was to me the final proverbial last straw that have broken the back of the said camel, particularly in so far as my tolerance of this government endless failure is concern.

Now, is that something that you can compute in your cynical way and say to yourself, that, perhaps, our Oodweyne may have an unassailable case in here, particularly, against our government. Or are you yet again going to play your usual game of pretending that you really can't see what the fuss in here is all about, bro.

I can't help it, guru, I have to keep disagreeing with you here until you "show me the money", as it were. :D

I mean you know that I despise the "waxa la yedhi" style of argument and yet you keep plying me with endless waxa la yedhi stories and expect me to take your words for it. No can do, saaxib. If you've gone so far as to air the SL government's laundry in public, you may as well give proper details, saaxib. Where does Djibouti come into it and according to whom?

As for the talks, you originally objected but then were full of praise for the wording of communique. That, to any old passerby looks a tad more than mere benefit of the doubt. Naga daa hadaba and talk straight, saaxib.

What changed? What is the problem? What proof have the "waxa la yedhi" informers of yours given you to change your position here?

p.s.

I already explained my view on the Obama recogniton. That was ALWAYS on the cards for the post transition government of Somalia.

NGONGE;911021 wrote:
Where does Djibouti come into it and according to whom?

That should be discussed in private between the two of you(and I don't mean by PM). You've already informed many unfriendly ears of 'far too many' internal affairs...

It is a sad to see somaliland in this dire situation.Recognition is not coming and every kid in hargeysa knows that,so two choices are there.

1.Complete Isolation from IC and its Consequences while somalia resurfaces step by step.

2.finding a common deal for a way out of this dilemma.

Lets see which choice the elites of this project take.

NGONGE   

Mintid Farayar;911024 wrote:
That should be discussed in private between the two of you(and I don't mean by PM). You've already informed many unfriendly ears of 'far too many' internal affairs...

Warya, you're just trying to entice Ayoub into this discussion so that he may question my "stars" again. :D :D

I have the guru's phone number (unless he changed it) and will promise to give him a listening ear and an earful.

Outside of the noise from Somalilanders, the silence from certain corners is deafening, gentlemen.

Hassan Sheikh has an active monetary pipeline from a certain foreign nation and has been busy within the parliament fully utilizing those funds. This is how he got both his cabinet and budget passed. Certain communities who thought they could play a spoiling role within the Federal system are finding their options limited.

If you only knew how little it takes to bribe 40 Somali politicians! Poverty is a terrible thing...

Oodweyne;911064 wrote:
^^^
Mintid

If you have in mind our neighbors to the east in pirateland, I think you could say their game is truly and irrevocably over. For, they have bet the farm that at best they will always get the Prime-Minister role. And when that failed, they thought, that so much of noise and den of endless racket about how Mugadishu is not playing fair with the Federal system, could get some powers. Particularly, the US or failing then at least the EU. And therefore their hope was that collectively these powers will buy their argument against Mugadishu.

But, sadly, when no one came on board for their little
"jig"
of political mischief-making, then they seemed to have realized that they have no alternative other than to hope that the current government in Mugadishu will not be getting any money.

But even in here, yet again, that has been found to be another mirage for them, since, the Islamist-inclined states in the Gulf Arabia and in Turkey in particularly will always fund the government of Hassan Sheikh for their own ideological reasons.

Furthermore, what is also worse for them in here, is that even US have also decided to side with Mugadishu with that diplomatic recognition, as well as saying that the federal issue is for Somalia to resolve.

All in all, one can say that although we in Somaliland are of course not a great shake in here, since our foreign policy is bit of a naive side, but still, in pirate-land, they are essentially in that horrible place of seeing their goose been cooked by others.

And furthermore, all they can do is to hope that left-overs of their goose itself will be what they will finally share with the any strayed cats that come to feed on the left-overs after the dinner of the day is finished and it is been had by a men of
"political consequences"
that are found in Mugadishu's environment.

Hence, it unenviable position to found oneself in here, I tell you, my friend. Which means,
Iman Faroole
really has no other trick to turn to other than to scream himself to sleep in most night..
:D

Faroole, for all intents and purposes, has been a responsible neighbor from the SL perspective. He's been highly effective in sidelining elements within his community who have a far more hard-line position towards SL. He's divorced his administration from the warmongers among the Sool community who aim to create a new war between Somaliland and Puntland, leaving them in the political wilderness(in Mogadishu hotels, dependent on the dwindling financial handouts from a radicalized diaspora while being ignored by their local hosts). Outside of the once-in-a-blue-moon obligatory mention of Sool and Sanaag, the man has minded his internal business, concentrating on rent-seeking activities with his sons at his side. His gamble with oil prospecting didn't pay off. His scheme to create a strong, disciplined, well-equipped militia under the guise of piracy prevention was scrapped mid-term due to international pressure on the donor(UAE). But you have to admire his tenacity - he still keeps on plugging away. Recently, one of his sons was able to obtain a $2 Million donation from the Emirates (obviously to be used in winning support for another term).

From a SL perspective, his administration is a useful buffer against the lawless South with its Al Shabaab complications. Strictly from a Somaliland perspective ;)