Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Faysal Waraabe: Somalia government recognition grave threat

Carafaat   

Oodweyneh, its a done deal. Just accept it. These so called talks are just theatre to entertain folks as your self. As if Somalis need foreigners to facilitate them. Knowing Somalis and if they want something done, will reach a deal in nightly chewing sessions way before sunrise and start of whatever meeting. :D

Carafaat;910965 wrote:
Oodweyneh, its a done deal. Just accept it. These so called talks are just theatre to entertain folks as your self. As if Somalis need foreigners to facilitate them. Knowing Somalis and if they want something done, will reach a deal in nightly chewing sessions way before sunrise and start of whatever meeting.
:D

ofcourse they need mediation there should be European team to mediate or else it will be useless and talks will fail, because you think SL will agree with Somalias demands and Somalia will agree with SL demands dont think so. Somalida waxad u haysata dad sahlan niyo. This conflict is not easy.

Carafaat   

Oodweyne;910969 wrote:
Carafaat

I have no problem with any done deal. All I want is that it must be done probably and the consent of the people must be ascertain; and finally, it has to be done under the glaring light of the day not in a dark alleyways or between two leaders who are in a hurry to pass something fishy.

To get consent and let something grow, one must first soften the ground. Which the current goverment has been doing from day one.

Second, Somali politics is never done in daylight. But atleast they(politicians) pretend to work and do their business during day light in offices. Hence these so called talks that are held in glaring light in fancy hotels in Dubai and London with Journalist present to report back to innocent folks as yourself. :D

Xaaji Xunjuf;910976 wrote:
Maxa mashruuc ah ma wada hadalka. beesha calaamkaynu ta weydin.

the wole SL thing is a mashruuc mar baad ii dhihi alla inankii oba hiloowlow ahaa run bu sheegiyey

sheeko carbeed adeer halka inu kala jooji qof baad wadankisa mashruuc ku shegeysa . i have been hearing that the past 22 years Somaliland wax ku kordha wax ka dhaca manan arkin. Adigay wax ku kordheen eeh SL waxba kama dhicin stop hating niyo

NGONGE   

Oodweyne;910960 wrote:
^^Saaxiib,

you are too intelligent to play this simple man with us in here. So lets for once play straight bat in here. And by that I mean you are really clued up enough to know the difference between
"facilitator"
of a talk (which has no larger legal standing than what the participants of the talks collectively grant him) on one hand. And that of
"mediator"
, which has a legal standing of his own quite apart from the what the participants of any talks can grant him prior to any talks.

And the reason I am belaboring this point is that in the talks between Somalia and Somaliland we have an
"ad-hoc facilitator"
that has no legal standing to even comment on who is at fault if talks failed. While on the other hand any mediator of the kind the Israeli/Palestinians have, is in a position to quite call out, if and when the talks fails, and in that eventuality who is it that was at fault.

Of course there is no telling whether any given
"mediator"
can do for you any good as Palestinians are founding out to their cost. But, still it's foolhardy to go in to a talks with anybody without having any legal recourse from those who have asked of you to do this talk in the event such talks collapse. Particularly in the sense of them signing off themselves as a
"mediators"
, so that their legal standing will be clear to those who are talking in their presence.

And that is why this holy-grail notion of saying the international community (IC) ought to facilitate our talks is an
"empty shell"
without specifically defining a
"given a mediator"
between the two people that was suppose to be talking to each other and most crucially of all it is an empty shell without the
"terms of reference"
of that mediator has, if and when the talks fail.

In other words on one side of the argument stand a well establish process of how to do this sort of talks with international community (IC) being actively party to it, which is the case of having a
"define mediator"
. And, on the other side stand a process whereby you basically ask any nation you can think of to rent their good offices as the passing facilitators of that round of the talks, without them legally incurring any
"obligation"
for your talks, if and when said talks fail.

Hence, it's pity that as an educated man like yourself, you still can't see the woods for the trees for this simple argument. But. as you say, since you are simple man, perhaps, you easily found yourself been fobbed off by the headline title of the talks between Somsaia and Somaliland which was put about by the London's declaration without scrutinizing to any degree the finer point this government we have in Somaliland deliberately decided to muddy it, so that at least the average Farax back home in Somaliland will not be any the wiser. But, still, be that as it may, of all people, I really expected better from you, bro.

Regards,

Oodweyne.

You're reducing the whole issue to semantics, saaxib? Indeed I am intelligent enough to know and understand how things work. Further still, I can also understand when semantics are needed and when they're not. Do not at all misunderstand my "simple man" comment above, saaxib. When I have a question, I am simple enough to ask it without the need for any second guessing or conjecture. Wax fahan.

The London and the Istanbul Conferences were major events that were attended by many nations of the world and with the blessing of the United Nations. It was not a maqaaxi meeting between a group of geel jires. The communique made clear that there were two sides who must talk and that the IC will help them in these talks. The two sides AGREED to talk. Only once these talks fail would they need someone to mediate.

Now forget all of this and tell me what is your problem here today. For if my memory serves me right (and it almost alway does) I remember you being satisfied with the terms of the communique and the way the talks were meant to take place. I refuse now to think that you chose to change your mind just because Obama sat with Hassan. What is the problem, guru? Spit it out.

Carafaat oodweyne is just saying if the talks fail we will not know but if it does there should be a guarantee for a way out by the IC because they put these talks together in the first place. And the SL goverment is not clear about that just lets hope Dr Bidaar and Siilaanyo know what they are doing.

oba hiloowlow;910986 wrote:
Im not against SL walahi iyo bilahi laakin i know for a fact somalia meel kala tagi meyso

If you are not against it than support their wishes saying i am not against them and at the same time uttering the words of anti SL crew , you are not making sense. Somalia meel kala tegi mayso i do not even want that my friend. the Same way Somaliland na meel anay u kala tagayn.

NGONGE   

oba hiloowlow;910986 wrote:
Im not against SL walahi iyo bilahi laakin i know for a fact somalia meel kala tagi meyso

Define a "fact", Oba. :D