Sign in to follow this  
Gheelle.T

Nansen Refugee Award Ceremony 2012 given to Hawa Aden Mohamed

a tribal woman like you has no limits. i'll educated you in love walahi. my uncle is married to a woman from garowe. you should see her, still acting like she's a descendant of the boqor or something.

GaroweGal;913014 wrote:
Just shut up! Walaahi you are pathetic.

you're not too bad yourself, if i may say so, my lady.

have you seen the Disney classic the lady and the tramp?

Alpha Blondy;909238 wrote:
''the somali mother teresa''

''really impressive stuff''

''well done Hawa!''

''how noble of you hawa!''

''how amazing you've spent an entire lifetime dedicated to helping others!''

''we are proud of Hawa , a true heroine of the people''

''we love you Hawa''

''where there is abject poverty, you find inspirational women of strength like Hawa''

''you're a hero and if more people were like you then the world would be a better place''

PATHETIC!

what's next - NOBLE PRIZE for peace? GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!!

tokenist conferments are pathetic and not worthy of mention.

the committee probably decided - let's pick some random obscure organisation in war-torn somalia and give them the prize this year. it makes a mockery of Hawa's hard work and efforts and she's none the wiser for accepting their accolades. silly old woman. the money spent on this ceremony is probably worth more than Hawa's entire annual budget. these events are a waste of everybody's time and efforts. this is not the bloody OSCARS! there are real life problems out there who need real life visionary folks like eedo Hawa.

does Hawa care for being the recipient of such accolades? i'd imagine NOT! but she's a sell-out for accepting this prize. sure, she'll secure more funding streams now that she's hit the jackpot with this award and has world wide acclaim, that is - individually. but let's not judge her and leave the judging to those who award you first then accuse you of financial mismanagement and corruption.

also why does Universal TV have to mention the names of the individual 'somali donors' who've sent, in kind, a few hundred US dollars. these do-good'ers are lulling themselves in a false sense of piety, particularly when hearing their names aloud as the camera crew visit the destitute in another refugee camp, another hospitals, another orphanage and other places of poverty. this voyeur-like paternalism is DISGUSTING. let these people suffer in dignity and leave them ALONE.

Wah! What happened today in my absence bro Alpha. Something seems to have really really pissed you off. Is it our craze for recognition from westerners or Hawa herself? Is it the wastefulness of the AID industry where all the money, over 70%, goes back to reer galbeed and just a trickle goes to those who really need it?

GaroweGal;913014 wrote:
Just shut up! Walaahi you are pathetic.

Guys let's talk about this; what are the real issues?

1. AID ineffectiveness?

2. Tokenism by reer galbeed, every once in awhile they throw a bone to someone in Africa?

3. That someone else deserved the Prize and not Hawa?

4. All of the above or permutations of them?

5. Something else I am missing?