Sign in to follow this  
walaalkis

justice has prevailed

Taleexi   

*Blessed;909067 wrote:
So what if they belong to minority clans? You do the crime, you should be punished. It should be throughly investigated, I agree.

Selective justice will neither diminish the crime nor be a lesson to the larger perpetuators. The moral of the story, the business as usual shall carry on. Justice travesty is if only disadvantaged individuals listen to the tunes of justice.

Somalia   

Malika;909078 wrote:
Blessed -Doesn't that tell you something about some men in this forum? Kulaha yee uu dhasheen iyo why arent their clan making a fuss..subhanallah! No thought whatsoever about the victims they have committed grievous crime against!!

Line them up! shooting should start on their private parts as they inflicted pain/harm to the girl/woman's part...let them feel it too...

It's a very valid question given Somalia politics. If they are larger clans, they are likely to get away with it, while small clans can be accused and abused without consequences.

People are wondering if they could have been used as a scapegoat given this carried sentence. That said, a rapist should be hung by his testicles.

Blessed   

"I see" said the blind man@ Taleexi and Somalia.

Malika, ma ila yaabtey. Even making up injustices on behalf of the rapist. Allah Kareem!

Jacpher   

Malika;909078 wrote:
Blessed -Doesn't that tell you something about some men in this forum? Kulaha yee uu dhasheen iyo why arent their clan making a fuss..subhanallah! No thought whatsoever about the victims they have committed grievous crime against!!

Line them up! shooting should start on their private parts as they inflicted pain/harm to the girl/woman's part...let them feel it too...

Ina-adeer I think you are referring to me here and the reason I asked that question is to hint in this part of the world, clan plays a role even in the court system and handing down sentences to the accused. As others echoed, clan is a factor and no matter how much we ignore, the criminals of the prominent clans do seem to either get away or bribe their way into freedom. So it ain't strange to ask or suggest if these government soldiers got this punishment in part because of their 'clan status' not that it diminishes the crime they allegedly committed. It says a lot about justice system and how the rules apply. I don't know if that's the case here but it wouldn't surprise me. No one is saying if they're of a powerless clan they should be let go.

And lastly, shooting someone in their **** ain't exactly justice. More like a revenge. :D

Wadani   

^So a victim of rape doesn't have legitimate cause to seek revenge? And what is revenge anyway except justice, and what is justice except revenge? The old adage of an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth captures just how inextricably linked the two concepts r.