Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

U.S. to recognize Somali government, opening door to new aid

Jacpher;909288 wrote:
20130117-somalia.jpeg

I know this is off-topic, but allow me to point out how authoritative and commanding Barack Obama looks here.

He looks like a serious Alpha-Male type Leader who is patiently listening to whatever the Somali President has to say.

Obama is a boss

President Hassan sheikh scored several diplomatic victories:

1. Full recognition of his government, the first post 1991 government.

2. Repudiation of the "Dual Track" Bantustani model of engagement - No more pandering to the numerous Bantustans and that the Central government will be the only

authority that the US will deal directly with.

3. Development of Bilateral ties between the two governments - No more closet diplomacy and direct ties between the central government and the US government.

The paradigm has shifted as indicated by Clinton to a permanent, nation to nation, government to government model. This will exclude the so called custodians: IGAD, AU, AMISOM, Ethiopia, Kenya. The Somali government will make its case directly to the US and propose its own agenda free of Mahiga and his ilk.

NGONGE   

Oodweyne;909323 wrote:
Mintid,

I wish I was that confident about the elites of somaliland as you are. In other words even in here of SOL we have the likes of Norf,
Ngonge
and JB (with his contribution of saying bacaac to everything)
telling you with straight face that everything is hunky dory back in somaliland
whether it is our foreign policy or whether it is anything else. Hence I fear our people decided to be in a deep slumber where this sort of issue is concern.

Assumptions, assumptions guru. :D

The paradigm has shifted as indicated by Clinton to a permanent, nation to nation, government to government model. This will exclude the so called custodians: IGAD, AU, AMISOM, Ethiopia, Kenya. The Somali government will make its case directly to the US and propose its own agenda free of Mahiga and his ilk.

Not true Ethiopia is still US closest ally in Africa after Egypt hence the reason why the US and no other country is forcing Ethiopia to fight under the command of the Amisom. But basically is fighting on a free lance base. Somalia has not the diplomatic muscle to tell AU countries what it wants, ofcourse they have little bit more leverage than before. But on the ground practically it will not help their case, one advantage though is that the US can give Somalia bilateral aid assistance budget aid and try to re open its embassy in Mogadishu to. But the arms embargo is still in effect and Mahigas office is still intact.

Mooge   

oba hiloowlow;909381 wrote:
President Hassan sheikh scored several diplomatic victories:

1. Full recognition of his government, the first post 1991 government.

2. Repudiation of the "Dual Track" Bantustani model of engagement - No more pandering to the numerous Bantustans and that the Central government will be the only

authority that the US will deal directly with.

3. Development of Bilateral ties between the two governments - No more closet diplomacy and direct ties between the central government and the US government.

hahaha. your uncle only meets with Obama and you reached all those conclusions. loool. tell me what qoslaye has done since he came to office other than attend meetings he was called into. Obama meeting with him was AU demand to help the new permanent goverment since the transition has ended. the man even failed to get this meeting accomplished weeks after he was elected as was planned. the US was ready and he was this incompetent for it to take this long for US to meet with first Permenant Somalia President since civil war. loool

you are joker ninyoow.

I don't demean or pray for Faroole's failure but you on the other hand want Hasan's failure even if it comes at the expense of the nation. Your man lost, move on.

Mooge   

Che -Guevara;909512 wrote:
I don't demean or pray for Faroole's failure but you on the other hand want Hasan's failure even if it comes at the expense of the nation. Your man lost, move on.

take a dose of your own medicine ninyoow. check how many negetive comments you made about Faroole and Puntland/puntlanders on this thread we are commenting now.

you are as hapless as it gets ninyoow. your fingers and brain don't work together baan umalaynaya. loool.

Despite misgivings on Hassan's attitude toward federalism and the constitution, US recognition of Somalia as the legitimate government of the country is very significant. No credible analyst can down play what transpired yesterday in Washington. It is victory for Somalia.

That does not mean Somaliland's demands for political settlement with the south will just go away. I always thought recognition was never in the cards for Somaliland. I would like to believe those in the caliber of Oodweyne and NGONGE also have similar understanding.

But this is very important, diplomatic victory for Somalia.

Xiin...you should listen to his speech to D.C diáspora. He made clear statements on federalism and acknowledged he would not be here without the adoption of the constitution.