Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Arabic readers: The History of Slavery in Saudi Arabia

Cawaale   

Nuune, I was drinking coffee yo markaad tiri you actually recognize some of the faces, now i need to clean my laptop. Ilaahay amarkii.

NG, Interesting thread. It's unfortunate that the only sources we can go back to for documentation is indeed the slaves traders.

Cawaale   

Oba, perhaps we were too skinny and had no value when it comes to being slaved. Plus the stubborn headed we are. I mean who buy something they don't intend to use? Why would you buy a Somali if they are not going to do your work and fight with you too. If you kill them you lose money, if not you still lose money. So it wasn't about being Muslim or not. No human being should be slave to another.

Johnny B   

somalee;908849 wrote:
I'm really interested in this issue in general. The condoning of slavery in Islam is beyond my comprehension and logic.
Maybe it's one of the deep wisdoms of Allah and a mere human like I can't grasp.
..it feels just wrong to enslave a fellow human whether he/she is a POW or not. Even more gross is the condoning of sex slaves.
I'm muslim but some things are just too much for moi

Well , 'Allah' happens to be an Arabic god that predates "Muhammad" (pbuh), so how deep is the wisdom ?

Wadani   

Why yes ofcourse, even the Quran attests to that. No Muslim denies this. The problem was they worshipped their idols alongside Allah. That's what the Messenger was commissioned by God to abolish.

Wadani   

lol, I fail to see how u arrived at such a conclusion. Allah is the God of the montheist Abraham, who is the progenitor of the Arabs. The Arabs worshipped the God of their forefather and through the passage of time began worshipping Idols alongside Allah. There was never an idol named Allah, so He's not a pagan God, but he was most definitely worshipped by both monotheists and pagans alike.

Johnny B   

Wadani;908950 wrote:
lol, I fail to see how u arrived at such a conclusion. Allah is the God of the montheist Abraham, who is the progenitor of the Arabs. The Arabs worshipped the God of their forefather and through the passage of time began worshipping Idols alongside Allah. There was never an idol named Allah,
so He's not a pagan God,
but he was most definitely worshipped by both monotheists
and pagans alike

How do you want it?

gooni   

Carabtu waxay u qaybsantaa bad joog iyo ban joog, ama xadari iyo badawi, sida soomaaliduba ugu qaybsantahay waxaana dhaqanka ku fiican badawiga waana reer guuraageena oo kale aan is layn shar iyo khayrna way leeyihiin miyi iyo magaalana way joogaan

Xadarigu waa reer xeebeed sir badan waxaana laga yaabaa inuu sonkorta milix kaaga dhigo in la iska ilaaliyana u baahan

Ciraaq caasimadda koonfureed ee basra siiba cashaar down town'ka hoose waxaa ku yaala tiirar ama camuudyo naloogu sheegay in dadka madaw oo afrika laga keeno lagu iibin jiray waana meeshii ugu horaysay aduunka oo qof madow lagu iibiyo,dadka madow oo koonfurta ku noolna waxay u eg yihiin geeska africa siiba canfar ama soomaali wayna aamus badan yihiin oo taariikhdooda waxba kama yaqaanaan

Soomaalida hadaan yaraanta lagusoo xadin way adag tahay inay rabaayad noqdaan ama daka ku dhex milmaan meel dheer bay kaaga muuqan ayagoo sanka farta kula jira carabtu waxay ku oran (anta somali markaad tiraahdo nacam bay ku oran caraftak) asaga yaqaan siduu kugu gartay!!!

Waana dad aad wanaagsan siiba markay dhulkaagii kuu tarxiilaan kuuna sheegaan in dhulkaaga aad adigu iska leedahay cidkugusoo duushayna aysan jirin si aad catowga uga fogaato iyo qaxooti baan ahay waxyna ku maah maahaan (sabur dabiib) ama saburku waa dhakhtar,

Wadani   

Johnny B I always had respect for ur brain power, but I dont know anymore.

The Arabs didn't fashion and make an idol named Allah and start worshipping it. Allah is Allah, which is 'The God', the creater and sustainer of the universe. The same God all the biblical prophets worshipped, and the same God that people instinctively cry out for when faced with the specter of death.The pagans understood him as such. The reason the Quran condemns them is for their infidelity and not for disbelief in Allah.

Johnny B   

Wadani;908959 wrote:
Johnny B I always had respect for ur brain power, but I dont know anymore.

Not as much as i have respect for your patriotism. :P

The Arabs didn't fashion and make an idol named Allah and start worshipping it.

I never claimed that , so stop repeating it.

Allah is Allah, which is 'The God', the creater and sustainer of the universe. The same God all the biblical prophets worshipped, and the same God that people instinctively cry out for when faced with the specter of death.The pagans understood him as such. The reason the Quran condemns them is for their infidelity and not for disbelief in Allah.

My point is not about the reason the Arab pagans are condemned by Muhammad[pbuh] or the Quran , it is about 'Allah' being their (the Arab pagans) god or one of their gods if you like.

somalee   

Wadani;908891 wrote:
I not so sure about nasab-ness being directly correlated with laandheernimo. I come from a very nasab subclan within the duriyadda, yet I don't count that many names back to the Old man. It's like 16 names. What does this mean for me and the future of my kids????

Lol, that roughly translates to 'laangaabnimo'. You are aware that within the duriyada itself there are 'minors'. That, for the future of your children, may mean that they belong to a smaller sub-group within the duriyada :D

Wadani   

Johnny B;908962 wrote:
Not as much as i have respect for your patriotism.
:P

I never claimed that , so stop repeating it.

My point is not about the reason the Arab pagans are condemned by Muhammad[pbuh] or the Quran , it is about 'Allah' being their (the Arab pagans) god or one of their gods if you like.

U calling me a clannist? :eek:

I agree with u that He was one of their Gods, i'm just saying that before them and after them monothiests have also worshipped Allah. Referring to as Allah as a 'pagan God' paints an innaccurate picture of a diety worshipped exclusively by polythiests.