Sign in to follow this  
Caano_Geel

Mogadishu The Capital of All Somalis?

Taleex, Muqdishu is a national capital, all the other cities you have mentioned are provincial capitals. Each of these cities belong to clans with a few exceptions like Hargaisa, kismayo. Btw, who are these locals you want to be able to be mayors of other cities, almost every freaken person here was born there, who are these locals.

I don't know why this Che always comes around as simplistic with western goggles.

We argue over Xamar, Jowhar or Burco cause its all we have, we don't own Sydney or Washington.

Oba, you say rotational is not possible, what about scattered government branches around the country e.g. Presidential place in Hargeisa, PM and the cabinet offices in Xamar and the executive branches or Somali parliament in Bosaso.

^You argue over nothing, what does it matter who's Xamar mayor?

A more practical thing to argue about is the return of stolen, government property, law and order, and the insuring the rights of the actual reer Xamar, not goofley and geeleey.

^All you are talking about is within the same issue but its funny how you act like a white man at times when we expected you to be Geeley and even if you are not one or somewhat in America, liberal and progressive see things from the psyche of a Somali Geeley.

Also its not only about the mayor but its about everything you talked about including the mayor and all other offices in the capital, should it be for all or exclusive to one club/clan. I think that was the point of the poster.

This is casual debate and nothing serious.

I have to disagree with you when our Sultan Yacqoub destroyed the A,juuran empire 500 years ago Shangaani was his centre and even today its hard to differeniate with the reer xamars and the unuka in shingaani due to intermixing for hundred years.

nuune   

I see a pointless thread here, allow sahal amuuraha and the tabcaan discussion that is going on here are a sign of our failure to answer basic needs.

Khadafi   

Che -Guevara;907815 wrote:
People arguing over an emptied land or ruined capital.

+2! Finally some said it!.

I have to agree with nuune this thread is pointless but the responses show how delicate the situation is. Naabad ma lagaara wali y? Have true clan-harmony been created so that non-mogadishu can settle back and trust that his property will not be looted again.

Lets be honest guys!. Taleexi said it so wisely, When mogadishans can feel they have equal opprttunities to become mayor in Hargeysa Boosaso Laas Caanod, the vica versa happens in the capital.

And by the way, what happend to be compitent? I dont want a corrupt fat mayor elected on clan grounds. I want the most compitent on the job.

Regarding the history of Mudishu, it ís not a city that was made up. It has history and ofcourse its the ancestral land of some clans just as othet cities in somalis are. But I am willing to share it, why should we not share it? All cities should be shared, soomaliya soomali baa leh soomaha?

Xaaji, yaa Unuka siiyay xamar? What a´bout reer Minikayga minkaaga waaye;)