Sign in to follow this  
Caano_Geel

Mogadishu The Capital of All Somalis?

If so...can a non Mogadishan from the other regions, cities of Somalia... e.g Las Anod, Kismayo, Borama, Hargeisa, Garowe etc can be the Mayor of Mogadishu?

If the answer is NO then how Mogadishu can be the Capital of Somalis?

Bal iga jaahil saara niman-yahaw.

Mahadsanidiin

CAANO.

Odey   

This is a Valid question that needs a great deal of soul searching especially by the Communities that make up the majority in Mogadishu. Ideally as the capital city of Somalia ,anyone, provided he/she is a Somali citizen has a right to be elected as the Mayor of Mogadishu. Sadly though the issues that our country went through the past 20 years and the ignorance that has taken hold means that such an endeavor may not be possible today. Change MUST take place, however real change can only come from within.

I believe a good education via all the Mediums such as TV, Radio etc where debates are held in which this point is made clear to the locals and their responsibilities as hosts to the Nation is drummed into them will in my view create such an atmosphere. Educating them is the key. We have to roll back the tide of Ignorance.

I guess the same could be said for the rest of the country. People everywhere should be educated on the right of a citizen to live, work anywhere in the country with his/her rights protected. This is not a short term plan.

Taleexi   

Not now. Marka loo ogolaado reer Muqdisho inay guddoomiye ka noqon karaan Hargeysa, Burco, Laascaanood, Garoowe, Gaalkacayo iyo Kismaayo - kalsoonidu way soo noqonaysaa dabadeedna muddo deggenaansho uun baa laysku xirayaa.

Taleexi;907757 wrote:
Not now. Marka loo ogolaado reer Muqdisho inay guddoomiye ka noqon karaan Hargeysa, Burco, Laascaanood, Garoowe, Gaalkacayo iyo Kismaayo - kalsoonidu way soo noqonaysaa dabadeedna muddo deggenaansho uun baa laysku xirayaa.

+2

Abwaan   

Shouldn't we priorities things?......let Xamar be secured 1st, let every1 come back and then we can talk about leadership.

Taleexi;907757 wrote:

Obviously you missed the point the initiator of the topic was making or if you did not then you must be suggesting that all those other cities should have equal status as capitals of Somalia.

I think his point was how can you tell a Somali person that your capital is 'X' city but sorry you can't run for office there as you are not from the right clan.

the locals should have the right to run their affairs in xamar, this is somalia when you lot gonna learn every somali land is owned by a clan.no matter what you there will never be a neutral capital for somalis

^There will never be a neutral capital you said.

That's a contentious point which I agree with you for the most part and its the answer, the fitting answer you should have given OP instead of going the other direction, you along with Taleexi. I mean, honest is the best policy.

when i said there will never be a neutral capital i mean even if we change our capital to boosaaso,baydhabo or hargeysa those cities will be owned by a clan dhul kasto dad baa leh in somalia thats the problem the only solution i see is to let somalis share every inch of our country.

^I may agree with you to some extent, and going by your logic, since Somalis don't like to share the administration of a city with capital status, it will even be unlikely for them to share every inch of the country.

Markaa what is the solution, do you think the capital should be rotational?