Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Su'aashan bal ka jawaab

Haatu   

Also, I found out that there's an ancient Somali script that hasn't been deciphered yet. Anyone know anything about it?

Haatu;939117 wrote:
What I want to know is, is the Maay dialect going to be used in schools?

That is a good question, one that I would assume hasn't been decided. Though I hope so. I think with this "federalism" system there is a greater chance of that. regions will probably end up having a greater say in their educational curriculum. I would guess probably in places where maay is predominant.

Haatu   

SomaliPhilosopher;939473 wrote:
No, can you please share?

There's not much to share. I was reading on wikipedia (under Somali script) that archaeologists found an ancient script that they couldn't decipher that's it.

As for the Maay: interesting.

A quote from a dua for a girl, ""qayrkeedna dhaafi"" . dhaafi in this case is referring have offspring in which case the girl's "qayr" can be passed along. is that the right read?

Coofle   

SomaliPhilosopher;941382 wrote:
A quote from a dua for a girl, ""qayrkeedna dhaafi"" . dhaafi in this case is referring have offspring in which case the girl's "qayr" can be passed along. is that the right read?

Nice thinking...it makes some sense..

But "Qayrkeedna dhaafi" means "Faceedana dhaafi"....Make her surpass her peers . Qayrkaa is a originally arabic and Somalis use it to mean your peers but the correct somali word is "Facaaga" ...

In my region, Old senior Somalis pray to youngsters by saying "Waynaw oo waraabe duq ah dabada jiidjiid"!!!...Guess what it means.

Coofle   

Haatu;960733 wrote:
What does
abla-ablayn
mean? As in 'abla-ablaynta dhirta'?

Abla-ablaynta= classification

Sorry I have not been inhere for a while

Wadani   

Coofle erayadan ii qeex:

qoonsi

silloon

Differences between agaasim, abaabul iyo qabanqaabin

Haatu;907463 wrote:
I've made this thread in the hope that more knowledgeable nomads can help me out with my linguistic problems.

Su'aal: qofka markuu imtixaam galo, wuu ka dhacaa ama wuu ka baasaa. Marka su'aasheyda waxaa weeye, ereyga dhicitaanka gartey ee laakiin sidee baa Af Soomaali 'Pass' lagu dhahaa?

its ''Imtixaanka waan dhaafey''. dhaafey implies that you've ''passed this stage'' of your study....because exams are usually like going through hurdles until you've crossed the finishing line. :P

Haatu   

Coofle;963067 wrote:
Abla-ablaynta= classification

Sorry I have not been inhere for a while

Thanks duqa! You know I read a few pages of the High School Juqgraafi book the other day. It was like in a different language :D

Alpha, mawjaddee la socotaa sxb? :confused:

Coofle   

Wadani;963085 wrote:
Coofle erayadan ii qeex:

qoonsi

silloon

Differences between agaasim, abaabul iyo qabanqaabin

Qoonsi = dhibsasho ; Tusaale "Waxa aan qoonsaday sida Warsame ula dhaqmay booyaasada (Adeegto) "

Silloon= wax ka si yihiin/aan fiicnayn/xun/ etc.....Tusaale "Samatar ayaa si kulul ugu yidhi maslax 'naga tag bahalyahaw sillooni"

The difference between the aforementioned words is a little bit tricky, its those words you differentiate by experience but when asked to classify objectively it becomes difficult, but let me try.Any help would be appreciated.

Agaasin =To Direct /badiyaa waxa at tusaalaysaa heer maamul (Management not executive) waxa ay is raacaan ereyada Maarayn iyo Maamul

Abaabul =In fal la fulinayo la bilaabo / "waxa aan abaabulaynaa dibad-bax ka dhan ah xukuumada"

Qabanqaabin = This is somewhat opposite to Agaasin (executive rather than managerial) ;in la diyaarsho oo la qabto hawlihii fal la fulinayo u baahnaa

"Waxa mahad iska leh Ardayda fasalka 6aad oo soo qabanqaabiyay xaflada tan"

Alpha Blondy;963353 wrote:
its
''Imtixaanka waan dhaafey''
. dhaafey implies that you've ''passed this stage'' of your study....because exams are usually like going through hurdles until you've crossed the finishing line.
:P

Coofle,

this is correct?

can you give me feedback?

Sign in to follow this