Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Acclaimed/Famous Somalis in your Community

Wadani;924297 wrote:
NGO buzzwords and gobbledegook get on my nerves. Do u work for one of those parasites in disguise Alpha?

NO i DON'T....you'd think a ''aniga og-conscious-back-to-the-roots-Afrocentric'er'' will work with aid agencies and christian missionaries?

:P

Wadani   

Alpha Blondy;924301 wrote:
NO i DON'T....you'd think a
''aniga og-conscious-back-to-the-roots-Afrocentric'er''
will work with aid agencies and christian missionaries?

:P

Rageedi

Wadani   

How many NGO's would u say operate in Hargaysa? And how is their work (or leck thereof) perceived by the general populous? Do people realize that it's nothing but a mashruuc mostly manned by self-interested failures who couldn't make it in the corporate and political worlds of the West, along with a smaller group of bleeding--heart leftist wackos, whose dreams of bringing about a utopia in African villages are quickly shattered by the beaurecratic and funding-centred (read profit-centred) nature of these NGO's?

Wadani;924310 wrote:
How many NGO's would u say operate in Hargaysa? And how is their work (or leck thereof) perceived by the general populous? Do people realize that it's nothing but a mashruuc mostly manned by self-interested failures who couldn't make it in the corporate and political worlds of the West, along with a smaller group of bleeding--heart leftist wackos, whose dreams of bringing about a utopia in African villages are quickly shattered by the beaurecratic and funding-centred (read profit-centred) nature of these NGO's?

these are questions that have no known answers. there are many known NGOs. this much i know. there are also known NGOs, that is to say, i knowingly know of these NGOs, but not as i know a known NGO. but there are also many unknown NGOs which are also unknowingly known as NGOs, these are the NGOs i don't know.

:D

Yea his fellowship is over. Now he is doing another program at a university in Minnesota.

Ayaan lives in Boston? Interesting I thought she lived somewhere in Europe.

Enlighten us saffy on the acclaimed T dot residents

SomaliPhilosopher;907263 wrote:
Virginia

Mohamed Ali Samantar (Former Somali PM/Warlord)

Are you bowing to pressure or you sincerely think the PM was warlord?

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;955744 wrote:
Yea his fellowship is over. Now he is doing another program at a university in Minnesota.

Ayaan lives in Boston? Interesting I thought she lived somewhere in Europe.

Enlighten us saffy on the acclaimed T dot residents

She's married to and has a child with Niall Ferguson, who is a Harvard prof. Wadani covered some of the Toronto folks earlier in the thread:

Wadani;907688 wrote:
Toronto has a lot of famous singers such as,

Jubba

Xasan aadan samatar

Birimo

Saynab Laba-dhagax

Nakruuma

Dalays

Abdi-Jabbaar Al-Khaleeji

I'm sure K'Naan must have a Toronto home, too. It's difficult to decide who is "famous" though, but we certainly have prominent Somalis in Toronto.

Che,I have heard stories from both sides regarding the man. I personally haven't formed a conclusion about Samatar. Warlord may not have been an appropriate title. It was written as I found it as a widely circulated title ascribed to the man at the time.