SomaliPhilosopher

Acclaimed/Famous Somalis in your Community

Taleexi   

Nin-Yaaban;907747 wrote:
Well YouTube sensation
Mahubo Fab
lived in Ohio briefly, does that count?
:)

She is in my town now. Search for someone else Mr. NY.

Carafaat   

Wadani;907688 wrote:
Toronto has a lot of famous singers such as,

Jubba

Xasan aadan samatar

Birimo

Saynab Laba-dhagax

Nakruuma

Dalays

Abdi-Jabbaar Al-Khaleeji

Hassan Aden Samater lives in Holland nowadays.

When i moved to la with family...Iman was here and used to invite all somali families to her house for ciid....then came some low lives, they left n now, we have the x somali dean of lafoole uni, hes phd holder and scholar in maths!

Rest r all tds!!

It has come to my attention the former Prime Minister Abdirizak Haji Hussein lives in Minnesota in the rundown Ceder Riverside Apartments.

How does a PM of such stature end up in Ceder? Quite unfortunate

Carafaat   

SomaliPhilosopher;923690 wrote:
It has come to my attention the former Prime Minister Abdirizak Haji Hussein lives in Minnesota in the rundown Ceder Riverside Apartments.

Waa qaxooti in foreign lands, together with the rest of us.

SomaliPhilosopher;923690 wrote:

That's because there are no retirement or pension systems in Somalia. :)

The smart one took some money and stashed it away in foreign bank accounts for things like this. :)

SomaliPhilosopher;924277 wrote:
That is true nevertheless it is truly a misfortune. The Somali government should welcome back such figures and provide them with a hero's welcome along with proper accommodation.

That would be nice, but there is no MONEY.

artists and our cultural pioneers have a pivotal role to play in the rehabilitation of our broken social fabric. artists are the personification of society. we MUST encourage their involvement and seek their expert opinions in peace-building and rehabilitation efforts. we need talent which has been organically sourced to be given the platform to express their artistic talents to 'repair and rehabilitate' our broken society. certainly, the arts are a crucially medium which could make a huge contribution to nation building efforts - to create a national character and psyche. we MUST establish a 'capacity building' programme to reinvigorate the arts and to uplift our cultural icons to an esteemed position across the Somali peninsula.

Alpha, I agree 100%. Today I was listening to Maandeeq and the sentiments you have expressed were flooding through my head. It is the arts that can bring us together, reinvigorate our morale, reestablish our dhaqan, and do much more.This investments made by the Turkish government, the UN, or any foreign entity can only do so much whereas a cultural movement of sorts including a new wave of music, plays, ect can in essence make us a country once more.

Perhaps we need a playwright president like Vaclav Haval and not a Sheikh.

Wadani   

Alpha Blondy;924293 wrote:
artists and our cultural pioneers have a pivotal role to play in the rehabilitation of our broken social fabric. artists are the personification of society. we MUST encourage their involvement and seek their expert opinions in
peace-building
and
rehabilitation efforts
. we need talent which has been organically sourced to be given the platform to express their artistic talents to 'repair and rehabilitate' our broken society. certainly, the arts are a crucially medium which could make a huge contribution to nation building efforts - to create a national character and psyche. we MUST establish a
'capacity building'
programme to reinvigorate the arts and to uplift our cultural icons to an esteemed position across the Somali peninsula.

NGO buzzwords and gobbledegook get on my nerves. Do u work for one of those parasites in disguise Alpha?