Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Interesting interview with Somaliland Foreign Minister

STOIC   

Xaaji, the minister is spinning the story@9:37.. His gauzy explanation of the British ambassadorial in Somalia is not making me buy his spinning of where they get their orders from...I'm by no certain that they don't get their orders from Ethiopia, but why would Britain do that when they can have everything under one office in Mogadishu?

I think the minister is telling the truth on this one the brits havent a statement that their office in hargeysa comes under mogadisho

The foreign office website still says that the british embassy in addis is still in full contact with the sl authorities

Even if he wasnt he couldnt hide this and it would cause troubles in hargeysa.

The opposition website would be on top of it and it would create tensions all over somaliland

Somalia   

Good interview he asked some hard hitting points, though I thought it was going to be Miss Fowziya, I read the title wrong.

I think it needs to be acknowledged that Somaliland needs Ethiopia more than Ethiopian needs it, that's what the host doesn't seem to get. The port of Berbera is now less valuable to Ethiopia as Djibouti is building 3rd port in Tadjourah, and expanding with a mineral one as well which could be used to export Ethiopians reserves. The foreign minister himself admitted that Somaliland deals with UK through Ethiopia not even Djibouti.

He also hit him on the facts about South Sudan, Malaysia and the issue with passports. Countries except Djibouti and Ethiopia reject it, even Malaysia which previously acknowledged it has rejected it.

As a neutral person in this, I think you should get rid of this guy, the education minister and the chief of staff.

Djiboutis 3rd port will not be finishjed any time soon ethiopia is also involved in the lamu project ethiopia needs more than one or to ports populaton is increasing. Lol@as a neutral person foreign ministry is a hard position especially if ur a defacto state

Somaliland will get there it just has to fight for their rights official freedom doesnt come easy

Somalia   

Well I haven't got a dog in this fight so I am neutral, I am just being observational here. Sure, well you are right to one extend Berbera is and will remain its contraband port, for example if they were to import sensitive materials a high tech port like Djibouti would clock. It is common knowledge that the whole port area is cleared sometimes during the late night for God knows what.

As for the foreign minister, it's simply a position no one should waste time in. This man has wasted tremendous amounts of money on useless defacto embassies when the only realistic way is to start from step one and part way legitimately through Mogadishu. It will never happen unless the rest of Somalia signs of on it. You took a gamble in 1990s and thought Somalia was Yugoslavia but it turned out different. You thought it would be Kosovo, it turned out different.

Now you should think like South Sudan.

Maybe you didnt know but there was no somalia in 1991 no govt nothing i still think it was the best thing to do 199w to declare independence

YugoslavIa was a geopolitical issue eas versus west , no one really cared about somalia in 199w if they stayed together or not somaliland is not kurdistan that is being held hostage by a nato power.

I think in África somaliland has the best case it just needs a political solution

The sudansouth sudan conflict was different s south accepted to be part of sudan for a few years followed by a referendum

The case of sudan is different than somaliland now the ic want sl and somalia to talk.

Lets see how that goes

NGONGE   

STOIC;906226 wrote:
Xaaji, the minister is spinning the story@9:37.. His gauzy explanation of the British ambassadorial in Somalia is not making me buy his spinning of where they get their orders from...I'm by no certain that they don't get their orders from Ethiopia, but why would Britain do that when they can have everything under one office in Mogadishu?

Stoic, this was dealt with last year. Read here:

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/62077-%E2%80%9CWe-love-our-Queen%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%9CWe-want-to-come-home%E2%80%9D-and-%E2%80%9CSupport-the-Commonwealth%E2%80%9D

I was grateful to the Minister for his Department’s confirming that the arrangements for Somaliland will continue to be made through the deputy ambassador to Ethiopia, who has specific responsibility for relations with Somaliland.

Haaheey