Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Rape flourishes in Mogadishu's IDP camps

somalee;906816 wrote:
That's an insult to the countless young women who've been brutally gang raped. It's taboo now to walk around with a young female at night in the areas of Goljano, especially the ''laagta'' part, New Hargeysa and Cabaaye, or you'll risk the gang raping of whoever is with you irrespective of the relationship, and whatever valuable possession you may have with you will be taken.
Everybody who has lived in Hargeysa long enough will attest to this.

i doubt you ever lived in hargeisa and you're in NO position to make up stories.

Marksman   

I also keep hearing about girls/women having to marry their rapists to have her 'family's honour'. It makes me sick to my stomach. And I don't think Somalia is immune to this.

I saw this quote I find interesting for the religious folk.

“The earliest generation of Muslims took pride in their compliance to the Koran’s injunction to abandon female infanticide, an act that was often done to prevent shame to the family. Thus for centuries, Muslims have taken pride in their contributions to the rising status of women. But what pride is there in abandoning burying one’s young daughters in the sand only for them to grow to adulthood wishing that they had been? These tragically frequent stories of women violated over and over again can only be described as the perversion of Islam, unfortunately, by Muslims themselves.”

— Sheikh Musa Furber - The Islam Women Were Promised

Reeyo   

Alpha Blondy;906821 wrote:
i doubt you ever lived in hargeisa and you're in NO position to make up stories.

Why are you in denial yareeo? Go into Goljano with your female friend and report back. (After sundown).

I

Aaliyyah   

Ismahaan;905950 wrote:
These are for sure not National army, they are thugs and need to be punished and disciplined.

I read this article yesterday on one of those somali sites. I couldnt help but tear for these ladies.Somalia ilaahay ayaan u baryayaa sidan in uu si u dhaamo.

Is it possible these are not even Somalis..but kuwa amisomtu keensatay?