Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

Be careful riding those New York Subways...

Another Man Killed When Pushed in Front of NYC Subway. You see a lot of bizarre sh!t taking the subway, but none is more bizarre then this latest trend of pushing people to incoming trains. Be on the look-out for those schizophrenic nutjobs and stay back.

Read along:

New York City police have been searching for a woman who fled a Queens subway station after witnesses said she fatally pushed a man in front of an oncoming train.

At 8:04 p.m. on Thursday an unidentified man was standing on the elevated northbound platform at 40th Street and Queens Boulevard, waiting for the No. 7 train. Witnesses told police that a woman had been walking back and forth on the platform and talking to herself before she took a seat on a wooden bench on the platform.

As the No. 7 train approached the station, witnesses said the woman rose from the bench and pushed the man, who'd been standing with his back to her, onto the tracks.

Witnesses told police that the victim did not seem to notice the woman behind him. He was struck by the first of the 11-car train. His body was pinned under the front of the second car as the train came to a stop.......

http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-killed-pushed-front-nyc-subway/story?id=18080217#.UOc8DndnoqN

Haatu   

One of the reasons I always stay way away from the 'Yellow Line'. I have always imagined this stuff happening to me if I didn't.

Jacpher   

She was later identified and arrested and charged with hate crime.

“I pushed a Muslim off the train tracks because I hate Hindus and Muslims ever since 2001 when they put down the twin towers I’ve been beating them up,” Menendez told police, according to the district attorney’s office.

Sen was from India, but it’s unclear if he was Muslim or Hindu. The 46-year-old lived in Queens and ran a printing shop. He was shoved from an elevated platform on the 7 train line, which connects Manhattan and Queens. Witnesses said a muttering woman rose from her seat on a platform bench and pushed him on the tracks as a train entered the station and then ran off.

The two had never met before, authorities said, and witnesses told police they hadn’t interacted on the platform.

Police released a sketch and security camera video showing a woman running from the station where Sen was killed.

Menendez was arrested by police earlier in the day after a passer-by on a Brooklyn street spotted her and called 911. Police responded, confirmed her identity and took her into custody, where she made statements implicating herself in the crime, police spokesman Paul Browne said.

The district attorney said such hateful remarks could not be tolerated.

“The defendant is accused of committing what is every subway commuter’s worst nightmare,” said Brown, the district attorney.

Haatu;905104 wrote:
You even entertain the idea of finding a seat. lol you should go on the Tube
:D

You can you just have bum rush a few elderly people and look busy when they your way lol

Aaliyyah   

Haatu;905031 wrote:
One of the reasons I always stay way away from the 'Yellow Line'. I have always imagined this stuff happening to me if I didn't.

Subhanalh you are a lot like me. I usually lean against the wall.

As to the topic. when i first heard of this I had to kno if my family was ok. I heard the lady who pushed the man said she thought he was a muslim but he turned out to be Hindu.

guerilla   

I think it's a Somali thing, stepping way back. I can almost hear someone saying 'ka carar' or some such :D

Like when dogs appear on the streets :D

Aaliyyah   

lol Im scared of dogs bt that has nothing to do with being Somali. I have a vivid memory of being chased by a dog as a five year old. I asked my dad for confirmation. He told me he doest remember it lol..till today if i see a dog I walk the oopposite way.

chubacka   

^ I was bitten by a dog as a child, bloody monster dug it's teeth into my right thigh, I still remember my dad trying to explain to the policeman that the owner had dreadlocks, through lots of hand movements. :) anyway now I just stare dogs in the face, they know I am a survivor.

Being pushed really is everyone's nightmare. :( And to be pushed because the crazy person thought you were muslim.