Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

House GOP rejects Hurricane Sandy aid

I wonder how does it feel to be northeast republican whose constituency was affected by Sandy.

Of course this got Peter King heated as expected:

“These Republicans have no problem finding New York when they’re out raising millions of dollars,” King said on Fox News. “They’re in New York all the time filling their pockets with money from New Yorkers. I’m saying right now, anyone from New York or New Jersey who contributes one penny to Congressional Republicans is out of their minds. Because what they did last night was put a knife in the back of New Yorkers and New Jerseyans. It was an absolute disgrace.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/issa-sandy-bill-was-a-pork-fest-85668.html#ixzz2H1RpmKWn

their main issue with the Obama administration is gross spending. Obama admin is selling the idea of increasing tax to the the wealthy to get the working class on their side.

Garnaqsi;905111 wrote:
Why do hurricanes always have female names? US sexism!

Male and female names alternate

Ike of 2008 and Andrew of 1992 are two of the most expensive hurricanes. They are only eclipsed by Katrina.

Names are assigned by National Hurricane Center. Initially, when they first start naming hurricanes, it was all female names but in 1979, males were also included.

AfricaOwn;905149 wrote:
What do you know, the House approves the $9.7B in aid for Sandy victims. I just think 9.7B for New York and New Jersey just seems awful a lot money filled with pork spending.

That's a chump change compared to how much money they spend on military and fighting wars.