Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

Self-Control

STOIC   

Self-control is an avenue to achieve healthier, more successful and satisfying life. Dr Roy Baumeister a well known and largely cited Psychologist explains in this video how to use will power to set up your life. From overeating to substance abuse to sexual misbehavior Self control is associated with good adjustment and willpower to making good decisions. Basically Understanding self-control has potential applications across a broad spectrum of human behavior. Very informative Video and he also co-authored the Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength book with New York Times Science writer John Tierney..I just ordered the book on Amazon

NO THANKS......self control from what? control only leads to dark and deviant urges. only being a muslim and putting your life in hands of Al-mighty can lead your life in the right direction.....what is control without purpose....its mental illnesses, its a fetish, it's abuse.

can we really learn from white people?

they are wicked... and represent the extreme limits of humanity without control...... pedophilia is on the increase, rape is on the increase, incest is commonplace, depression is the norm, their culture is savage and wicked......and has taken a divergent path from the norm. they delusional and hyperbolic. if they think they can educate us then we say.....'NO THANKS'

STOIC   

You are just riding the wave of ignorance warya.This Professor is far from myopic academic and his research has nothing to do with race or religion. I guess you have no respect for Scientific research. Intelligent behavior is a vital to human success and whether you get it from your religion or from your inner self-regulatory training its still something to strive for.

stop hiding behind scientific research. it means nothing to me....i'm an arts graduate and have no respect for those trained in linear thinking, approaches and methods. its all about culture, race relations, linguistics and gentrification. methodological processes, test tubes, specimens in petri-dishes and ''trail and error'' mean nothing to me.

you= 1+1 = 2

Alpha = 1+1 = 2.65

you: the design of the cup

Alpha: the flavour of the drink.

ma fahantahay mise waan waada?

Showqi   

Interesting video. Stoic thanks for sharing.

Alpha, Christmas party-gii aad gurigaaga ka dhigeysay miyaad ilowday! maxaad cadaanka u ceebeyneysaa maanta:p

Informative video about will power and self control. It's indeed more important then we might think. STOIC thanks for posting I might look up his book as well.

STOIC;904692 wrote:
You are just riding the wave of ignorance warya.This Professor is far from myopic academic and his research has nothing to do with race or religion. I guess you have no respect for Scientific research. Intelligent behavior is a vital to human success and whether you get it from your religion or from your inner self-regulatory training its still something to strive for.

just watch the clip and there was nothing new in his talk. thanks for posting anyways.

Showqi;904748 wrote:
Interesting video. Stoic thanks for sharing.

Alpha, Christmas party-gii aad gurigaaga ka dhigeysay miyaad ilowday! maxaad cadaanka u ceebeyneysaa maanta:p

i'm quite happy to hear you read my cantarbaqash. thanks.

Alpha Blondy;904682 wrote:
NO THANKS.
.....self control from what? control only leads to dark and deviant urges. only being a muslim and putting your life in hands of Al-mighty can lead your life in the right direction.....what is control without purpose....its mental illnesses, its a fetish, it's abuse.

can we really learn from white people?

they are wicked... and represent the extreme limits of humanity without control...... pedophilia is on the increase, rape is on the increase, incest is commonplace, depression is the norm, their culture is savage and wicked......and has taken a divergent path from the norm. they delusional and hyperbolic. if they think they can educate us then we say.....
'NO THANKS'

Spot on!

I too listened to the clip and half way through got bored, nothing original, it was just the usual talk but thanks Stoic for sharing with us.