Sign in to follow this  
Abwaan

Happy Birthday to SOLers

Abwaan   

Happy Birthday to all the SOlers who were born on January 1st.:D Since this day is special to you twice, Abwaan wuxuu intaan la gaarin idiin soo dirayaa hambalyo iyo dhalasho farxad leh.

Although this day is not the real bday of most of us i still see it is mine, sharing a birthday with most somali imigrants gives you a sense of belonging and reminds you of who you really are every time I write it down

thnxs abwaan

Happy birthday in advance

Abwaan   

I agree with you Somaliphilosopher. Real or not this day is not mine too although I am part of January crew. I

chose to start this thread in order to celebrate with many Somalis around the globe.

Abwaan   

Aaliyyah;902812 wrote:
LOL is abwaan celebrating this bday on his own..Come on folks...where are the rest of the nomads haha

lol....Aaliyyah...malla yaabtay adna? Only Apophis and Oba joined me the rest waa dhuunteen. Abtigiis, Mooge, MMA, Alpha, Blue, N.O.R.F., JB, XX aaway dadkii?:D

Haatu   

This reminds me of a funny experience I had. All my life in the West, I was lead to believe that I was born on mid-september 94, and why not afterall that's what it said on the passport. However, when I back home in Garissa in 2011 I was curious and just wanted peace of mind so I asked my ayeeyo to give me my birth certificate; and Lo and behold! it turns out I've been living as a certified fake age all these years. My real b-day turned out to be June 30th 94.It turns out that when my old man was completing the papers and procuring the fake Mogadishu birth certificates, being a typical old fashioned Faarax he literally only knew the years and rough season most of us were born in, so he simply guessed the month and day :D And to think I used to torment my Afghan FA friends on 1st of January.