Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Ethiopia's Population

nuune;902416 wrote:
According to Western istatistikis, there is 77 death in every 1000 born, good news for aid workers as they cash more.

Somalia proper population is now heading towards 19.7 million, if we add NFD to that it will be 28.3 million, add to Somali Galbeed, and we have 32.2 million, now add to Djibouti and total we have 48 million Somaliweyn, don't forget to add Somalis in the diaspora, that makes it 57.3 million in total of all Somalis from all corners of the world.

This is too funny

somalee   

Nin-Yaaban;902391 wrote:
Last time i checked they were around 64 million people and this was around 2005-06. Seems like our Ethiopian neighbors have been busy, because according to the latest CIA world factbook, it now has a population of
million (2012 numbers). Wikipedia and the BBC country profile both put it at 84 (2011). Ethnic Somalis still make up 6.2% of the population, and i can imagine they too have grown too. This puts things in perspective for me walle.

I think it's only an estimate. There are places in Ethiopia that are inaccessible, but it's a believable estimation.

nuune;902416 wrote:
According to Western istatistikis, there is 77 death in every 1000 born, good news for aid workers as they cash more.

Somalia proper population is now heading towards 19.7 million, if we add NFD to that it will be 28.3 million, add to Somali Galbeed, and we have 32.2 million, now add to Djibouti and total we have 48 million Somaliweyn, don't forget to add Somalis in the diaspora, that makes it 57.3 million in total of all Somalis from all corners of the world.

According to your estimates, the Somali population can be broken down like this:

Somalia-19.7 million

NFD ~ 9 million

Somali Galbeed ~ 4 million

Djibouti ~ 16 million

Diaspora ~ 11 million

I've seen some generous numbers thrown around before, but these are ridiculous.

Raamsade   

If anything Ethiopia's population is underestimated due to poor data collection and retention. Same holds true for most developing countries. UN figures are good place to start.

The numbers coming out of Ethiopia (even accounting for possible embellishment) are scary. Scary not for Somalia, but for Ethiopia. If the government doesn't fully utilize many of the dam projects underway and make in- roads with the scattered communities through economic development, a population collapse will be imminent. The fact that many of the protected wildlife reservoirs are being encroached upon by subsistence farmers is a sign of how desperate people are already becoming.