Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Ethiopia's Population

Last time i checked they were around 64 million people and this was around 2005-06. Seems like our Ethiopian neighbors have been busy, because according to the latest CIA world factbook, it now has a population of 91 million (2012 numbers). Wikipedia and the BBC country profile both put it at 84 (2011). Ethnic Somalis still make up 6.2% of the population, and i can imagine they too have grown too. This puts things in perspective for me walle.

I think it's true, because if you look at Egypt, their population has grown about the same rate as that of Ethiopia (added almost 20 million from 2005-06, till now). So it's not just about the government making up numbers. Now, why it has grown so fast in a relatively short period of time, i don't know (better hospitals? lack of family planning? more than one wife? longevity?) but they have grown real quick.

Naxar Nugaaleed;902395 wrote:
Since we don't have more accurate statistics concerning ethio-SOMALI growth rate, nothing to worry about

Do you think maybe it's more than the 6% they are saying or do you think its lower than that?

Apophis;902399 wrote:
I suspect the Ethios have fudged the numbers to mooch more aid. No way is it 91 million.

Yo let me ask you this, you are Somali Ethiopian right? Were you born there? Ever been to Somalia? What's your views/opinion about Somalis/Somalia? If this is little too personal, you dont have to answer it. I met few Somali Ethiopians in my life time (last one 2 months ago) and they all seemed cool peeps.

nuune   

According to Western istatistikis, there is 77 death in every 1000 born, good news for aid workers as they cash more.

Somalia proper population is now heading towards 19.7 million, if we add NFD to that it will be 28.3 million, add to Somali Galbeed, and we have 32.2 million, now add to Djibouti and total we have 48 million Somaliweyn, don't forget to add Somalis in the diaspora, that makes it 57.3 million in total of all Somalis from all corners of the world.

Source

Khadafi   

nuune;902416 wrote:
According to Western istatistikis, there is 77 death in every 1000 born, good news for aid workers as they cash more.

Somalia proper population is now heading towards 19.7 million, if we add NFD to that it will be 28.3 million, add to Somali Galbeed, and we have 32.2 million, now add to Djibouti and total we have 48 million Somaliweyn, don't forget to add Somalis in the diaspora, that makes it 57.3 million in total of all Somalis from all corners of the world.

Magical statistics nuune:D In 1973 acording to the old Siyaad regime we were 3.5 million and thirty years later we are 48 million. Thats mor then 200% increase. What should we belive?

nuune   

Khadafi, you believe that crap of Somalia's population to be 3 or 4 million, they still say that though in the media, Xamar alone has ove 2 million.

nuune;902416 wrote:

LoL, Djibouti can't help us in this one. Because they haven't even passed the 1 million mark yet (no disrespect to Djiboutis :)) and maybe even half of them aren't Somalis. If anything, i believe we are about about 25-30 million and this is counting EVERY ethnic Somali in the world.

Apophis;902417 wrote:
N-Y: I was born in Somalia bro, I have little knowledge of Ethio besides ONLF issues

Sorry, i thought i read it somewhere here that u were from there. Where is Carafaat and Abtigiis, what do you guys think about this? i am just curious.

Khadafi   

nuune;902420 wrote:
Khadafi, you believe that crap of Somalia's population to be 3 or 4 million, they still say that though in the media, Xamar alone has ove 2 million.

I dont belive in it But I dont either believe we are 48 million! Their is a simple of way of trying to estimate the somali population. If you look at a Somali guy and if you talk to him you will in a few moments find some common grounds, meaning that You will know a third person who know the guy. This might sound weird but thats what I noticed! ;) Marka if everybody knows each other we cant possibly be 48 million.

Somalia has 8-9 million people, somali.ethiopia 2 million, NFD 1 million, plus djabouti 1 million, total 12-13 million.!

nuune   

^^ Khadafi, then you don't represent Somalia or Somalis since you are talking like an EU envoy by claiming the 8-9 million, did you said NFD one million lol, have you being there, or Somali Ethiopia 2 million, where do you live sxb, waligaa dhulalkaas ma tagtey, you need to travel sxb to know the exact numbers of people.

Your way of calculation is weird to say the least, mine is based pure facts and figures deduced from real life time scenarios, I haven't added those who died though, that could make us in total of 70 million

Tallaabo   

nuune;902416 wrote:

57.3 million!! Hallelujah.

Nin-Yaaban;902415 wrote:
Yo let me ask you this, you are
Somali Ethiopian
right? Were you born there? Ever been to Somalia? What's your views/opinion about Somalis/Somalia? If this is little too personal, you dont have to answer it. I met few Somali Ethiopians in my life time (last one 2 months ago) and they all seemed cool peeps.

You mean somalis under Ethiopian occupation