Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

Somaliland: Cancer of Tribalism Came To The Fore After Meaningless Elections Reignited

galbeedi   

Well Siilaanyo made a lot of mistakes especially the armature Palace minister running the show. he is former

Islamist with a checkered past, having said that this writer's article is just tribal garbage and name

calling. it has no place in this forum.

AfricaOwn, hope you do not suspect Norf to be involved sxb :D

Seriously though, I'd worry about my sub-clan etc, of all the real issues in this world, only if they were assured of selective extermination on an industrial basis (a la nazi; in which case they would already receive more meaningful support than mine).

As long as we all agree that everyone is somewhat a clanist its a start. I believe the problem is to be blamed on the system of government we have. As long as we have this western style democracy in SL, you'll always will have a sub-clan that feels like they're being cheated. People in SL are told to vote, and they all vote based on clan lines, I don't blame them - parties platform comparison guides don't exist. SL is too poor for now to go through all these headaches that come with elections every 4 or 5 years..

Let's at least not differentiate sub-clans at the regional level or even bother with such things versus all the challenges (basic care, water, social issues etc)...

Many do not vote on clans though and the system is not set in stone (unique party, representation without parties, rule by elders and ulamas etc are all explorable options).

Besides the press itself is part of the problem (whereas its professionalism averted an unmitigated disaster during the electoral violences in Kenya).

So, there is hope as long as some of us go against the grain...

NGONGE;902348 wrote:
Beautiful crap. Not a suprise that it's being posted by AfricaOwn either.
:D

Jac, Norf, and NG don't like this article, surprise, surprise, surprise :)

Ps. Xaaji, stop being politically correct my friend, you know what's going in SL today.

STOIC   

^Warya Talexi you are grinning from ear to ear..Its all good this thing is internal Habro wrangle that will reignite again in the next election..nothing bigie here

N.O.R.F   

AfricaOwn;902554 wrote:
Jac, Norf, and NG don't like this article, surprise, surprise, surprise
:)

Ps. Xaaji, stop being politically correct my friend, you know what's going in SL today.

We just don't see what you see in this article :)

N.O.R.F;902560 wrote:
We just don't see what you see in this article
:)

Fair enough....

I guess is it all depends on which of the Habro's you are on how you choose to see this article.